Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Abomination!
Bookmark and Share
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Abomination!
That's the only word I can think of to describe today's offensive performance. There's been a lot of focus on the offensive line, but it just seems like every part of the offense is broken. Toledo can't run up the middle, wrs and qbs aren't on the same page, passes are short, high, etc., and veteran players are making inexcusable mistakes. The drops, the false starts, the lack of focus and fire is exasperating. The officials move the ball more consistently for the offense, than the offense does.
This is not a knock on NIU. I was reading preseason publications, that felt NIU's coach was on the hot seat. I saw a MAC program that had the #2 recruiting class, that today passed UT. Great for NIU, bad for Toledo. Toledo is the Prius of the MAC. It's not passing anyone, unless it's broken down and on fire.
I feel bad for the defense, and Koback. NIU ran the RPO today, an offense that would have scored in the 40's against Toledo a couple of years ago. Despite their efforts, Toledo comes up empty. Given recent years, I would have never dreamed, that Toledo would have one of the greatest defenses in the MAC and one of the worst offenses. At one point, I was actually wishing UT's offense would have just gotten into a fight with NIU. If you're going to piss away a season, especially on homecoming, you might as well go out in style. Circumstances could allow Toledo to still be in MAC West race, but after today, there is no way Toledo ends up on top.
10-09-2021 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.