Women’s Golf New Head Coach
08-13-2021 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
RE: Women’s Golf New Head Coach
Women's finished 7th and 11th in their first two events this year. Both events had 16 teams. I hope I am wrong, but this had the feeling of being a down year.
09-30-2021 12:09 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-30-2021 12:09 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Women's finished 7th and 11th in their first two events this year. Both events had 16 teams. I hope I am wrong, but this had the feeling of being a down year.

They only have 6 players on the roster. Only 1 freshman so something wasn’t right with recruiting. Its sounds like having no coach and having players transfer out means starting over. Too bad.
09-30-2021 01:40 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(09-30-2021 01:40 PM)burden Wrote:  
(09-30-2021 12:09 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Women's finished 7th and 11th in their first two events this year. Both events had 16 teams. I hope I am wrong, but this had the feeling of being a down year.

They only have 6 players on the roster. Only 1 freshman so something wasn’t right with recruiting. Its sounds like having no coach and having players transfer out means starting over. Too bad.
Hoping tradition didn’t graduate here too…07-coffee3
09-30-2021 07:25 PM
Advertisement

Albert Flasher Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State
(09-30-2021 07:25 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

Or worse yet, enter the transfer portal.
09-30-2021 08:22 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(09-30-2021 08:22 PM)Albert Flasher Wrote:  
(09-30-2021 07:25 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

Or worse yet, enter the transfer portal.
Good point. Losing talent to the portal sucks when you have depth, but when you don’t backfill properly and then lose it can be devastating. Also, a lot of programs have gotten as much out of or more from the portal than they’ve lost. You have to have the staff on board to embrace it and hit it like free agency to quickly plug holes. Coach Lewis and his staff are good examples of that, they’ve gone all over the map to try and plug holes; the results are hit and miss but better than not utilizing it and just taking the hits to depth.
10-01-2021 06:54 AM
GoFlashes8 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
The new coach was hired on August 13th, so way too late in the summer to really bring in new recruits. Caley McGinty, whose is 1 of the top players in the country, transferring to Oklahoma State to play for Robertson really hurts this years team. A girl named Cameron Nielson who was a freshman last year @ Kent State, from Switzerland, transferred to Kennesaw State.

Nielsen and Kirkwood graduated last years team, so nothing the new coach could do about those 2.

Emily Price was DQ’d in her 2nd round of the last tournament (not sure why).

Price and Gu have a lot of talent, but they need Salort and Albertazzi to step it up.

2 more fall tournaments to go, starting next Monday and then the following week, so it will be interesting to see what kind of #s they put up after a few weeks of just practice.

His 1st recruiting class will really determine if this program can stay where it’s been or not. Salort is the only Senior on this years team.
10-06-2021 08:39 AM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
Flashes finished T6 in 15 team field at Illini. Emily Price took home the medalist honors with a -10.

All teams were P5 minus ranked San Jose St and the Flashes.

I am hopeful they can add a 7th golfer (hopefully for spring) As a former cross country runner, I know the non scoring participants still add value to the team and can help push the other players in healthy ways

https://kentstatesports.com/news/2021/10...ional.aspx
10-12-2021 07:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.