Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next victim Notre Damned
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Next victim Notre Damned
Going up Friday night. Staying in Elkhart. Celebration dinner after game.

I hope we are as loud as we were at IU.

Won’t be as hot.

09-19-2021 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Next victim Notre Damned
Those idiots will probably lose to Wisconsin.

09-19-2021 04:14 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It doesn’t matter if they win or lose next week as long as we win the following

I’m of the mind that we need Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Florida to lose twice and Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Oregon, and Penn State to lose at least once before we have a chance at the #4 spot.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021 04:33 PM by rath v2.0.)
09-19-2021 04:33 PM
Bearcat 1985 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-19-2021 04:33 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It doesn’t matter if they win or lose next week as long as we win the following

I’m of the mind that we need Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Florida to lose twice and Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Oregon, and Penn State to lose at least once before we have a chance at the #4 spot.

Clemson still being ranked that high is a joke. I think it's pretty clear that they are going to backdoor their way into the playoff unless they lose again. If there's some carnage in the Big and Pac, this might be the year that espn goes all out for three SEC teams + Clemson.

09-19-2021 04:54 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Clemson is guaranteedto be the #4 team if they hold serve against their remaining meh schedule.

Alabama, Georgia and Either Florida or Texas A&M at guarantees 2 spots.

Leaves 1 spot for Oregon, Penn State, Ohio State and Iowa to fight over.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021 04:59 PM by rath v2.0.)
09-19-2021 04:58 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

2 of AL, TAM, GA will make CFP

Oklahoma likely will lose at least 1

Oregon will likely lose 1

Iowa, OSU or PSU will make CFP

Clemson will lose at least 1

Notre Dame we must give them 1 loss

We need OK, OR and Clem to stumble twice to have a shot.

09-19-2021 05:25 PM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Texas A&M is losing at least two games. My bet is 3.

09-19-2021 09:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcat72 Offline
2nd String

(09-19-2021 03:56 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Going up Friday night. Staying in Elkhart. Celebration dinner after game.

Won’t be as hot.

Staying in Elkhart Friday as well. I felt we were pretty loud at IU once things got rolling our way. Amazing how a sold out stadium empties in about 5 minutes or less!!!!!

09-19-2021 10:43 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2021 10:43 PM)bearcat72 Wrote:  
(09-19-2021 03:56 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Going up Friday night. Staying in Elkhart. Celebration dinner after game.

Won’t be as hot.

Staying in Elkhart Friday as well. I felt we were pretty loud at IU once things got rolling our way. Amazing how a sold out stadium empties in about 5 minutes or less!!!!!

I just am not willing to pay $500 for a HI Express or similar in SB. Booked Marriott with points. Decent restaurant named Artisan in Elkhart.

09-20-2021 04:36 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

Bought $30 parking pass at private lot about 3/4 mile walk.

09-20-2021 08:30 AM
bcat1997 Offline
All American

Posted in another thread. Me and my 3 boys meeting around 8 childhood friends. Can't wait.

09-20-2021 10:23 AM
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Anyone know how officials are assigned for an independent such as Notre Dame playing at home? Hopefully not last Saturday's crew.

09-20-2021 10:49 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Happy belated birthday to one of the greatest actors to ever do it...

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 10:54 AM by Cataclysmo.)
09-20-2021 10:53 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(09-20-2021 10:49 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  Anyone know how officials are assigned for an independent such as Notre Dame playing at home? Hopefully not last Saturday's crew.

It’s a one off game so ND will have their own crew. Likely with ACC patches on their shirts.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 11:04 AM by rath v2.0.)
09-20-2021 11:03 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

Way to early weather forecast 73/51 PC

09-20-2021 11:48 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(09-20-2021 10:53 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Happy belated birthday to one of the greatest actors to ever do it...

Classic scene. If you ever read the comments in Sopranos clips on YouTube, “Quasimodo predicted all this” is right behind all the Shine Box references.

09-20-2021 01:02 PM
Advertisement

DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

It's funny how before the season, most of us would have said the worst case scenario for this two game stretch would be losing both games....when, in hindsight, we should have known that the real worst case scenario may be winning both and then having the national media discredit both wins by any means necessary. Too predictable.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 01:57 PM by DownOnRohs.)
09-20-2021 01:52 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-20-2021 01:52 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  It's funny how before the season, most of us would have said the worst case scenario for this two game stretch would be losing both games....when, in hindsight, we should have known that the real worst case scenario may be winning both and then having the wins totally discredited by the national media. Too predictable.

Better to be "discredited" than mocked as "G5 cannot beat a good P5".

We can only control what we do.

Keep rolling into P5.

09-20-2021 01:57 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(09-20-2021 01:57 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(09-20-2021 01:52 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  It's funny how before the season, most of us would have said the worst case scenario for this two game stretch would be losing both games....when, in hindsight, we should have known that the real worst case scenario may be winning both and then having the wins totally discredited by the national media. Too predictable.

Keep rolling into P5.

So true. But watching the ESPN replay, after the tide turned in UC's favor the game commentator could no longer play the G5 team inferiority card so he drew another one from the bottom of his well worn deck: how would this G5 team hold up playing a P5 schedule over a full season? That's a ridiculous, hypothetical question. Because if UC were playing a P5 season, it would also have the advantages of P5 recruiting and be energized by the challenge of playing big brands all season rather than a steady diet of ECU or USF or Tulsa.

09-20-2021 02:04 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(09-20-2021 02:04 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(09-20-2021 01:57 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Keep rolling into P5.

So true. But watching the ESPN replay, after the tide turned in UC's favor the game commentator could no longer play the G5 team inferiority card so he drew another one from the bottom of his well worn deck: how would this G5 team hold up playing a P5 schedule over a full season? That's a ridiculous, hypothetical question. Because if UC were playing a P5 season, it would also have the advantages of P5 recruiting and be energized by the challenge of playing big brands all season rather than a steady diet of ECU or USF or Tulsa.

Yeah, I heard that too... And I was struck by this:
If IU is a "quality" team...one of the "better" teams in the Big Ten (as was the hype last season and coming into this season), Then UC wouldn't "have" to face teams of that quality "week-in" and "week-out." All Conferences have more "bottom feeder" programs than elite programs; "more" of your "weeks" in the B10 are going to be facing Rutgers, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, and Purdue than Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, and Indiana. It's simple math: the "Top" programs beat up and feast on the "lower" programs.

But, if, IU is a crappy program...one of the "lower" quality B10 teams, then, YES, UC could do quite well facing them "week-in" and "week-out." We won that game in fine fashion and, if IU is a "weak" B10 program then we will face similar to even better quality in our conference games against UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc...

The trouble is, of course, nobody will use this same metric against other B10 teams... Nobody will say, for example, well Iowa's win against IU (Indiana) ought to "count less" because they're a "weak" program. The fact that Iowa gets to face Indiana "week-in and week-out" doesn't get held against Iowa when Indiana sucks. But it gets held against UC whether Indiana sucks or not. If Indiana doesn't suck, we ought to get credit for going in there and winning. If Indiana does suck, then Iowa ought to also get penalized. But Iowa DIDN'T get penalized for beating "Indiana"...they jumped us when they did it. But UC doesn't get ANY credit whatsoever for doing it...because we're not "in the club."

Oh well.

09-20-2021 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.