Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big XII Introductions.
Bookmark and Share
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Big XII Introductions.
Please introduce yourselves to your fellow Big XII members.

I’m GeminiCoog. You can call me either Gemini, Gem, GC, or GCoog. Just don’t call me late for dinner. lol

I’ve been a lifelong fan of the Coogs. In fact, I had dreams of playing college hoops for the University of Houston. (That didn’t happen, unfortunately.) Plus, my second cousin once removed, Maddux Miller, is on the baseball team. Furthermore, one of my relatives on my dad’s side, also with the surname Miller, played football under Bill Yeoman in the early and mid ‘80s. Lastly, my wife is a member of the Graduating Class of 2006 with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.

So step right on up and introduce yourselves, y’all!
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021 11:21 PM by GeminiCoog.)
09-07-2021 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Big XII Introductions.
I’m Westhoff, I’m an alcoholic… err uhh I mean I’m a lifelong coog. Have been to every home game since I was 4, so 26 years total now.

Both my parents graduated from UH. My dad has had season tickets for almost 45 years now.

And that’s pretty much it…

Sent from the Warp via the ruinous powers of Chaos!
09-07-2021 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
RE: Big XII Introductions.
Well anyone who likes The Who, Van Halen, and Rush can’t be all bad. 04-cheers

I’m BewareThePhog, KU grad from the Big 8 days, one generation removed from the B1G. I’ve been here for years although I definitely had a dry spell for a while. Not quite as engaged with sports as I used to be for work and family reasons although I do try to at least see my teams’ games. Welcome to all from what we’re expecting to be our new conference mates. It should be fun.
09-07-2021 07:13 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
uhmump95 fan of the Coogs since 1989.
09-07-2021 07:13 PM
Agust Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
I followed the coogs a year before they went to the big east. it was not intentional but by chance so i wasn't bandwagon'ing.
i never liked college football and thought it was for backwood towns with no NFL around but i kept hearing people talk about it and decided to start watching and seeing what the fuss was about.

now i watch mostly NCAAF and hardly watch the NFL. being the underdog got me hooked and i loved watching the intensity of the players. i also now watch the NCAAM instead of the NBA so thats about it. im along for the journey.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021 07:17 PM by Agust.)
09-07-2021 07:16 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Big XII Introductions.
I'm a D!Ck. Get used to it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
09-07-2021 08:06 PM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

Big XII Introductions.
(09-07-2021 08:06 PM)mlb Wrote:  I'm a D!Ck. Get used to it.

They do say you are what you eat.

09-07-2021 08:07 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-07-2021 08:07 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Banned!

09-07-2021 08:36 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

Big XII Introductions.
(09-07-2021 08:36 PM)mlb Wrote:  

Banned!

D!ck!!!

09-07-2021 08:37 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Big XII Introductions.
Lol. Well played sir!

09-07-2021 08:38 PM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
TCU fan here, have been following the frogs since 2000 when my family moved to Fort Worth from Norman, OK (I grew up going going to OU games as my family had season tickets). I am a TCU grad as well.

I went to UW-Madison for grad school so also support the Badgers, but secondary to TCU. I greatly enjoyed wearing TCU stuff around campus before and after the Frogs won the Rose Bowl during my 1st year in grad school.
09-07-2021 08:38 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
UCGrad1992 or 92 for short. Diehard fan of my alma mater. Very proud that our university has built a football program of sustained success up from one that was a shell of its current self when I attended UC back in the late 80's. Oh, we have a pretty good history in hoops and that carried our brand for many, many years. That's what has me so excited about the B12 - the quality and depth of the football and hoops programs. So grateful to be a part of it. I look forward to developing some new rivalries and producing some memorable moments. I think you'll find our fans, posters and AAC board mates coming with us are not a cocky, unreasonable bunch. [Well, there are a few exceptions LOL]. We've had to fight for everything and do more with less. That said, our programs are coming to compete at the highest level and we want to hit the ground running to enhance the league's regional and national interest. Wish it was sooner rather than later but it is happening and that's all that matters. Much respect to the current B12 members and their fans and alumni!
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021 09:03 PM by UCGrad1992.)
09-07-2021 09:02 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
goodknightfl old as mud, FSU fan as a TEEN got hooked on UCF when They were getting ready to turn Div 1 Football. Daughter is an UCF Graduate,
09-07-2021 10:52 PM
The Big O Offline
Special Teams

I'm The Big O (Oscar Robertson's nickname). I started following UC around 2006 when I really became interested in sports (I was 10-11), I didn't pick a great time considering how bad Mick Cronin's first year was. I vaguely followed UC football, but didn't really get into it until Brian Kelly's first year in 2007. Those three years were magical right up until he left us in the dust. Who knows what would have happened if the refs didn't put a second back on the clock for Texas. I didn't join here until 2017 when there was a lot of discussion around Wichita State joining the AAC. After Tuberville, I wasn't sure we'd ever get back to where we were in 2010, but Fickell has somehow eclipsed that with this year's team. Here's to hoping even higher highs are reached in the Big 12. 04-cheers
09-08-2021 07:58 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Many of you know me already from the AAC board, but I grew up in Cincinnati and became a Bearcats fan during the '92 Final Four run at the tender age of 6. Have stayed a UC fan despite attending 3 different colleges (even Ohio State, which is a dirty word in our fan base), none of which were UC. Also a Bengals, Reds, Blue Jackets, and Crew fan. I'm a drummer, which means I would be homeless if I didn't have a wife to take care of me. Basketball is my favorite sport to both watch and play (only made it to the bench-warming varsity level), but I also love football, golf, and tennis, as well as just about any kind of bar/game room game (especially billiards, darts, and table tennis). I first moved to Columbus, OH for undergrad in 2003, left for a bit, then came back for good in 2009. I will miss our old friends in the AAC, but also looking forward to the upgrade in cash, competition, and perception. I'm anticipating that the media and fans from other P5 conferences will sling a lot of arrows our way and accuse us of not being a power conference (just like what happened with the Big East despite often outperforming the ACC), and I'm already putting together a lengthy spreadsheet of data to prove our point -- did I mention I'm a huge nerd?
09-08-2021 08:47 AM
Huan Offline
1st String

I Root For: TTU, USA,
2 degrees from TTU and post grad works at South Alabama,
09-08-2021 09:13 AM
Advertisement

knightmite Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF

Kaboom. 03-lmfao
09-08-2021 09:14 AM
HAL 9100 Offline
Bench Warmer

You can call me Hal and I graduated from UCF in 2008. In 2004, that was my freshman year and also George O'Leary's first year at UCF. We went 0-11 while in the MAC with Brandon Marshall playing DB for us. Highlight of the year was our homecoming game against Ohio where we lost in overtime because Matt Prater missed an extra point. My senior year was the first year for the bounce house and it was clear from day 1 how much that was going to change things. It's just crazy to me to see much UCF has grown athletically since my freshman year(I know we grew plenty before that too) and I don't expect that to stop anytime soon. I moved to Colorado after graduating and haven't been back on campus since, unfortunately, but I have been able to attend both of the Fiesta Bowls. I'm really excited for UCF to be joining a conference that's closer to me so that I'll be able to attend some of the regular season games and also get to visit the campuses of the other schools in the conference.
09-08-2021 10:05 AM
OujoKnight Offline
Water Engineer

Hi, I’m OujoKnight formally known as Nestaknight1 on the AAC boards. Words can’t describe how happy I am to be here, on the revived message board of UCF’s new conference board. Charge on! Go Knights!
09-09-2021 05:45 AM
Rob3338 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uc

Thanks for the warning.
09-09-2021 06:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.