Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

* * * Official * * * Wyoming Pre-game & Game Discussion Including Predictions * * *
Bookmark and Share
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
* * * Official * * * Wyoming Pre-game & Game Discussion Including Predictions * * *
Let's Begin

Huskies 24
Cowboys 07
09-06-2021 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

StevenNIU Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: * * * Official * * * Wyoming Pre-game & Game Discussion Including Predictions * * *
NIU 35
Wyoming 21
09-06-2021 03:14 PM
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

RE: * * * Official * * * Wyoming Pre-game & Game Discussion Including Predictions * * *
I think we're a win ugly team.
28 Huskies
24 Pokes
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021 04:23 PM by numbersdontlie.)
09-06-2021 04:21 PM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

RE: * * * Official * * * Wyoming Pre-game & Game Discussion Including Predictions ...
(09-06-2021 04:21 PM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  I think we're a win ugly team.
28 Huskies
24 Pokes

I am ok with that as long as they win.
09-06-2021 04:29 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: * * * Official * * * Wyoming Pre-game & Game Discussion Including Predictions ...
Offense shines. Defense stays solid.

Huskies 38
Wyoming 24
09-06-2021 04:47 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
It worked last time so I'll do it again LOL

Wyoming 34
NIU 20
09-06-2021 04:57 PM
Advertisement

HawaiiToNIU Online
All American

If we can contain Chicago's Xazavian Valladay, we will win. Their QB can move, but he's oftenly injured and a limited passer. Go Huskies.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021 05:05 PM by HawaiiToNIU.)
09-06-2021 05:04 PM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

Huskies win, because I'm going to the game they wouldn't let be down (they did against BC, though)
09-06-2021 05:15 PM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

The Huskies rush for over 200 yards and have over 400 total yards. The defense gives up plenty of yards, but hold the Cowboys to field goals in the red zone.

NIU- 27
Wyo- 23
09-06-2021 05:26 PM
142niu Offline
Special Teams

Montana State was a solid FCS team. Ranked #12 in the pre-season poll. Just throwing that out there. They put up 321 yards of total offense on Wyoming. 200 yards from the air. I think our Huskies will put up plenty of points.

I really liked our defense on Saturday night. They tackled really well, D-line was disruptive, LB's were good as we expected and our DB's have improved. I think overall we are a solid squad. Wyoming will be well coached and they will be a great test for us. But they are far from World Beaters.

My Dogs 31

Cowgirls 17
09-06-2021 05:37 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Very excited for this game because I will be flying into Chicago for it. Haven't been back to a NIU game since we played Illinois State in 2019 home opener.
09-06-2021 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigChilla Offline
1st String

This unit is going to go down as one of the best Huskies Defenses of all time.

Lance had his best game as a Huskie. That guy was all over the place filling the proper gaps and shooting when he should, it was a thing of beauty. Dare I say he manned the middle vs GT better than I ever say Pugh do it.

The secondary with Rogers was different. The corners could actually cover. Gandy still lined up about 8 yards of his man but often closed the gap instead of getting run past.

Safety is probably brown/Hanson the rest of the way. Truth is brown is a better SS than he would ever dream of being at FS so this isn’t a HUGE drop (but it is a loss.)

This game will be a test for a young team. Won their first game, now they have to win a 2nd game against a below average team - but if you don’t put the same effort towards beating them as you did GT you will lose. This team isn’t so great that it can coast to wins.

Great test for Hammock. Does he pass?

I say yes

NIU - 31
Wyoming - 21
09-06-2021 05:49 PM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
GT made too many mistakes and left points on the field. Dropped passes and missed receivers meant GT should have scored more and then NIU would have had to pass more.

I'm thinking Wyoming is better and scores 28
But NIU gets 34 for the win.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
09-06-2021 09:00 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Atlanta JC article cited in the "Atlanta Journal article" thread (duh) that was posted by DieHardHuskie also says ...

"... Back at Northern Illinois, ticket sales were churning for Saturday’s home opener against Wyoming. Social-media was buzzing. The NIU athletics Twitter account registered 5.6 times the number of impressions Saturday through early Monday than it had the previous three days. The MAC West Division players of the week were all Huskies."

So I'll throw the ?? in here ... attendance guesses? How about just an over 15k, under 15k, tops 20k, sell-out ...

Oh, yeah ...
The Weather Channel predicts high 87, partly cloudy.
Accuweather says 87 and sunshine.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021 09:15 PM by pvk75.)
09-06-2021 09:02 PM
OswegoHuskie Offline
Water Engineer

Wyoming is a touchdown favorite. How does that make any sense?
09-06-2021 09:21 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Let’s hope for a big crowd.
09-06-2021 09:22 PM
Advertisement

Big Redd Offline
Special Teams

(09-06-2021 09:21 PM)OswegoHuskie Wrote:  Wyoming is a touchdown favorite. How does that make any sense?
That does sound like there’s going to be a big correction. Really wish I could bet on it. Home team gets 3 points so 10 point favorites on a neutral site??? Oh, and it’s an early game on a long road trip for a home opener. Hell no!!
09-06-2021 09:39 PM
BigChilla Offline
1st String

(09-06-2021 09:39 PM)Big Redd Wrote:  
(09-06-2021 09:21 PM)OswegoHuskie Wrote:  Wyoming is a touchdown favorite. How does that make any sense?
That does sound like there’s going to be a big correction. Really wish I could bet on it. Home team gets 3 points so 10 point favorites on a neutral site??? Oh, and it’s an early game on a long road trip for a home opener. Hell no!!

It’s machine driven. Machines don’t like “recent” data. They like robust past performances. Every year you will run in to lines that are way off early in the year - it’s because the machine data hasn’t adapted.
09-06-2021 09:43 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-06-2021 09:22 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Let’s hope for a big crowd.

Wish I could be there, but I’m recovering from surgery. (No, it’s not another sex change.). I’ll be watching from home. Have a few hot dogs for me, and make sure no one sits in my seats.
09-06-2021 09:45 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

It would be perfect to go into Ann Harbor with a 2-0 record. Huskies win 31-21. LFG!!!
09-06-2021 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.