Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Media Deal
Bookmark and Share
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
CUSA Media Deal
Our current media deal runs through the 2022-23 season. So that means there is only one more year on the deal (after this season of course.)

What are the chances that we actually get a real media deal next time? Games actually on ESPN for instance. Does anyone think this is why Jim Delaney was brought on, to help negotiate the next TV deal for our conference?

Would you all prefer to stick with CBS Sports if it meant one game per week on actual CBS at noon eastern as the lead in for the SEC? Or would you rather just go all out to be on ESPN regardless of the day/time etc?
09-26-2021 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: CUSA Media Deal
(09-26-2021 10:42 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  Our current media deal runs through the 2022-23 season. So that means there is only one more year on the deal (after this season of course.)

What are the chances that we actually get a real media deal next time? Games actually on ESPN for instance. Does anyone think this is why Jim Delaney was brought on, to help negotiate the next TV deal for our conference?

Would you all prefer to stick with CBS Sports if it meant one game per week on actual CBS at noon eastern as the lead in for the SEC? Or would you rather just go all out to be on ESPN regardless of the day/time etc?

Are you talking CBS or CBSSports
09-26-2021 10:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
The next media deal will be more of a disaster than this one. I couldn't imagine how bad it will be.
09-26-2021 11:48 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
I’d be okay with CBSSN exclusively if it included two things, one game actually televised on the main CBS channel per year and CBS broadcasting the conference championship game. I would like that to be on Saturday but beggars can’t be choosers there.
09-27-2021 08:03 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
I know it won't happen and probably isn't feasible, but I wish on the next contract we would just sell the rights to the conference championship game/basketball tournaments. Let individual programs sell their media rights for the regular season.
09-27-2021 08:23 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Should let the individual schools figure out what's best since CUSA will be zero help to anyone on this next deal...
09-27-2021 08:37 AM
Advertisement

BirdsUp210 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
CBS is going to be wanting content for their new Paramount+ streaming service. They've gone all in with international soccer, and I can see them using our next TV deal to get CFB content onto the service. I'd be good with games on cbssports network, paramount+ and having our Conf title game on CBS.
09-27-2021 11:23 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

(09-27-2021 11:23 AM)BirdsUp210 Wrote:  CBS is going to be wanting content for their new Paramount+ streaming service. They've gone all in with international soccer, and I can see them using our next TV deal to get CFB content onto the service. I'd be good with games on cbssports network, paramount+ and having our Conf title game on CBS.

I really don't want to have to pay for another streaming service.
09-27-2021 11:28 AM
BirdsUp210 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
(09-27-2021 11:28 AM)freshtop Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 11:23 AM)BirdsUp210 Wrote:  CBS is going to be wanting content for their new Paramount+ streaming service. They've gone all in with international soccer, and I can see them using our next TV deal to get CFB content onto the service. I'd be good with games on cbssports network, paramount+ and having our Conf title game on CBS.

I really don't want to have to pay for another streaming service.

100% agree, we'll all just have to cancel ESPN+.
09-27-2021 11:32 AM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
I am for status quo. Why risk change.
09-27-2021 11:34 AM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
(09-27-2021 08:23 AM)freshtop Wrote:  I know it won't happen and probably isn't feasible, but I wish on the next contract we would just sell the rights to the conference championship game/basketball tournaments. Let individual programs sell their media rights for the regular season.

I would be perfectly fine with this as well. I would love this over our current deal.
09-27-2021 11:34 AM
Advertisement

GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(09-27-2021 11:34 AM)herdfan129 Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 08:23 AM)freshtop Wrote:  I know it won't happen and probably isn't feasible, but I wish on the next contract we would just sell the rights to the conference championship game/basketball tournaments. Let individual programs sell their media rights for the regular season.

I would be perfectly fine with this as well. I would love this over our current deal.

Probably have week night games on Paramount+. Sorry, reply to wrong post.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021 11:51 AM by GEAGLESJAG.)
09-27-2021 11:48 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

(09-27-2021 11:48 AM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 11:34 AM)herdfan129 Wrote:  

Probably have week night games on Paramount+. Sorry, reply to wrong post.

It would be interesting to see who would land deals where and for how much. I feel like there are some programs that could get a good amount for their rights, and others that would get nothing. The average wouldn't be much better than the current payout, but the teams getting paid would be different.
09-27-2021 11:55 AM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
As long as Judy is in charge it will come out less than any other conference even one's very obviously below us. As all media deals negotiated under her have done.
09-27-2021 12:11 PM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls

I always support this idea. Rice typically has a very competitive OOC schedule in football. Our media deal would be a little higher than most others' in CUSA.
09-27-2021 12:28 PM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
I'm against any deal that has us playing during the week. CBSSports is fine with me. I would demand that our football and basketball championship games be aired on CBS. That's the only change I would make. ESPN can go to hell.
09-27-2021 12:29 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Maybe Judy can get us on Instagram, Tik Tok and Snapface.
09-27-2021 12:30 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU

I'm a little leery of network-owned streaming services. There's already a lot of choices that give you way more bang for your buck (Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney+, HBO Max), and right now there's little reason to buy Paramount+ (even Peacock is better because at least all Xfinity customers get it for free). From an access standpoint, I'd rather be in the ESPN family even if most everything is on the + or the 3.

Regardless what happens to the next deal, home-produced broadcasts on streaming services will almost certainly be a big part of it, so a lot of us need to get our fecal matter sorted on that front (ODU is just miserable; I've seen high school games on public access with better production values than our football and basketball broadcasts).
09-27-2021 01:03 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
If Paramount+ can promise not to label us as Old Domin or Old Dom on the chyron I'd accept that immediately
09-27-2021 01:04 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(09-27-2021 01:04 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  If Paramount+ can promise not to label us as Old Domin or Old Dom on the chyron I'd accept that immediately

Don't kink shame.
09-27-2021 01:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.