Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fans’ thoughts
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Fans’ thoughts
Actually, I’m surprised the gap is not even wider. The Eagle Nation seems fired up wanting to have like-minded schools to join and travel to.
60% say “go SBC!”
10-02-2021 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
RE: Fans’ thoughts
Well come on! We welcome you with open arms
10-02-2021 02:12 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
I can't blame any S. Miss fan for wanting to go to the AAC, if for no other reason than the fact they once shared leagues with all except Navy and Temple.
10-02-2021 02:31 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(10-02-2021 02:31 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  I can't blame any S. Miss fan for wanting to go to the AAC, if for no other reason than the fact they once shared leagues with all except Navy and Temple.

Nope. Lots of bad blood there. Schools that shouldered with us on a struggle, beaten by us for the most part, left and held their nose up at us. Not enough TVs?!? Whatever. Most still won’t play ooc bc they’re too good for us. AAC can rot. Judy has no leadership. SBC has great schools in our region and leadership at the top. Time to change the baby.
10-02-2021 02:35 PM
cyc46 Offline
Eagle for Life!

(10-02-2021 02:35 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 02:31 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  I can't blame any S. Miss fan for wanting to go to the AAC, if for no other reason than the fact they once shared leagues with all except Navy and Temple.

Nope. Lots of bad blood there. Schools that shouldered with us on a struggle, beaten by us for the most part, left and held their nose up at us. Not enough TVs?!? Whatever. Most still won’t play ooc bc they’re too good for us. AAC can rot. Judy has no leadership. SBC has great schools in our region and leadership at the top. Time to change the baby.

I echo this sentiment. Screw the AAC. I’d be more excited playing ULL Troy USA ULM stAte I can drive to all easily. In the AAC just Tulane and Memphis. Went to a game in Tulsa once never interested in going back to that crappy little school.
10-02-2021 03:56 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

Tulsa was never anything. Idiots skipped over USM for that, Tulane, and ECU.
Screw em.
10-02-2021 04:09 PM
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
I really enjoyed my trip to Hattiesburg a couple years ago and everyone was very nice and welcoming even after we won. Also most Intalked to even back then were wishing we would play more and starting to show interest in the SBC.
10-02-2021 08:08 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
That's actually pretty impressive to me because it shows USM fans are knowledgeable. This is a team that got left behind when CUSA 2.0 was raided and you might think their fans would revolt at the administration considering joining a conference that's been a punch line in the FBS.
10-02-2021 08:17 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
From one Eagle Nation to another we agree.
10-02-2021 09:01 PM
hotrod2001 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Based on the geography alone I think you’d thrive as a program in The Belt
10-02-2021 09:17 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

We lost again tonight. 24-19 at Rice. Can't get out of our own way. Will Hall is head coach, and also OC. That is not working out so great.
Starting QB (actually 2nd string) went down on first possession, so we brought in a walk-on freshman, who threw for 300 yards, but 3 interceptions. Still should have won.
We're getting there. Losing sucks.
10-02-2021 09:20 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(10-02-2021 09:20 PM)Noodles Wrote:  We lost again tonight. 24-19 at Rice. Can't get out of our own way. Will Hall is head coach, and also OC. That is not working out so great.
Starting QB (actually 2nd string) went down on first possession, so we brought in a walk-on freshman, who threw for 300 yards, but 3 interceptions. Still should have won.

Roger that . . .
10-02-2021 09:32 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

That walk-on qb never started in high school. Yet he came in and threw for over 300 yards and a TD, and we only lost by 5.
Losing is so painful, but you have to give the kid kudos, and a scholarship!
10-02-2021 09:42 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(10-02-2021 09:42 PM)Noodles Wrote:  That walk-on qb never started in high school. Yet he came in and threw for over 300 yards and a TD, and we only lost by 5.

Yeah, both a gutsy and tall ask for a kid in that situation. And overall, you’ve gotta love the grit he showed under those circumstances.
10-02-2021 09:50 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(10-02-2021 09:42 PM)Noodles Wrote:  That walk-on qb never started in high school. Yet he came in and threw for over 300 yards and a TD, and we only lost by 5.

He played ballsy AF, and THEN he pinned the blame for the loss on himself in his post-game radio interview. You gotta love the kid.

Also during said interview, Cox asked him how he ended up at Southern Miss. Dude replies, “Well, I didn’t have any offers out of high school…”

I give you Jay Hopson’s recruiting efforts, everybody.

Hall’s gonna be all right. He just needs some Jimmies & Joes. It’s Monken’s same situation all over again. This year will be a disaster, next year will be a struggle, then things will start happening in ‘23.
10-02-2021 10:27 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(10-02-2021 10:27 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  [quote='Noodles' pid='17697562' dateline='1633228949']
That walk-on qb never started in high school. Yet he came in and threw for over 300 yards and a TD, and we only lost by 5.
Losing is so painful. He just needs some Jimmies & Joes. It’s Monken’s same situation all over again. This year will be a disaster, next year will be a struggle, then things will start happening in ‘23.

That sounds like us. I hope it can turn around that quick.
10-03-2021 09:17 AM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(10-02-2021 03:56 PM)cyc46 Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 02:35 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  

I echo this sentiment. Screw the AAC. I’d be more excited playing ULL Troy USA ULM stAte I can drive to all easily. In the AAC just Tulane and Memphis. Went to a game in Tulsa once never interested in going back to that crappy little school.

But they are a research institution!
10-03-2021 09:24 AM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-02-2021 09:20 PM)Noodles Wrote:  We lost again tonight. 24-19 at Rice. Can't get out of our own way. Will Hall is head coach, and also OC. That is not working out so great.

It's not a real game unless you give up 60 points...
10-03-2021 09:29 AM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-03-2021 09:17 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 10:27 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  [quote='Noodles' pid='17697562' dateline='1633228949']
Losing is so painful. He just needs some Jimmies & Joes. It’s Monken’s same situation all over again. This year will be a disaster, next year will be a struggle, then things will start happening in ‘23.

That sounds like us. I hope it can turn around that quick.

It is us, not to mention our hell was largely caused by a former Southern Miss assistant who quit recruiting his last couple years and started relying on finding guys that no one else wanted, or disgruntled FBS Transfers
10-03-2021 09:32 AM
The Howling Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Fans’ thoughts
My first ever game I attended at stAte was against Southern Miss, you guys ended up winning. Met several USM fans, all nice people. The Nasty Bunch definitely earned the name! Hope you guys join us!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021 10:23 AM by The Howling.)
10-03-2021 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.