Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread CFP 10/2
Bookmark and Share
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
Exclamation Open Thread CFP 10/2
Who's in favor of getting rid of Friday night football games (besides Maryland?)

Well in the words of Dennis Green (RIP), Maryland? They are who we thought they were! Iowa now waits for their mega showdown with Penn State. Will PSU be caught looking ahead? They have payback on their minds vs. Indiana. Last year, IU caught them looking ahead to Ohio State. Indiana's opening game loss sent PSU spiraling to an 0-5 start and catapulted the Hoosiers to a magical season. Those first games or early games can really hurt you. Minnesota lost to Ohio State Week 1 (no shame there). Then they lost to Bowling Green. Clemson lost to Georgia Week 1 (again no shame there). Then they lost to NC State. Ohio State hasn't lost since they lost to Oregon but are due for one?

The Game of the Week is in Madison. Michigan is undefeated but their best win is over Rutgers. Wisconsin lost their two big tests vs. Penn State and Notre Dame, this is another game to show they can beat a big time opponent. It's also a test for Jim Harbaugh.

Meanwhile, Illinois gets its last chance at a G5 opponent this year when Charlotte comes to town. Illinois foolishly scheduled their Homecoming vs. Wisconsin next Saturday when they have Charlotte this week and Rutgers at the end of the month. I mean which game(s) would Illinois have a better chance of winning? Of course the last time Wisconsin came to Champaign, Illinois stunned them.

I mentioned last week about Ohio State needing teams to lose to get back in the CFP hunt. This week has a few good chances for the top teams to lose. Oregon goes to Stanford, Oklahoma travels to Kansas State, a team that beat them the last two years (including in Norman last year), Notre Dame hosts Cincinnati (Cincinnati last time I checked was favored), and Alabama and Georgia face undefeated teams at home. I think all of the top dogs win but it's not like this is cupcake week for them.
10-02-2021 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

schmolik Offline

RE: Open Thread CFP 10/2
Wisconsin is about to be 0-3 in Big Nooner games and were embarrassed in the last two games. They are not going to want to see Gus Johnson the rest of the year. The way they are playing this year on FOX, Illinois could beat them if their game was a Big Nooner. Luckily for Wisconsin, their game isn't a Big Nooner next week. If Wisconsin loses to Illinois next week, men's will basketball season officially begin in Madison!
10-02-2021 02:17 PM
schmolik Offline

RE: Open Thread CFP 10/2
Fun With the Transitive Property:

Bowling Green > Minnesota > Purdue > Illinois > Nebraska & Charlotte
10-02-2021 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.