Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bad Decision by HF in close game
Bookmark and Share
farmfanucdgrad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Stanford, UCD
HF should have taken the easy 3 points. This is a very hard fought game and points are not a given tonight....go for the percentages instead of predictably using Willis on the last two qb option keepers to attempt to go ahead by 7 instead of 3 in the 4th quarter. And yes...everyone knows Willis won't pitch the ball either which makes it too obvious. Great watching Liberty fight and claw their way back but just dumb decision in the 4th quarter to not take points. Liberty deserves this loss.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021 10:09 PM by farmfanucdgrad.)
09-24-2021 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: Bad Decision by HF in close game
Does it hurt guys? Is Falwell crying? :)

Syracuse? LOL.
09-25-2021 02:37 AM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
(09-25-2021 02:37 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Does it hurt guys? Is Falwell crying? :)

Syracuse? LOL.
Where is this coming Todd? Falwell is not president anymore so who cares. I was at the game in Waldo Stadium when Syracuse came to Kalamazoo in 2018. SU ran all over our Broncos and all Tim could do is smile. Answer your own opening question.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
09-25-2021 07:10 AM
Sakatalonzo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty U.
(09-25-2021 02:37 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Does it hurt guys? Is Falwell crying? :)

Syracuse? LOL.

Come on buddy, when was the last WM was good. You are 1-9 against P5 teams. I recall that the last time you played Syracuse you lost both times and it wasn't even close, like you lost by 40pts. Another thing, when was the last time a MAC team beat Liberty? Don't worry I'll wait. Wait I know, it was back in 2013. Yup it's been that long. Since then we are 4-0 against you MAC chumps. You better hope the MAC doesnt invite Liberty to join because you will never win a MAC Championship, EVER! Also feels like you have been waiting for us to lose, it was a long wait bud? Sorry about that.

P.S - Hope you win today.
09-25-2021 07:13 AM
Willflop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty
I'd prefer 3 there as well, but I can understand arguments to go for it. It sucks that we have to have a 20pct field goal kicker that makes the problem even more complex.
09-25-2021 09:15 AM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I'm okay with going for 7 instead of 3. Our kicker is unpredictable; he missed a 36-yard attempt earlier and that should be automatic. That was more painful than the failed 4th and goal attempt. At that time, our defense was in the zone and our offense was finally starting to get it together. After giving the ball back, they punted pretty soon anyways which was the hoped for contingency plan. It's just awful timing that we fumbled immediately, putting them in field goal range with no time left so they could run the clock down most of the way.

Slow starts (21-7), poor special teams, and clock management are what I am blaming the loss on. We should have won but deserved to lose.
09-26-2021 07:46 AM
Advertisement

farmfanucdgrad Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-26-2021 07:46 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I'm okay with going for 7 instead of 3. Our kicker is unpredictable; he missed a 36-yard attempt earlier and that should be automatic. That was more painful than the failed 4th and goal attempt. At that time, our defense was in the zone and our offense was finally starting to get it together. After giving the ball back, they punted pretty soon anyways which was the hoped for contingency plan. It's just awful timing that we fumbled immediately, putting them in field goal range with no time left so they could run the clock down most of the way.

Slow starts (21-7), poor special teams, and clock management are what I am blaming the loss on. We should have won but deserved to lose.

Liberty had to claw and fight just to get even at 21 to 21. Syracuse's defense was really really good, aggressive, penetrating and very swarming and containing toward Willis (and RBs in general). Willis was almost faced with 2 or 3 guys tackling him the whole time before he was able to get out in space. Also...the Liberty O-line was having major issues with the SU D-line and stunting linebackers and secondary, the whole game.

At the time...HF called two consecutive qb option runs (but again....everyone knew that Willis would not pitch) to the short side of the field from the 3. Very very predictable outcome (low percentage of success for this game) which is unusual for HF overall (in terms of thinking). The 3 points were needed and this was like an extra point attempt....Babir has had issues kicking but he made 3 consecutive extra points in the game. This was a no brainer to finally take the lead on a short field goal (length of an extra point). This was a 99% chance of success rate if kicking it from that distance. Get the 3 points first...And then you can let your defense get the ball back or at least hopefully stop the other sides' offense. What happened later with Willis fumbling was just bad luck, etc but that's a whole another story.
09-26-2021 02:29 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
It really does show how much LU has improved. Our fan base is upset with losing to a 3-1 ACC team.
09-27-2021 08:12 AM
Willflop Offline
Bench Warmer

I'll feel better about the SU 3-1 status if it goes to 4-1, and they don't drop their next game against 0-4 FSU.
09-27-2021 10:29 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
You win some and you lose some...that's why you play the game.
09-30-2021 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

So glad I couldn't watch the game tonight. Injuries are taking a toll as well as TOs.

10-16-2021 08:21 PM
Advertisement

SlickRick12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
(10-16-2021 08:21 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  So glad I couldn't watch the game tonight. Injuries are taking a toll as well as TOs.

30 point favorite???

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
10-16-2021 09:24 PM
farmfanucdgrad Offline
Bench Warmer

Today was a very, very, ugly game for Liberty. They laid an egg overall...it happens but it still happened and against ULM no less. There is still plenty of season to play though. I hope they figure it out.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2021 10:17 PM by farmfanucdgrad.)
10-16-2021 10:16 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

(10-16-2021 09:24 PM)SlickRick12 Wrote:  
(10-16-2021 08:21 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  So glad I couldn't watch the game tonight. Injuries are taking a toll as well as TOs.

30 point favorite???

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Anyone who has been around college football knows a few TOs can give underdogs a win.
Injuries are indeed piling up especially at WR and DL. It's showing.
Troy is a better measuring stick for both teams. Not sure what the odds makers were thinking.

10-17-2021 07:48 AM
GE and MTS Offline

Worst loss in our FBS history. Our first season where we lost to UMass and New Mexico State are close but we are too good to be doing this. Willis is playing hero ball and it's costing us games and costing him a first round draft pick. I am fine (but still upset) losing to Syracuse but losing to a school that should be FCS is unacceptable.
10-18-2021 05:57 AM
Willflop Offline
Bench Warmer

Yea, ULM is a bit of a mystery. They barely beat an FCS team and were absolutely crushed by two SBC teams. But on the other hand, they beat a Troy team we struggled the most against by a larger margin. Not sure why these things happen, but there was a palpable mental blip/slump that came over Willis in the second quarter of the MT game. It hasn't lifted. Sports are a strange thing.

I also think we have to allow for the fact that other teams can hire good coaches and improve, just like we did. It's unfortunate they had to turn the page on us. And, it's evident we have major flaws, like with our online, which breeds some inconsistency and makes our off nights that much worse. I think Malik masked how "average" they were last year, especially since teams didn't know how to play us like they do now.
10-18-2021 06:36 AM
Advertisement

WesternSkillet Offline
All American

Is the head coach Freeze or Gill?

D looks like garbage.
Oline with loads of experience, horrible.
No passion.

10-23-2021 04:00 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

5 sacks allowed midway through the second Q to a one win team.

10-23-2021 04:12 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

The injuries keep piling up. This season is nearly over.
Maybe a win vs UMass going 6-6. Outside chance of a bowl.

10-23-2021 04:28 PM
GE and MTS Offline

The amount of sacks is unbelievably bad. Cleaning that up will fix a lot of our issues. Offensive line is the most unit reliant on consistency, meaning they need the same starting five to practice and play together at all times and if someone gets replaced, the whole line needs to adjust to the different play of the new person.

Freeze has historically shown talent in recruiting, particularly offensive skill positions. He needs to get the linemen to make those skill positions most effective.
10-24-2021 08:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.