Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 12 Expansion Report
Kandy Atz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mustangs
Big 12 Expansion Report
Very late last night, I visited the board and found a post with a link to a Big 12 expansion report. It was quite lengthy and professionally done by Altimore Collins and dated 9/30/2021.

I cannot seem to find that post today. Was it deleted? Was this the right forum?
10-02-2021 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Big 12 Expansion Report
This is the AAC forum
10-02-2021 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
namssa Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
RE: Big 12 Expansion Report
Its in the Off Topic section. But I'll repost it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVThj9R_q4

A fascinating look at all the expansion candidates for the BIG XII and the criteria by which one might choose a school.

After watching it the common thought is Memphis and Boise State are next up, but they actually rank quite low (because of very poor academic ranking).
10-02-2021 11:47 AM
Kandy Atz Offline
1st String

It was from this board. I have never visited the Big 12 board on CSNbbs.

Maybe it was posted by mistake and deleted. I was hoping it would trigger some interesting discussion.
10-02-2021 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
(10-02-2021 11:56 AM)Kandy Atz Wrote:  It was from this board. I have never visited the Big 12 board on CSNbbs.

Maybe it was posted by mistake and deleted. I was hoping it would trigger some interesting discussion.

It’s on the College Realignment board as well
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2021 12:00 PM by tigerjamesc.)
10-02-2021 12:00 PM
Kandy Atz Offline
1st String

(10-02-2021 11:47 AM)namssa Wrote:  Its in the Off Topic section. But I'll repost it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVThj9R_q4

A fascinating look at all the expansion candidates for the BIG XII and the criteria by which one might choose a school.

After watching it the common thought is Memphis and Boise State are next up, but they actually rank quite low (because of very poor academic ranking).

I did find the hard copy, so apparently I did download it.

Thank you.
10-02-2021 12:06 PM
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
This may be the report

https://youtu.be/stVThj9R_q4
10-02-2021 01:37 PM
Advertisement

namssa Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2sdsqbm5qtu16...0.pdf?dl=0

Here is the download of the entire report.
10-02-2021 02:00 PM
Realignment Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC Trojans
It's an interesting video. I only think the Big 12 would expand right now if Kansas leaves and possibly Oklahoma State. Other than that, we're probably good. But the Big Ten has to be enticed by adding Kansas & Missouri in the next TV rights deal and the easy and obvious back-fill for the SEC is Oklahoma State.
10-02-2021 02:14 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(10-02-2021 02:00 PM)namssa Wrote:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2sdsqbm5qtu16...0.pdf?dl=0

Here is the download of the entire report.

It’s reports like this that remind me that no matter what fans say, USF is in a really good spot.
10-02-2021 02:19 PM
Advertisement

Charlie Broadway Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
I posted this on the realignment board, but as someone who skimmed through the report and didn’t watch the video:

According to that report people are really sleeping on USF and SMU for future additions. Furthermore, if Tulane could ever get it rolling watch out.

It just reinforces FTT’s mantra of thinking like a university president rather than a fan. I also had no idea Memphis is changing presidents. Tiger fans would know better than me but I wonder if it’s to their benefit that there is no more expansion until that new prez is settled in.

I know all of this talk centers around athletics, but I’d find it hard to believe that Big 12 presidents wouldn’t look at those institutional fit and academic charts and not want to add to the academic reputation of the conference. Much like the AAC must decide if it wants to favor football, basketball, or academics the next round of Big 12 expansion may come down to a similar decision: institutional fit or football?
10-02-2021 04:56 PM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(10-02-2021 04:56 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  I posted this on the realignment board, but as someone who skimmed through the report and didn’t watch the video:

According to that report people are really sleeping on USF and SMU for future additions. Furthermore, if Tulane could ever get it rolling watch out.

It just reinforces FTT’s mantra of thinking like a university president rather than a fan. I also had no idea Memphis is changing presidents. Tiger fans would know better than me but I wonder if it’s to their benefit that there is no more expansion until that new prez is settled in.

I know all of this talk centers around athletics, but I’d find it hard to believe that Big 12 presidents wouldn’t look at those institutional fit and academic charts and not want to add to the academic reputation of the conference. Much like the AAC must decide if it wants to favor football, basketball, or academics the next round of Big 12 expansion may come down to a similar decision: institutional fit or football?

Institutional fit has a strong pull.
10-02-2021 05:09 PM
Charlie Broadway Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
(10-02-2021 05:09 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 04:56 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  I posted this on the realignment board, but as someone who skimmed through the report and didn’t watch the video:

Congrats on the win! I should’ve also mentioned Temple is another school identified as an institutional fit obviously.
10-02-2021 05:20 PM
Advertisement

Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(10-02-2021 05:20 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 05:09 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  

Congrats on the win! I should’ve also mentioned Temple is another school identified as an institutional fit obviously.

Yes it was. Sports was considered its weakness in those graphics. We lost all our momentum after Rhule left. Would love to gain it back.
10-02-2021 05:50 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps

I think SMU and USF have a really good chance. Both being big rivalry games, monster markets, top level academics… we fit better than Boise does by far.

Boise just got beat by Nevada… got a feeling their successful run is coming to an end. If it does, then you have a tiny market and a long trip.
10-02-2021 06:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.