Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If I was Notre Dame
Bookmark and Share
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
If I was Notre Dame
I would join the Big12 as a middle finger to ESPN and the other S4 conferences for forcing me to join a conference and play their game.

Could Notre Dame and BYU/Boise, Cincy, and Houston replace Texas and OU? It'd be close. The Big12 could use the windfall coming from Texas and OU exit fees to entice Notre Dame and without Texas or OU they could expect to win the conference most years, always get in playoffs and be on fairly equal basketball terms. All the other Big12 teams could then stay, messing up the whole reshuffle deal. And there would still be a few slots open in the AAC that we could squabble over.

That would be fun to watch unfold. I think that would be the only way to stop all this in it tracks and weather the loss of Texas and OU.
07-26-2021 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
RE: If I was Notre Dame
If I were Notre Dame...I would say I am still more important than the NCAA and they need us more than we need them.
07-26-2021 12:51 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Notre Dame signed an agreement that if they join a conference it has to be the ACC didnt they?
07-26-2021 01:04 PM
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
(07-26-2021 12:32 PM)MUther Wrote:  I would join the Big12 as a middle finger to ESPN and the other S4 conferences for forcing me to join a conference and play their game.

Could Notre Dame and BYU/Boise, Cincy, and Houston replace Texas and OU? It'd be close. The Big12 could use the windfall coming from Texas and OU exit fees to entice Notre Dame and without Texas or OU they could expect to win the conference most years, always get in playoffs and be on fairly equal basketball terms. All the other Big12 teams could then stay, messing up the whole reshuffle deal. And there would still be a few slots open in the AAC that we could squabble over.

That would be fun to watch unfold. I think that would be the only way to stop all this in it tracks and weather the loss of Texas and OU.

and be sued into oblivion by the Atlantic Coast Conference for breaching the contract binding Notre Dame football to the ACC through 2037. If the Irish are going anywhere it's east.
07-26-2021 01:05 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(07-26-2021 01:04 PM)monarx Wrote:  Notre Dame signed an agreement that if they join a conference it has to be the ACC didnt they?

Yes, that is part of the ACC’s GOR.
07-26-2021 01:16 PM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(07-26-2021 01:05 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(07-26-2021 12:32 PM)MUther Wrote:  I would join the Big12 as a middle finger to ESPN and the other S4 conferences for forcing me to join a conference and play their game.

and be sued into oblivion by the Atlantic Coast Conference for breaching the contract binding Notre Dame football to the ACC through 2037. If the Irish are going anywhere it's east.

Everybody making any move in this is breaking contracts or paying their way out. Sued into oblivion doesn't mean paying into oblivion. It's why I mentioned the payouts from OU and Texas would be used to entice them. It's not going to happen anyway. But it would be glorious.
07-26-2021 01:18 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
Why would Notre Dame risk getting sued to join a B12 without Texas and Oklahoma. How would that be a middle finger to ESPN exactly? How does the SEC getting stronger impact Notre Dame in any way? If the 12 team playoff comes to pass, why would Notre Dame ever join a conference as long as a league as good or better than the Big East take their other sports?
07-26-2021 04:51 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says we must increase the academic standards in cusa.

"If i were Notre Dame" is proper.
07-26-2021 05:29 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(07-26-2021 04:51 PM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  Why would Notre Dame risk getting sued to join a B12 without Texas and Oklahoma. How would that be a middle finger to ESPN exactly? How does the SEC getting stronger impact Notre Dame in any way? If the 12 team playoff comes to pass, why would Notre Dame ever join a conference as long as a league as good or better than the Big East take their other sports?

That's the part about ESPN. ESPN is behind this super league stuff. They aren't going to let Notre Dame participate in their playoffs if they aren't in one of those conferences. The NCAA has no power in any of this and they can do it without them. It's all driven by the Mouse. Notre Dame is the only school that could maybe foil their plans if Texas and OU leave. Notre Dame has had complete autonomy forever. ACC ties aside. And now they are going to have to join the fold or be left out. And so is the case with the remaining Big12, now. It's just something I was thinking about. How this could be stopped or limited. I don't know if it can be. Just thinking about it. I didn't say Notre Dame would do this. I said if I were Notre Dame...

I think people still don't understand that those 4 leagues and the playoffs will be exclusive to those teams in their own league. It's coming. The rest of us will have to form our own division. It may not be tomorrow, but it is going to happen. I guess being a fan of Rutgers you don't have to think about how to stop this from happening again. The rest of us are concerned about the future of our schools.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021 05:48 PM by MUther.)
07-26-2021 05:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.