Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OK Alone?
Bookmark and Share
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
OK Alone?
Texas and OK to the SEC sounds like a done deal, but mhver3, who admittedly is only a bit more believable than the Dude of WV suggests that Texas could back out in favor of the unequal revenue sharing model.

That model would give Texas 1.5 shares which equal about $56 million plus the LHN for a total of $71 million. Financial it makes sense.

Mhver3 suggests that and the political issues with a&m could stop them.

Again, let me be clear, I don't believe this at all.

But, if he is right, then OK is coming with or without Texas.

Which would still be huge for the SEC, just not as huge.

That being said, in that scenario, does the SEC take OK State? Do they take Kansas? Do they hold at 15?
07-25-2021 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: OK Alone?
(07-25-2021 04:17 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Texas and OK to the SEC sounds like a done deal, but mhver3, who admittedly is only a bit more believable than the Dude of WV suggests that Texas could back out in favor of the unequal revenue sharing model.

That model would give Texas 1.5 shares which equal about $56 million plus the LHN for a total of $71 million. Financial it makes sense.

That being said, in that scenario, does the SEC take OK State? Do they take Kansas? Do they hold at 15?

Trust Sankey and ESPN

MHver3 hadn't made money off of BS fiction since 2012. IMO he, the Dude, and Fluguar are a cottage industry running on click bait. I visit OU and read Texas boards and those people are pumped. The rest is B12 and B10 schadenfreude and click hounds.

If the Houston Chronicle runs another story I'll listen, but citing trailor park trash as a source needs to stop. UT and OU are supposed to notify the Big 12 office tomorrow and the SEC may have some acknowledgement late morning.

The PAC 12 and Big 10 are backdooring last minute offers but these negotiations have been going on since December '19 and January '20 when ESPN was working our contract. So I'm content not to subsidize these ass clowns anymore and simply to watch the ESPN crawler since they have a vested interest. Besides Texas is obligated until 2031 to ESPN. If not the SEC or ACC they aren't going anywhere.

So relax, enjoy a cup of coffee watch the replay of NBA kneelers losing to the French!
07-25-2021 06:40 PM
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

(07-25-2021 06:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-25-2021 04:17 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Texas and OK to the SEC sounds like a done deal, but mhver3, who admittedly is only a bit more believable than the Dude of WV suggests that Texas could back out in favor of the unequal revenue sharing model.

Trust Sankey and ESPN

MHver3 hadn't made money off of BS fiction since 2012. IMO he, the Dude, and Fluguar are a cottage industry running on click bait. I visit OU and read Texas boards and those people are pumped. The rest is B12 and B10 schadenfreude and click hounds.

If the Houston Chronicle runs another story I'll listen, but citing trailor park trash as a source needs to stop. UT and OU are supposed to notify the Big 12 office tomorrow and the SEC may have some acknowledgement late morning.

The PAC 12 and Big 10 are backdooring last minute offers but these negotiations have been going on since December '19 and January '20 when ESPN was working our contract. So I'm content not to subsidize these ass clowns anymore and simply to watch the ESPN crawler since they have a vested interest. Besides Texas is obligated until 2031 to ESPN. If not the SEC or ACC they aren't going anywhere.

So relax, enjoy a cup of coffee watch the replay of NBA kneelers losing to the French!

Only thing I would say to this is didn't ESPN have Clemson/FSU to the SEc in their crawler?

I get that mhver3's Twitter post isn't worth anything.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2021 06:43 PM by Soobahk40050.)
07-25-2021 06:43 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-25-2021 06:43 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  

Trust Sankey and ESPN

Only thing I would say to this is didn't ESPN have Clemson/FSU to the SEc in their crawler?

Did you know the story behind that crawler incident?

In the 2010-2 cycle of realignment the SEC and ACC were both supposed to move to 16 members. The SECN was to open in the Fall in the following season and the ACCN was going to open the next year.

If you will recall there was a big push by John Pennington known as Mr. SEC and Clay Travis who was just a blogger at the time to sell SEC fans on the idea of adding N.C. State and Virginia Tech. They talked about new markets and how the population of Virginia and North Carolina would add so much revenue for the SECN.

And then there was DeLoss Dodds talking about Texas looking East.

Well it turns out Texas A&M was in the works and ESPN was pushing Missouri on the SEC because we were interested in OU and they were supposedly interested in us. So we started working on Missouri. Why?

We were supposed to get N.C. State and Virginia Tech and move to 16.

The ACC was supposed to get Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Notre Dame, at least that is what I was told.

Maryland had not yet replied to B10 overtures.

Late in the game it was said that UNC/UVa/Duke/WF got cold feet. If Texas came in they figured that FSU and Clemson and Ga Tech would side with football first UT and OU and that BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Miami might vote with ND and since ND and UT were chummy they figured they would lose control of the ACC so they nixed the deal. A&M had accepted so Boren came to the SEC but wanted OSU in as well. We had A&M and ESPN was now down to just backing 2 since the deal was off so with the renegotiation clause in place we couldn't take OSU with OU even if we wanted to.
Missouri was in and they are fine so no problem there.

But once the ACC people found out they weren't getting an ACCN and that the huge pay increase from in incoming foursome wasn't materializing they pitched a fit. Maryland called the B10 because they were in financial issues and bang the panic started. Before our presidents even voted on A&M and Missouri we had UF's and SC's president pushing for Clemson and FSU because as things expanded they were afraid they might lose their donation game. So when the deal fell apart and Slive was pissed because we needed more content and had been promised more markets for the opening of the SECN he called ESPN and let 'er rip. ESPN gave approval allegedly to move on Clemson and FSU. So we did. I have a guy I know from another board whose uncle was an ACC football ref who came over and said it was over for the ACC that he had been told Clemson and FSU were headed to the SEC. A few nights later the crawler ran. Within 3 days approval from ESPN to make the move was supposedly rescinded. It seems ND had agreed to join partially but not if Clemson and FSU were gone. So ESPN was said to have offered the SEC full carriage for the launch of the SECN which they did honor in exchange for dropping the FSU/Clemson move. We did. But ever since they have worked more closely with us. GOR's went into effect in the B12 and then the ACC to hold what ESPN wanted in place.

Now we are getting UT and OU and I don't think ESPN will let anything screw this up. They've spent oodles fully waiting on Texas and FOX dropped the B12 CCG pissing off both OU and UT. FOX sold off the RSN carrying the Sooner Network, and the PAC just can't pay them or account for travel for non revenue sports and the B1G doesn't offer quality baseball or softball and sometimes weather delays the start of the seasons and again travel is too far for non revenue sports and then the capper for OU was the B10's handling of COVID when they started out canceling the football season.

So they either stay the course in a small conference with no upside or they join us. I seriously doubt they want to lock in at a deficit. But if they do we're still fine.
07-25-2021 07:29 PM
Advertisement

Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

(07-25-2021 07:29 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Trust Sankey and ESPN

In the 2010-2 cycle of realignment the SEC and ACC were both supposed to move to 16 members. The SECN was to open in the Fall in the following season and the ACCN was going to open the next year.

If you will recall there was a big push by John Pennington known as Mr. SEC and Clay Travis who was just a blogger at the time to sell SEC fans on the idea of adding N.C. State and Virginia Tech. They talked about new markets and how the population of Virginia and North Carolina would add so much revenue for the SECN.

Well it turns out Texas A&M was in the works and ESPN was pushing Missouri on the SEC because we were interested in OU and they were supposedly interested in us. So we started working on Missouri. Why?

The ACC was supposed to get Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Notre Dame, at least that is what I was told.

Late in the game it was said that UNC/UVa/Duke/WF got cold feet. If Texas came in they figured that FSU and Clemson and Ga Tech would side with football first UT and OU and that BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Miami might vote with ND and since ND and UT were chummy they figured they would lose control of the ACC so they nixed the deal. A&M had accepted so Boren came to the SEC but wanted OSU in as well. We had A&M and ESPN was now down to just backing 2 since the deal was off so with the renegotiation clause in place we couldn't take OSU with OU even if we wanted to.

But once the ACC people found out they weren't getting an ACCN and that the huge pay increase from in incoming foursome wasn't materializing they pitched a fit. Maryland called the B10 because they were in financial issues and bang the panic started. Before our presidents even voted on A&M and Missouri we had UF's and SC's president pushing for Clemson and FSU because as things expanded they were afraid they might lose their donation game. So when the deal fell apart and Slive was pissed because we needed more content and had been promised more markets for the opening of the SECN he called ESPN and let 'er rip. ESPN gave approval allegedly to move on Clemson and FSU. So we did. I have a guy I know from another board whose uncle was an ACC football ref who came over and said it was over for the ACC that he had been told Clemson and FSU were headed to the SEC. A few nights later the crawler ran. Within 3 days approval from ESPN to make the move was supposedly rescinded. It seems ND had agreed to join partially but not if Clemson and FSU were gone. So ESPN was said to have offered the SEC full carriage for the launch of the SECN which they did honor in exchange for dropping the FSU/Clemson move. We did. But ever since they have worked more closely with us. GOR's went into effect in the B12 and then the ACC to hold what ESPN wanted in place.

Now we are getting UT and OU and I don't think ESPN will let anything screw this up. They've spent oodles fully waiting on Texas and FOX dropped the B12 CCG pissing off both OU and UT. FOX sold off the RSN carrying the Sooner Network, and the PAC just can't pay them or account for travel for non revenue sports and the B1G doesn't offer quality baseball or softball and sometimes weather delays the start of the seasons and again travel is too far for non revenue sports and then the capper for OU was the B10's handling of COVID when they started out canceling the football season.

So they either stay the course in a small conference with no upside or they join us. I seriously doubt they want to lock in at a deficit. But if they do we're still fine.

I've heard at least the first part of that story before, i.e that the ACC was going to get Texas, OK, Kansas, and ND and that fell apart along with us getting A&M, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Missouri.

Don't know that I heard about Slive ripping ESPN and FSU/Clemson being consolation prizes.

Based on this, I wonder if Kansas/ND to the ACC is more likely than Kansas to the Big 10.

Then Kansas-Missouri is another SeC-ACC rivalry.
07-25-2021 08:16 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-25-2021 08:16 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  

Trust Sankey and ESPN

I've heard at least the first part of that story before, i.e that the ACC was going to get Texas, OK, Kansas, and ND and that fell apart along with us getting A&M, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Missouri.

Don't know that I heard about Slive ripping ESPN and FSU/Clemson being consolation prizes.

Based on this, I wonder if Kansas/ND to the ACC is more likely than Kansas to the Big 10.

Kansas is interesting to me. These basketball schools could be worth quite a bit if the NCAA is moved out of the way. They bank 80 million a year off of the tourney that endows the spread of their bureaucracy. TV paid 1.1 billion for the NCAA tourney and they paid out 122 credits at 2.5 million a credit. So 305 million was paid out. They take 80 million for The endowment. So they are telling us running all of the other Tournaments and oversight consumes 795 million?????

So basketball can go from being worth 20% of football to maybe 60% of football half at worst.

So I would consider Kansas for us if we pick up an ACC school.

I just see no way the ACC makes up getting more than doubled in revenue. Not even ND all in and Kansas can cover it. In fact Domes I've talked to today act like they are shopping. What would you think of Kansas and ND to 18?
07-25-2021 08:39 PM
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

(07-25-2021 08:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-25-2021 06:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Trust Sankey and ESPN

Kansas is interesting to me. These basketball schools could be worth quite a bit if the NCAA is moved out of the way. They bank 80 million a year off of the tourney that endows the spread of their bureaucracy. TV paid 1.1 billion for the NCAA tourney and they paid out 122 credits at 2.5 million a credit. So 305 million was paid out. They take 80 million for The endowment. So they are telling us running all of the other Tournaments and oversight consumes 795 million?????

So basketball can go from being worth 20% of football to maybe 60% of football half at worst.

I just see no way the ACC makes up getting more than doubled in revenue. Not even ND all in and Kansas can cover it. In fact Domes I've talked to today act like they are shopping. What would you think of Kansas and ND to 18?

Obviously that would be a huge get for the SEC, but it would also change what the SEC was identity wise. I'd almost say culture wise we'd be more like BYU than ND.

But those two would be a great get for sure. But that would also push FSU/CLemson/Virginia school/NC school to 19-22. I guess at that point you take Louisville and ? Maybe GT and have your solid 24 team conference?

I say that knowing that if Kansas and ND came to get to 18, no other school would be valuable enough, even UNC.
07-25-2021 10:24 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-25-2021 10:24 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  
(07-25-2021 08:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-25-2021 06:43 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Only thing I would say to this is didn't ESPN have Clemson/FSU to the SEc in their crawler?

Obviously that would be a huge get for the SEC, but it would also change what the SEC was identity wise. I'd almost say culture wise we'd be more like BYU than ND.

But those two would be a great get for sure. But that would also push FSU/CLemson/Virginia school/NC school to 19-22. I guess at that point you take Louisville and ? Maybe GT and have your solid 24 team conference?

I say that knowing that if Kansas and ND came to get to 18, no other school would be valuable enough, even UNC.

Nope just UNC and UVa. Notre Dame isn't a culture changer as they are truly unique. Kansas is needed by Missouri. I've spent time with their fans when they come to Auburn. They are great people who haven't gotten used to Southern Tailgating and feel like a stranger at the party. Oklahoma will help them a lot. But, Kansas will make the new West seem more like family and that will keep them engaged until they feel like family everywhere. I'll take BYU as a descriptor if we all go on missions. But don't tell Saban he'll use it as another form of redshirting!
07-25-2021 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.