Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: Texas State
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Exclamation Game Week: Texas State
When I saw "Texas State" I thought I better do Google before I start a thread.

So what did I get? "Texas State Penitentiary." Should have known it would have been easier to go to ESPN and guess which conference Texas State is in. 03-lmfao

It is: Sun Belt.

In three weeks they have played Baylor and Incarnate Word. Again, better to go to ESPN rather than Google for Incarnate Word. Maybe Incarnate Word could be a religious order and not a football team. After some searching discovered that Incarnate Word is a FCS school in the Southland Conference.

Anyway, ESPN doesn't have point spread for our Texas State game yet but lists us as a 75% chance of getting the W. https://www.espn.com/college-football/ga.../401309557

I can see: 3 - 1 OOC and 4 - 4 MAC and with a 7 - 5 record we go bowling. Once again, I'll look to ESPN rather than Google for "bowling."

EDIT: https://emueagles.com/news/2021/9/20/foo...ekend.aspx
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021 06:33 AM by emu steve.)
09-19-2021 05:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

masttg Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: Texas State
TxSt sat nearly two dozen players against Incarnate Word due to covid. I bet they will be fired up to take that loss out on EMU.
EMU must pressure the QB and slow the run. This must come from better ‘up front’ play. The d-lineman need help from the LB/S. Hopefully, Bullough and Neathery can make good adjustments.
09-19-2021 10:52 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-19-2021 10:52 AM)masttg Wrote:  TxSt sat nearly two dozen players against Incarnate Word due to covid. I bet they will be fired up to take that loss out on EMU.
EMU must pressure the QB and slow the run. This must come from better ‘up front’ play. The d-lineman need help from the LB/S. Hopefully, Bullough and Neathery can make good adjustments.

Wayne Co. DPH should be at DTW airport to meet, greet and test them... 03-idea

Wonder how many were quarantined due to exposure?
09-19-2021 11:17 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
EMU is a six point favorite. Take the money line and Texas State. If they are healthy, they will win.
09-19-2021 07:08 PM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

I caught the 2nd half of the Texas State vs. Incarnate Word game yesterday. Incarnate Word is a VERY good team for an FCS school that has an offense I wish we had. They spread you out, are creative and have a really good (singular) qb situation. That being said, an FBS team should not lose to n FCS team, ever.

I am really excited about this game because I feel that this will be our toughest test (excluding UW) that we have a chance to win to date. This is the best test of who we are and who we can count on this season. If we are the 8 win team most of us on this board think we should be from an 8th yr head coach, all the returning talent, and playing at home than we should win this game. How awesome does 3-1 sound going in to a winnable NIU game?!

I will be going to the game solo and am excited about attending. I've got a feeling this will be a REALLY well attended game from our students and am excited to see the tailgates. We are 2-1, weather should be good and a good opponent.
09-19-2021 09:25 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-19-2021 07:08 PM)holybovine Wrote:  EMU is a six point favorite. Take the money line and Texas State. If they are healthy, they will win.

I understand that to assess Texas State involves some risk (because of their Covid issues).

Here are the Sagarins for today. EMU ranked #99. Texas State 142.

Based on the Sagarins and EMU is at home EMU could be a big favorite. Try telling that to Bovine... 03-banghead

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2021-2/coll...ings-2021/
09-20-2021 09:16 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

For Bovine:

Do you have any information on those who did not dress Saturday?

As you know, rosters can be up to say 100 players. I believe travel rosters are 55 (has that changed?). Do you have any idea as to HOW MANY of the 20 who did not dress were in the 2-deeps?
Twenty could be virtually all OR none of the starters or something in between. What do we know?

Just based on random probabilities, 20% of the 2-deeps would be say 9 players.
09-20-2021 09:28 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(09-20-2021 09:28 AM)emu steve Wrote:  For Bovine:

Do you have any information on those who did not dress Saturday?

As you know, rosters can be up to say 100 players. I believe travel rosters are 55 (has that changed?). Do you have any idea as to HOW MANY of the 20 who did not dress were in the 2-deeps?
Twenty could be virtually all OR none of the starters or something in between. What do we know?

Just based on random probabilities, 20% of the 2-deeps would be say 9 players.

dudes been chugging that haterade
09-20-2021 09:31 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Just hope this isn't Rob Rubick Saturday.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/143...dd4b29bf62
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 12:30 PM by emu steve.)
09-20-2021 12:30 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Saw nothing unusual on the offensive 2-deeps. Westmoreland listed as a starter.

We are deep at RB!
09-20-2021 03:00 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(09-20-2021 03:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Saw nothing unusual on the offensive 2-deeps. Westmoreland listed as a starter.

We are deep at RB!
Great decision on Westmoreland! Athleticism, size, and speed! Drummond and Beydoun don't have all 3!
09-20-2021 03:11 PM
Advertisement

Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

(09-20-2021 03:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Saw nothing unusual on the offensive 2-deeps. Westmoreland listed as a starter.

We are deep at RB!

Yes that was the big change I saw, Westmoreland listed as a starter, Summers no longer on the two-deep. I also thought it was interesting that Hutchinson is list listed as the starter over Bryant. Given Bryant got the bulk of the time last week I thought he'd be listed as the starter or it'd at least be a "Hutchinson OR Bryant" listing. LaFluer also back to be listed as a starter.
09-20-2021 03:29 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-20-2021 03:29 PM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  

We are deep at RB!

Yes that was the big change I saw, Westmoreland listed as a starter, Summers no longer on the two-deep. I also thought it was interesting that Hutchinson is list listed as the starter over Bryant. Given Bryant got the bulk of the time last week I thought he'd be listed as the starter or it'd at least be a "Hutchinson OR Bryant" listing. LaFluer also back to be listed as a starter.

RE: QB. My biggest problem is that we have two similar QBs. Calling Hutch a running QB is a stretch. He is a QB who can run, (upright 03-banghead, to boot) but isn't a RPO QB.

However, when quality QBs become available you take them as they are.

I assume that after Saturday's game, C.C. will anoint a starter. Looks like Bryant has the inside track.

I know two QBs is tough and three even worse, but I'd like to see another QB who can run some. Someone who can play a series or two when a running QB may be useful to change the game tempo. Austin Smith? Baron May, if I remember correctly throws well and moves well on his feet.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 04:01 PM by emu steve.)
09-20-2021 03:52 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Eastern should be able to get the win and go to 3-1!
09-20-2021 03:55 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-20-2021 03:55 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Eastern should be able to get the win and go to 3-1!

And Bovine rejoins??? (rejoinder):
09-20-2021 04:25 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Regarding their "25 players out with COVID," that quote is from the head coach in the post-game presser. I think it was an off-hand remark rather than a specific number. Plus it wasn't just players having COVID, it's also injuries that left some players out.

It appears to only be 4 players that missed who are regular contributors. Two starters and two players who get a decent amount of snaps. The players were "defensive lineman Caeveon Patton...outside linebacker London Harris, defensive back Eric Sutton and tight end Tyler Huff."

Here's the article from their local newspaper where I got that from: https://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/t...word-42-38

I couldn't find any info on if those 4 players will be available on Saturday, or if they were out with COVID or injuries.
09-20-2021 04:41 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Looks like Donnellon, Bogan, Vaden, Schiedt Aaron Jackson and Benson are out for us. Maybe we will see Rush back this week.
09-21-2021 04:58 AM
EMU03' Offline
2nd String

(09-21-2021 04:58 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Looks like Donnellon, Bogan, Vaden, Schiedt Aaron Jackson and Benson are out for us. Maybe we will see Rush back this week.

Knue still in a sling?
09-21-2021 01:42 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(09-21-2021 01:42 PM)EMU03 Wrote:  
(09-21-2021 04:58 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Looks like Donnellon, Bogan, Vaden, Schiedt Aaron Jackson and Benson are out for us. Maybe we will see Rush back this week.

Knue still in a sling?

Don't know but probably not available.
09-21-2021 02:24 PM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

These secondary injuries are crazy. Good to have Novski back, but what happened to Bogan and Vaden? Anyone know if they are coming back soon?
09-21-2021 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.