Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michigan Week! Anything can happen…..
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Michigan Week! Anything can happen…..
Jacksonville State just beat FSU03-nutkick03-lmfao . What is going on in college football right now???
09-12-2021 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Michigan Week! Anything can happen…..
(09-12-2021 08:48 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Jacksonville State just beat FSU03-nutkick03-lmfao . What is going on in college football right now???

So many "upsets" yesterday (and too close for comfort games as well).

Texas got a big ol' "Welcome to the SEC" from Arkansas of all teams.
09-12-2021 08:57 AM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(09-12-2021 08:57 AM)Big Red Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 08:48 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Jacksonville State just beat FSU03-nutkick03-lmfao . What is going on in college football right now???

Right now Coach Pittman could run for governor and beat Asa Hutchinson.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!
09-12-2021 09:29 AM
Big Red Online
All American

(09-12-2021 09:29 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I think most SEC states would elect the football coach over anyone else for the governor's seat.

Also sadly, none of them would take the massive pay cut.
09-12-2021 10:44 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(09-12-2021 10:44 AM)Big Red Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 09:29 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I think most SEC states would elect the football coach over anyone else for the governor's seat.

Also sadly, none of them would take the massive pay cut.

And Toledo held up well against #8 ND..
I'm moving on from the Wyoming game and worrying about Michigan. \Late summer/fall is worrying about the NIU game each week.
09-13-2021 08:30 PM
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer

09-13-2021 09:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJoe Offline
All American

I Root For:
Rocky Lombardi rocked the Big House last year to the tune of 3 TDs and 300 yards for the MSU win. Can history repeat itself?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021 09:44 PM by HuskieJoe.)
09-13-2021 09:43 PM
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
(09-13-2021 09:43 PM)HuskieJoe Wrote:  Rocky Lombardi rocked the Big House last year to the tune of 3 TDs and 300 yards for the MSU win. Can history repeat itself?

09-13-2021 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

Is this game on B1G network or where is it being televised...
09-14-2021 06:50 AM
Big Red Online
All American

(09-14-2021 06:50 AM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  Is this game on B1G network or where is it being televised...

According to the ESPN score page, the game is on the B1G Network.

11AM DeKalb time which means they're starting at Noon in Ann Arbor. How they ever expect people to show up and have sufficient time to tailgate AND enter the stadium is beyond me.

I'm expecting an announced attendance of about 95k but real attendance of butts in seats to be around 5k because we all know that fans can't make it to a stadium before a 2:30 PM kickoff.
09-14-2021 07:32 AM
Splooie99 Offline
2nd String

Can anything happen? Of course it can. Will it happen, I doubt it. The challenge NIU will face this week is much bigger and faster than the previous two teams. That being said, If this was next year and we had an entire years of experience under our belts, I would have a little better feeling about this one. But, youth brings two things. We are still making mistakes and our defense is suspect. Especially with the passing game. I also see a potential nightmare with MI's running game against our undersized ends.

So, when you look at it, this game has potential doom written all over it. I going to guess that we do not come out flat like we did last week and I expect we will be within 10-14 points at halftime. But, in the long run, I can easily see us losing this game by 21.

MI is not Wyoming. They will not tire as they have depth that is equal to our talent level.

But, if we can catch them sleeping and overlooking the Huskies, we can hang around for 3 quarters. Time will tell. If this team comes out and holds their own in the trenches, it could be an interesting game. I am afraid that our corners will not be able to keep their receivers in front and will give up some big passing plays. Yes, I believe MI is a run focused team, but they do have talent all over the field.

Regardless the outcome, I believe we will be more than competitive in the MAC.
09-14-2021 08:03 AM
Advertisement

Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(09-14-2021 08:03 AM)Splooie99 Wrote:  Can anything happen? Of course it can. Will it happen, I doubt it. The challenge NIU will face this week is much bigger and faster than the previous two teams. That being said, If this was next year and we had an entire years of experience under our belts, I would have a little better feeling about this one. But, youth brings two things. We are still making mistakes and our defense is suspect. Especially with the passing game. I also see a potential nightmare with MI's running game against our undersized ends.

So, when you look at it, this game has potential doom written all over it. I going to guess that we do not come out flat like we did last week and I expect we will be within 10-14 points at halftime. But, in the long run, I can easily see us losing this game by 21.

MI is not Wyoming. They will not tire as they have depth that is equal to our talent level.

But, if we can catch them sleeping and overlooking the Huskies, we can hang around for 3 quarters. Time will tell. If this team comes out and holds their own in the trenches, it could be an interesting game. I am afraid that our corners will not be able to keep their receivers in front and will give up some big passing plays. Yes, I believe MI is a run focused team, but they do have talent all over the field.

As we are currently 27 point dogs, losing by 21 might be welcome. Let's come out of this one as healthy as possbile---play as many kids as possible and create enough tape so that we can work on necessary things against Maine.

Great comeback this past weekend but let's remember we were down 26 to Wyoming.....26 against Michigan can turn in to 36 or 46 really quickly.

Totally agree with your take that Michigan's depth will keep them stronger all the way through (compared to Wyoming). Being at the game this past Saturday I was surprised, when really seeing it, how small (physically) our lines are---Wyoming's offensive line dwarfed our defensive unit. Sure it's going to be worse on Saturday.
09-14-2021 08:18 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

We were 28 point dogs against OSU in 2015 and almost pulled it out, 20-13.
I'm not for moral victories, but that was a heck of a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L9D2rp0mk8
09-14-2021 09:26 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

Outside of Kennedy(and R ends are typically the smallest linemen) NIUs d-line has good size. Wyoming didn’t have a D-line starter over 280. Both ends were 240. Our D-line was about 15lbs heavier per guy. Even Michigan, who is giant, has a starting right end who is only 240lbs. Toledo’s tackles are 290&265. WMUs ends are both 240 and their starting tackle is 280. D-lines are always quite a bit smaller than Olines. We have the two biggest ends maybe ever on the left. Our tackles who play are 299, 297, 296, 286, 273.

Against Michigan they will get worn down. Michigan is massive with tons of depth. But no one else on the schedule will be a “size” issue. If Wyoming was a size issue they wouldn’t have run for less yards in the second half than they did in the first. Especially trying to hold a lead.
09-14-2021 09:27 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(09-14-2021 08:18 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  
(09-14-2021 08:03 AM)Splooie99 Wrote:  Can anything happen? Of course it can. Will it happen, I doubt it. The challenge NIU will face this week is much bigger and faster than the previous two teams. That being said, If this was next year and we had an entire years of experience under our belts, I would have a little better feeling about this one. But, youth brings two things. We are still making mistakes and our defense is suspect. Especially with the passing game. I also see a potential nightmare with MI's running game against our undersized ends.

As we are currently 27 point dogs, losing by 21 might be welcome. Let's come out of this one as healthy as possbile---play as many kids as possible and create enough tape so that we can work on necessary things against Maine.

Great comeback this past weekend but let's remember we were down 26 to Wyoming.....26 against Michigan can turn in to 36 or 46 really quickly.

Totally agree with your take that Michigan's depth will keep them stronger all the way through (compared to Wyoming). Being at the game this past Saturday I was surprised, when really seeing it, how small (physically) our lines are---Wyoming's offensive line dwarfed our defensive unit. Sure it's going to be worse on Saturday.

Our O-line is not small. Maybe the D-line is a little undersized but the o-line averages about 310 and took care of GT pretty well.
09-14-2021 09:29 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Our run defense is no where good enough to pull off an upset of this magnitude. This game will be similar to the first 2-1/2 quarters of the the Wyoming game, except it will be for 4 quarters...
Michigan 48, NIU 6
09-14-2021 09:37 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

We need strength and experience to go with size. Right now these DL don't have that since they only had one full offseason. Wyoming started four seniors and one junior with size, strength, and experience on their OL and it showed.
09-14-2021 09:55 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-14-2021 09:55 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  We need strength and experience to go with size. Right now these DL don't have that since they only had one full offseason. Wyoming started four seniors and one junior with size, strength, and experience on their OL and it showed.

The line will be great next year. What I’m hoping is they are really good by mid season.
09-14-2021 10:38 AM
NIUHuskie4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU & WMU
Yeah Im with everyone else here for the most part. Heart is hoping for an upset. Mind is telling me UM is going to impose their will on this defense. I fully expect a blowout loss here.
09-14-2021 10:44 AM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Cox had a rough day at the office on Saturday. Number 51 was abusing him.
09-14-2021 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.