Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Choose your own ideal conference game
Bookmark and Share
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
Choose your own ideal conference game
SCENARIO: Big 12 left with the following....

WVU
TCU
Iowa State
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Oklahoma State

They ADD the following schools to patch a dying ship.
BYU
Boise State
Houston
Cincinnati

Giving the new Big 12 this lineup.
WVU
TCU
Iowa State
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Oklahoma State
BYU
Boise State
Houston
Cincinnati
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 05:42 PM by rileylives.)
07-22-2021 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

RE: Choose your own ideal conference game
Now, given that scenario, give me YOUR ideal 12 team conference from the following remaining schools

CUSA:
ODU
UAB
FAU
FIU
Marshall
Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Southern Miss
UNT
La Tech
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

AAC:
UCF
USF
ECU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy
Temple
Memphis
SMU

MAC:
Akron
Bowling Green
Miami OH
Ohio
Buffalo
Kent State
Ball State
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois
Toledo

Sun Belt:
Appalachian State
Arkansas State
Coastal Carolina
Georgia Southern
Georgia State
Troy
Louisiana
Louisiana Monroe
South Alabama
Texas State

Mountain West:
Utah State
Hawaii
San Jose State
Nevada
UNLV
Wyoming
Colorado State
Fresno State
New Mexico
Air Force
San Diego State

Indy:
Army
Liberty
JMU
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 07:47 PM by rileylives.)
07-22-2021 05:42 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
It's not a valid game. It's not going to happen that way. Big 12 will take what it wants. Then the AAC will take what it wants, MWC, then we will try to backfill as we will lose some, depending on how may we lose and how many we want to stay at. But there won't be any to backfill with, as the SB will stand pat and so will the MAC. It would be a great time for the SB to add a couple and I can see that happening.

But 12 teams getting together from what's left of the entire G5 is not even in the realm of possibility. The only possibility is one conference gets the fate of the WAC and I believe that will be CUSA, with the worst TV deal, no future, and nothing to prevent any team that gets the chance to leave from doing so. The only game here is who moves up and who gets obliterated. **** rolls downhill and we are at the bottom. We will be poached but we are not capable of poaching anyone else.

I expect a few B12 teams will be begging out of what's left of the B12 as well. If that happens then it will become the new AAC being on the border of being a P5 conference and eventually losing that status. There will be a P4 and then all the rest. And once that happens nobody outside of that P4 will get squat and they'll likely not even be part of the NCAA anymore. They don't need them and they don't need their rules. The only barrier to this occurring is the loss of tax exempt status. Those top P4 conferences will no longer be able to pretend they are non-profit.

The only question is who is left with a viable conference and who will be unable to survive as an FBS school anymore. The answer is everyone's future is fine except those of CUSA schools. Some will be ok and some will not. But the landscape will be greatly changed and we may all not even be in the same division any longer.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 06:10 PM by MUther.)
07-22-2021 06:05 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(07-22-2021 06:05 PM)MUther Wrote:  It's not a valid game. It's not going to happen that way. Big 12 will take what it wants. Then the AAC will take what it wants, MWC, then we will try to backfill as we will lose some, depending on how may we lose and how many we want to stay at. But there won't be any to backfill with, as the SB will stand pat and so will the MAC. It would be a great time for the SB to add a couple and I can see that happening.

But 12 teams getting together from what's left of the entire G5 is not even in the realm of possibility. The only possibility is one conference gets the fate of the WAC and I believe that will be CUSA, with the worst TV deal, no future, and nothing to prevent any team that gets the chance to leave from doing so. The only game here is who moves up and who gets obliterated. **** rolls downhill and we are at the bottom. We will be poached but we are not capable of poaching anyone else.

I expect a few B12 teams will be begging out of what's left of the B12 as well. If that happens then it will become the new AAC being on the border of being a P5 conference and eventually losing that status. There will be a P4 and then all the rest. And once that happens nobody outside of that P4 will get squat and they'll likely not even be part of the NCAA anymore. They don't need them and they don't need their rules. The only barrier to this occurring is the loss of tax exempt status. Those top P4 conferences will no longer be able to pretend they are non-profit.

It's not meant to be reality.

It's meant to set up your ideal configuration, that is all.

It's just mid July fun.
07-22-2021 06:07 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(07-22-2021 06:07 PM)rileylives Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 06:05 PM)MUther Wrote:  It's not a valid game. It's not going to happen that way. Big 12 will take what it wants. Then the AAC will take what it wants, MWC, then we will try to backfill as we will lose some, depending on how may we lose and how many we want to stay at. But there won't be any to backfill with, as the SB will stand pat and so will the MAC. It would be a great time for the SB to add a couple and I can see that happening.

It's not meant to be reality.

It's meant to set up your ideal configuration, that is all.

It's just mid July fun.

I get that, but some basis in reality make it more interesting. This is like asking if we can include the Patriots in our next conference. I'm more interested to see what people think CUSA will look like when all the dust settles. Who left for where etc?
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 06:41 PM by MUther.)
07-22-2021 06:39 PM
Fear The Beak 2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
Big 12 will die. I’d like to see remaining Texas schools ban together.

UTSA
UTEP
Texas State
Rice
Baylor
Houston
SMU
TCU
UNT
Texas Tech

Lots of drivable games. Lots of Texas rivalries. And crowds would be much better when playing other Texas Teams vs little-known schools (from Texans point-of-view) from the east coast.
07-22-2021 06:53 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(07-22-2021 06:53 PM)Fear The Beak 2 Wrote:  Big 12 will die. I’d like to see remaining Texas schools ban together.

UTSA
UTEP
Texas State
Rice
Baylor
Houston
SMU
TCU
UNT
Texas Tech

Lots of drivable games. Lots of Texas rivalries. And crowds would be much better when playing other Texas Teams vs little-known schools (from Texans point-of-view) from the east coast.

A Texas conference would be interesting.

However, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston and TCU would not be available.

How would you then construct a conference?
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 06:57 PM by rileylives.)
07-22-2021 06:57 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Online
Hall of Famer

The only question is who is left with a viable conference and who will be unable to survive as an FBS school anymore. The answer is everyone's future is fine except those of CUSA schools. Some will be ok and some will not. But the landscape will be greatly changed and we may all not even be in the same division any longer.

I do think the AAC will pick the best from CUSA and SBC not sure moving to AAC will be worth it for CUSA members but I doubt anyone that gets the invite will turn it down. If for some reason Big12 doesn't survive, I could see WVU having only one option but AAC.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 07:02 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
07-22-2021 07:00 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-22-2021 07:00 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  I do think the AAC will pick the best from CUSA and SBC not sure moving to AAC will be worth it for CUSA members but I doubt anyone that gets the invite will turn it down. If for some reason Big12 doesn't survive, I could see WVU having only one option but AAC.

I know a WVU fan, he goes to all the football games, two daughters grad from there but this WVU fan is realistic in ever since of the word. He knows unless ESPN finally tells the ACC to take WVU they are never getting in. He is one of the few that thought the B12 was a joke for WVU but realized that it saved them but for only a few years, probably. He has told me that most likely when realignment comes again that WVU and a few other schools will probably left out. One of the most honest and realistic guys I know that root for the Black Hole in Morgantown.

I hope WVU does get left out for two reasons. 1)They can no longer run and hide by saying its not worth it to play Marshall and 2)To shut them up telling us that they are self sufficient. I laugh at that every time I see it. There isn't but maybe 8-12 schools that can say that and mean it. WVWho isn't one.
07-22-2021 07:33 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Drop UNCC, ODU, UTEP, Rice, and UTSA.

Add ULL, Ark State, App State, Troy, and Coastal or South Alabama. That's my ideal conference.
07-22-2021 07:40 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(07-22-2021 07:40 PM)TTT Wrote:  Drop UNCC, ODU, UTEP, Rice, and UTSA.

Add ULL, Ark State, App State, Troy, and Coastal or South Alabama. That's my ideal conference.

Dude, you just need to be in the Sunbelt.
07-22-2021 07:42 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

My conference based on this set up. One example.

Marshall
ECU
UCF
Memphis
Southern Miss
App State
La Tech
Louisiana
Coastal Carolina
Liberty
Army
Navy

North Division
Army
Navy
Liberty
App State
Marshall
ECU

South Division
UCF
Southern Miss
La Tech
Louisiana
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
07-22-2021 07:44 PM
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
(07-22-2021 06:05 PM)MUther Wrote:  Sh¡t rolls downhill and we are at the bottom.
That could be C-USA’s slogan.

Once the league is formally dissolved (next 10 years or so), change “are” to “were” and it could be C-USA’s epitaph.
07-22-2021 07:48 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

Here's my ideal 14-team conference, when picked from the leftover choices list:

UAB
Marshall
WKU
Southern Miss
UNT
LA Tech
Rice
UCF
ECU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy
Memphis
SMU

This is actually a very realistic conference. Neither the MWC schools or the MAC schools are going to leave their comfortable geography to join a new conference in the Southeast U.S.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 07:59 PM by HogDawg.)
07-22-2021 07:54 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-22-2021 07:54 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  Here's my ideal 14-team conference, when picked from the leftover choices list:

UAB
Marshall
WKU
Southern Miss
UNT
LA Tech
Rice
UCF
ECU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy
Memphis
SMU

This is actually a very realistic conference. Neither the MWC schools or the MAC schools are going to leave their comfortable geography to join a new conference in the Southeast U.S.

I like that conference.

I would trade USF for Tulsa. Tulsa athletics has been in the red, cutting sports, little fan support, not to mention their teams have been historically really bad
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 08:08 PM by Dawgxas.)
07-22-2021 08:07 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

(07-22-2021 08:07 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 07:54 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  Here's my ideal 14-team conference, when picked from the leftover choices list:

UAB
Marshall
WKU
Southern Miss
UNT
LA Tech
Rice
UCF
ECU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy
Memphis
SMU

I like that conference.

I would trade USF for Tulsa. Tulsa athletics has been in the red, cutting sports, little fan support, not to mention their teams have been historically really bad

Yeah but, we have had a real good rivalry with Tulsa. Remember those fights on the field in the 1990's? LOL! 03-lmfao

Also, Tulsa is a private school with better academics than USF, and is a better basketball school than USF. Well, at least they use to be. I don't really know much about USF, except that they are just another newbie commuter school.
07-22-2021 08:12 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

Interesting. I always had the wrong impression on La Tech vs Louisiana.

So it's safe to say....would most La Tech fans rather have UAB over Louisiana?
07-22-2021 08:32 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(07-22-2021 06:53 PM)Fear The Beak 2 Wrote:  Big 12 will die. I’d like to see remaining Texas schools ban together.

UTSA
UTEP
Texas State
Rice
Baylor
Houston
SMU
TCU
UNT
Texas Tech

I don't think the Big 12 will die. The 8 will remain together to collect the huge exit fees Texas and OU will have to pay.
07-22-2021 08:37 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-22-2021 08:32 PM)rileylives Wrote:  Interesting. I always had the wrong impression on La Tech vs Louisiana.

So it's safe to say....would most La Tech fans rather have UAB over Louisiana?

If CUSA had to backfill after losing UTEP, I wouldn’t mind calling up ULL.

But if the G5 reorganized Lafayette will get left behind in the Sunbelt
07-22-2021 08:41 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
(07-22-2021 07:42 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 07:40 PM)TTT Wrote:  Drop UNCC, ODU, UTEP, Rice, and UTSA.

Dude, you just need to be in the Sunbelt.

Y'all coming or what?
07-22-2021 08:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.