Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So what if the p5s have a conference like the aac?
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
So what if the p5s have a conference like the aac?
Geography goes out the window and football rules.
The SUPER AMERICAN CONFERENCE
PENN STATE VIRGINIA TECH NORTH CAROLINA
CLEMSON GEORGIA FLORIDA
MIAMI FLORIDA STATE ALABAMA
AUBURN TENNESSEE OHIO STATE
NOTRE DAME MICHIGAN MICHIGAN STATE
WISCONSIN MINNESOTA IOWA
LSU TEXAS TEXAS A&M
OKLAHOMA NEBRASKA COLORADO
BYU STANFORD WASHINGTON
OREGON USC UCLA

This is where we are heading, NFL junior. Is this a good thing? It is taylor made for tv and would boom financially. Where does this leave other schools? How about other sports? Maybe add Gonzaga Villanova Connecticut Kentucky Duke and Louisville for basketball. Exciting, great games. Would it be worth it? Selling out? Thoughts? Get used to it. It's coming.
09-20-2021 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
RE: So what if the p5s have a conference like the aac?
(09-20-2021 09:14 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  Geography goes out the window and football rules.
CLEMSON GEORGIA FLORIDA
WISCONSIN MINNESOTA IOWA
LSU TEXAS TEXAS A&M
BYU STANFORD WASHINGTON
OREGON USC UCLA

This is where we are heading, NFL junior. Is this a good thing? It is taylor made for tv and would boom financially. Where does this leave other schools? How about other sports? Maybe add Gonzaga Villanova Connecticut Kentucky Duke and Louisville for basketball. Exciting, great games. Would it be worth it? Selling out? Thoughts? Get used to it. It's coming.

Tailor made for whom? If I'm not an alumnus or fan of a school that doesn't appear on your list, what incentive would I have to watch any of them play? Should I care about Tennessee vs. Nebraska, or Auburn vs. BYU? Should I care about any of them? Why?

No network or streaming service would want to exclude so many potential subscribers.
09-20-2021 09:49 AM
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
(09-20-2021 09:49 AM)colohank Wrote:  
(09-20-2021 09:14 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  Geography goes out the window and football rules.
CLEMSON GEORGIA FLORIDA
WISCONSIN MINNESOTA IOWA
LSU TEXAS TEXAS A&M
BYU STANFORD WASHINGTON
OREGON USC UCLA

Tailor made for whom? If I'm not an alumnus or fan of a school that doesn't appear on your list, what incentive would I have to watch any of them play? Should I care about Tennessee vs. Nebraska, or Auburn vs. BYU? Should I care about any of them? Why?

No network or streaming service would want to exclude so many potential subscribers.

That is what I'm saying, but unfortunately I can see us heading this way. This is the ultimate goal of realignment and alliances. Money rules and by the way, who cares about east carolina vs. San Diego state, USF vs. Colorado state, boise st vs temple?
Colleges need to be regional. But, here we are
09-20-2021 09:58 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
It's entertaining seeing bottom tier P5 school fans panic over this.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 06:11 PM by Bronco'14.)
09-20-2021 06:10 PM
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(09-20-2021 09:58 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  
(09-20-2021 09:49 AM)colohank Wrote:  
CLEMSON GEORGIA FLORIDA
WISCONSIN MINNESOTA IOWA
LSU TEXAS TEXAS A&M
BYU STANFORD WASHINGTON
OREGON USC UCLA

That is what I'm saying, but unfortunately I can see us heading this way. This is the ultimate goal of realignment and alliances. Money rules and by the way, who cares about east carolina vs. San Diego state, USF vs. Colorado state, boise st vs temple?
Colleges need to be regional. But, here we are

Alumni and fans of those schools care about those programs and would be delighted to watch them play as opposed to Alabama and other A-list schools.
09-20-2021 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.