Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Football Stadium Rankings (2021 version)
Bookmark and Share
WMSportsBlog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William & Mary
WHICH CAA FOOTBALL STADIUM IS THE BEST? We've created the DEFINITIVE (read: subjective) RANKINGS here!

Let us know what you think of the rankings & which stadiums you think should be ranked higher / lower.

As a random side note, both of the W&M Sports Blog brothers (Davey & Kyle) are now living in the Philadelphia area -- meaning we plan to soon see the Tribe play @ Villanova, @ Delaware, and perhaps @ Towson.

RANKINGS: https://wmsportsblog.com/2021/08/18/2021...-rankings/
08-18-2021 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
RE: CAA Football Stadium Rankings (2021 version)
Disagree on several of these. Unitas Stadium is fine and they consistently draw a majority of seats sold. Last time we played there the crowd was 8000+. Great tailgating on visitor side and great concessions and site lines. Albany's new side is nice but the visitor side is the worst. Metal bleacher with porta-johns behind and no concessions. Delaware's stadium is recently renovated and very nice. UR has really tight stairwells and inadequate restrooms.
08-18-2021 11:00 PM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
I buy tickets from Elon for games the Tribe and dukes play there, and they seem to be upping their game as far as concessions go. I got this e-mail from Elon yesterday:

"Come eat Oysters - Have a Beer - Bring a chair or blanket to spread out safely and comfortably.

Elon fans will have the opportunity to purchase an improved and upgraded selection of food from our concession stands this fall while also enjoying in-stadium beer sales for the first time. A Raw Bar will offer NC shrimp and Carolina gold oysters served roasted or on the half shell, while a Carolina Fish Fry Sandwich with cole slaw, fries and hushpuppies. Pit Beef sandwiches, Joyce Farms grilled chickens and San Giuseppe’s Italian sausage will also be available at the stadium."
08-19-2021 05:05 AM
Tribe32 Online
All American

I Root For: Tribe
A simple answer to better concessions is to have food trucks.
08-19-2021 05:56 AM
Advertisement

Tribal Online

Northeastern's stadium was the best ever.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
08-19-2021 08:22 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
(08-19-2021 08:22 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Northeastern's stadium was the best ever.

03-lol

Six of the 10 stadiums have a track, which is an eyesore and makes the field far away.

I'll admit the Zable renovations look very nice, but it's JMU, Elon, Albany, SB, UD and everyone else IMO.
08-19-2021 11:48 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

For me, there’s not a stadium in the CAA that has the surroundings of Zable, center of a beautiful campus, adjacent taverns, restaurants, etc. Numero uno. My only complaint today are the end zone seats. They should never have been removed.

Delaware as example might have an ok stadium in structure but you walk out into fields to your car. Just hope it hasn’t rained recently, otherwise take some galoshes.

I agree with someone else on Towson. That’s a very nice stadium and well suited for tailgating.

The whole track thing never bothered me.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2021 01:02 PM by Sitting bull.)
08-19-2021 01:00 PM
Advertisement

Tribe2011 Offline
2nd String

Villanova's stadium is impressive for being first constructed in 1927, but having all the charm of a place built as cheaply as possible in 1995.

Also, Blacksburg is a far, far better Burg than Harrisonburg.
08-19-2021 01:09 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(08-19-2021 11:48 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  

03-lol

Six of the 10 stadiums have a track, which is an eyesore and makes the field far away.

I'll admit the Zable renovations look very nice, but it's JMU, Elon, Albany, SB, UD and everyone else IMO.

Towson??? Track or not, that stadium is a cut above most of what you list above.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2021 01:15 PM by HyperDuke.)
08-19-2021 01:14 PM
Tribe1693 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe

And the locker rooms(s) was/were even better. Nothing like two separate floors in basically a townhouse.
08-19-2021 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

(08-19-2021 03:49 PM)Tribe1693 Wrote:  

And the locker rooms(s) was/were even better. Nothing like two separate floors in basically a townhouse.

03-lmfao Training table was on a sidewalk of city street outside that building. Second picture shows the building. First is the visitor side. Once had a conversation through the fence behind that side with a woman who was raking leaves in her back yard.

[img][Image: nVFMsPD.png][/img]

[img][Image: rfgoGPE.jpg][/img]
08-19-2021 04:51 PM
A Quest Called Tribe Online
2nd String

Appreciate the article and photos. Never realized how pretty Elon’s stadium was, it’s making me want to take a road trip. The value of a small stadium is that no seat is too far away from the field. I agree that removing the track maximizes this appeal.

What I like about Zable is the classic brick architecture and its location smack in the middle of campus. However its shallow embankment (and perhaps the presence of the track) hurts the sight lines. There is also, inexplicably, a hole where the best seats in the east grandstand should be. Would I pay to remove the track, sink the field, and fill in the missing seats if I could? Yes. That said, in its present condition, it has very good amenities and a certain undeniable charm.
08-19-2021 05:19 PM
Tribal Online

(08-19-2021 05:19 PM)A Quest Called Tribe Wrote:  Appreciate the article and photos. Never realized how pretty Elon’s stadium was, it’s making me want to take a road trip. The value of a small stadium is that no seat is too far away from the field. I agree that removing the track maximizes this appeal.

What I like about Zable is the classic brick architecture and its location smack in the middle of campus. However its shallow embankment (and perhaps the presence of the track) hurts the sight lines. There is also, inexplicably, a hole where the best seats in the east grandstand should be. Would I pay to remove the track, sink the field, and fill in the missing seats if I could? Yes. That said, in its present condition, it has very good amenities and a certain undeniable charm.
We've covered the reason for the cow tunnel a million times. Perhaps we'll host some rodeos to make up the $7mil required for phase one of Kaplan renovation.

08-19-2021 08:43 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Online
Heisman

Some of these stadiums are bad because they're old or cheaply constructed or both. But UR is really the only school I know that seemingly intentionally built such a terrible stadium. Every single seat is so far away from the field it's practically like watching on TV.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
08-20-2021 02:25 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

(08-19-2021 05:05 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  I buy tickets from Elon for games the Tribe and dukes play there, and they seem to be upping their game as far as concessions go. I got this e-mail from Elon yesterday:

"Come eat Oysters - Have a Beer - Bring a chair or blanket to spread out safely and comfortably.

Elon fans will have the opportunity to purchase an improved and upgraded selection of food from our concession stands this fall while also enjoying in-stadium beer sales for the first time. A Raw Bar will offer NC shrimp and Carolina gold oysters served roasted or on the half shell, while a Carolina Fish Fry Sandwich with cole slaw, fries and hushpuppies. Pit Beef sandwiches, Joyce Farms grilled chickens and San Giuseppe’s Italian sausage will also be available at the stadium."

I'm not sure I want to eat Oysters from a truck at a football game.

But I agree food trucks are a great solution to add more dining, I think we've had a few at Zable as well. Works well for soccer too, since that stadium doesn't have a concession stand.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021 04:18 PM by TDenverFan.)
08-20-2021 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.