Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vannini (&Athletic) versus Dodd, McMurphy and Forde
RaplhTheGreetest! Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SMU
No contest.

Why do any of you even bother to quote Dodd, mcmurphy or forde? They have sh!t on us forever. F those guys - don’t give them the clicks. 05-nono
09-20-2021 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
RE: Vannini (&Athletic) versus Dodd, McMurphy and Forde
Vannini is great.

I think I alluded to it, when Navy had our bizarreness with QB coach Ivin Jasper, he had the story...because he attended Coach Niumat's zoom press availability and asked questions.
While chasing other podcasts to sense reactions to those events outside my Navy bubble, more than one podcaster saying "If it's news on "G5" Chris Vannini probably had the lead on it, he's great."
09-20-2021 05:56 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Vannini knows where he makes his money *currently*. He'll be no different in a few years when he covers a different beat.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
09-20-2021 06:20 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Vannini is the only reason I subscribe to The Athletic. That and I like to remind the writers who cover UK and John Calipari how much they underachieve each March 03-lmfao
09-20-2021 08:08 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
he seems to think Memphis and BSU end up in the Big 12 once Texas/OK leave. (towards the end of the interview)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ayF2dCiCg
09-20-2021 11:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(09-20-2021 11:47 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  he seems to think Memphis and BSU end up in the Big 12 once Texas/OK leave. (towards the end of the interview)

Memphis is now the BYU of the G5. The one program that should be P5 that isn't.

I'm not sure if BSU is next on deck. It may depend on how they perform. SMU or USF explode and it could become them.
09-21-2021 06:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Dodd, McMurphy and to a lesser extent Forde love to troll. Vannini, at least to this point in his career, is a straight shooter.
09-21-2021 07:29 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-20-2021 11:47 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  he seems to think Memphis and BSU end up in the Big 12 once Texas/OK leave. (towards the end of the interview)

From 23:00 to about 30 minutes. Interesting stuff.
09-21-2021 07:42 AM
Milwaukee Offline
All American

I Root For: many teams

He does, but he also admitted that BSU might still consider joining the American, temporarily, and he didn't pretend to be certain that Boise St. will end up in the Big 12 in the next 5 years.

Does the Big 12 want Boise? They seem to, but the presidents may not all favor the idea. Kansas and ISU, the two AAU schools in the Big 12, might be reluctant to see the academic stature of the conference diluted by the addition of BSU, which isn't an R1 or R2 school and isn't in the USNWR top 250.

Boise St. would be eager to play in the Big 12, but the would have some incentive to play in the American for at least a few years. Their viewership would increase, they could build their national brand, and they would be a strong contender for the AAC championship and a 12-team CFP bid. In addition the potential loss of CSU and AF would weaken the MWC and improve the AAC revenue differential. They might want to position themselves in the AAC because it's the only "Major 7" G5 conference, while the MWC is considered a tier lower ("mid-major").
09-21-2021 08:35 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(09-21-2021 07:42 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  

I believe it was Pete Thamel when he broke down the Big 12 expansion said that 6 schools received all eight votes. The four invites and Memphis and Boise State.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021 10:07 AM by TIGERCITY.)
09-21-2021 10:06 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps

It’s really hard for me to take anyone seriously when their podcast has their bed in the background.
Nothing screams “ I live with my mom” like a Bedroom backdrop with stuffed animals.

He’s wrong on a few things. I’ve seen independent reports of USFs value to a tv deal. It suggests that we very well are within that mix when it comes to value. SMU is right in there too as is Tulane.

They try to pitch thay it’s definitely Memphis and Boise but I am certain it is not. Those are two of about 4-6 that are options.

I have it straight from high USF sources that we aren’t building in a vain attempt to be noticed and be included. We are building because we are on the very shortlist and it is what the Big 12 wants.

USF doesn’t have to win it all to be invited. We just have to get back to respectable, and our academics, market and high Leerfield rankings will be enough to carry us through.

I know guys like these are BS when they talk in such cut and dry ways. Houston was close to not getting an invite. USF was highly discussed. SMU had a real shot too.

People like these two are signalling to two rabid fan bases for clicks. It’s far from definite who gets in.

I’ve heard of models that 4 get added and Boise isn’t one.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021 10:37 AM by mtmedlin.)
09-21-2021 10:29 AM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

I think he's dead right. B12 has told Boise they're in next round, so they are not going AAC. Memphis is a no brainer to take when the move happens.
09-21-2021 11:14 AM
Owls9878 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(09-21-2021 10:29 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

It’s really hard for me to take anyone seriously when their podcast has their bed in the background.
Nothing screams “ I live with my mom” like a Bedroom backdrop with stuffed animals.

He’s wrong on a few things. I’ve seen independent reports of USFs value to a tv deal. It suggests that we very well are within that mix when it comes to value. SMU is right in there too as is Tulane.

They try to pitch thay it’s definitely Memphis and Boise but I am certain it is not. Those are two of about 4-6 that are options.

I have it straight from high USF sources that we aren’t building in a vain attempt to be noticed and be included. We are building because we are on the very shortlist and it is what the Big 12 wants.

USF doesn’t have to win it all to be invited. We just have to get back to respectable, and our academics, market and high Leerfield rankings will be enough to carry us through.

I know guys like these are BS when they talk in such cut and dry ways. Houston was close to not getting an invite. USF was highly discussed. SMU had a real shot too.

People like these two are signalling to two rabid fan bases for clicks. It’s far from definite who gets in.

I’ve heard of models that 4 get added and Boise isn’t one.

Agreed. The guy is just flapping in the wind.
09-21-2021 11:20 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-21-2021 11:14 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  

I think he's dead right. B12 has told Boise they're in next round, so they are not going AAC. Memphis is a no brainer to take when the move happens.

Agreed, Boise and Memphis are not going to be playing conference musical chairs for obvious reasons. If Boise does not move to the ACC then I don't see Colorado State or Air Force moving.
09-21-2021 12:06 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I'm not sold on Colorado St. football. They spent a ton on a big new stadium and attendence isn't good. They're carrying a ton of debt. Not much impressed.
09-21-2021 12:10 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(09-21-2021 12:10 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I'm not sold on Colorado St. football. They spent a ton on a big new stadium and attendence isn't good. They're carrying a ton of debt. Not much impressed.

The Rams don’t win either. Colorado is NFL country. Not college ball
09-21-2021 08:42 PM
Advertisement

RaplhTheGreetest! Offline
Bench Warmer

Vannini is a god

Mere hours after SMU crushed Tcu, he publishes a tour de force
09-25-2021 05:49 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
(09-20-2021 05:38 PM)RaplhTheGreetest! Wrote:  No contest.

Why do any of you even bother to quote Dodd, mcmurphy or forde? They have sh!t on us forever. F those guys - don’t give them the clicks. 05-nono

I don’t care who is the best.

One of them needs to say something new, post something new, or tweet something new in regards to conference expansion, so we can have something new to talk about the next 24-48 hours. Maybe even start a new thread.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2021 05:27 PM by NoQuarterBrigade.)
09-29-2021 05:26 PM
Pony94 Offline

(09-21-2021 08:42 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(09-21-2021 12:10 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I'm not sold on Colorado St. football. They spent a ton on a big new stadium and attendence isn't good. They're carrying a ton of debt. Not much impressed.

The Rams don’t win either. Colorado is NFL country. Not college ball

Neither of you have a say thankfully
09-29-2021 05:32 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I kinda find it amusing a UAB poster has the audacity to not be impressed with a program when the Blazers have no P5 wins in over a decade plus and has an overall losing record in football and bowl games. I think UAB posters should be thankful another conference may want them and keep the "not impress" comments on the hush.
09-29-2021 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.