Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Sports Madness rank top 144
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
College Sports Madness rank top 144
Will be interesting to follow along to see if we crack the list because of last years run. JMU came in at 132. Have to figure NU will be on here somewhere. If the CAA can get 3 (or more) teams here that would be a good sign moving forward. I suspect only NU will make this list in the 115-120 range, but we shall see

Link
07-02-2021 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

RE: College Sports Madness rank top 144
Nothing instills confidence in a website's predictions for 2022 like seeing links for their 2013 CFB Bowl predictions and who they think will make the 2014 Big Dance.
07-05-2021 10:19 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2021 10:19 AM)DrachenFire Wrote:  Nothing instills confidence in a website's predictions for 2022 like seeing links for their 2013 CFB Bowl predictions and who they think will make the 2014 Big Dance.
03-lmfao

I agree wholeheartedly, though clicking links it seems like they have at least done their homework on each team for this prediction. Not sure why anyone would click the links for 7 years ago
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021 06:59 AM by dan10.)
07-06-2021 06:59 AM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

Lol, yeah, if you actually click on them it takes you to current info, they just never bothered to update the graphics. I know they go through this every year.
07-06-2021 10:07 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

They probably won't update the next amount of teams till next year haha
07-06-2021 12:56 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Link

Here was someone's first shot at pre-season rankings. Not sure if Jim Root has a big following or how credible he is, but seems like a rough list to me. Defending champs as 8th? With how few losses we have, I cant see us falling out of the top 4. 2/3 feels right. On paper, to me, Delaware should be the big favorite. I think Hofstra will be a bottom half team.

For those who dont have twitter:

James Madison
Hofstra
Delaware
Charleston
Northeastern
Elon
UNCW
Drexel
Towson
W&M
07-07-2021 06:46 AM
Advertisement

Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

(07-07-2021 06:46 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Link

Here was someone's first shot at pre-season rankings. Not sure if Jim Root has a big following or how credible he is, but seems like a rough list to me. Defending champs as 8th? With how few losses we have, I cant see us falling out of the top 4. 2/3 feels right. On paper, to me, Delaware should be the big favorite. I think Hofstra will be a bottom half team.

James Madison
Hofstra
Delaware
Charleston
Northeastern
Elon
UNCW
Drexel
Towson
W&M

I saw this on Twitter... what a joke! Being a Dragon fan I have seen bad teams... this is not one of them( assuming no major injuries). He said because of injuries and covid he discounted the Dragons. I see us being top 4 but a chance of repeating if we get a good matchup.
07-07-2021 09:54 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Elon is the next member in this poll to appear. They came in today at #113
07-20-2021 08:12 AM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

(07-07-2021 09:54 AM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  

James Madison
Hofstra
Delaware
Charleston
Northeastern
Elon
UNCW
Drexel
Towson
W&M

I saw this on Twitter... what a joke! Being a Dragon fan I have seen bad teams... this is not one of them( assuming no major injuries). He said because of injuries and covid he discounted the Dragons. I see us being top 4 but a chance of repeating if we get a good matchup.

yeah this guy is an idiot. another great example of why twitter is a cesspool. i'm sure we'll have season prediction threads in the near future with the season rapidly approaching. our key pieces our back with butler and wynter. if okros can become a more consistent outside threat, williams comes into form as a legit big man, and bell becomes the all league player i think he can be...we're not going to have to worry about how many road conference games we've lost in the past.
07-20-2021 03:46 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

(07-20-2021 03:46 PM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  
(07-07-2021 09:54 AM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  

James Madison
Hofstra
Delaware
Charleston
Northeastern
Elon
UNCW
Drexel
Towson
W&M

yeah this guy is an idiot. another great example of why twitter is a cesspool. i'm sure we'll have season prediction threads in the near future with the season rapidly approaching. our key pieces our back with butler and wynter. if okros can become a more consistent outside threat, williams comes into form as a legit big man, and bell becomes the all league player i think he can be...we're not going to have to worry about how many road conference games we've lost in the past.

I think Melik is going to be a monster for us this year! I think Bell will improve off of last year. The only thing I worry about is not having enough F's hopefully they find someone.
07-20-2021 04:27 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

New batch was released! We are officially in the top 100! Unless they don't rank us better than Elon like that jerk on twitter.
08-01-2021 06:30 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

I was going to say #100 was released today. That is either great news for the conference (us, NU and maybe even Delaware) have not made an appearance. NU is a lock to show up, I am nervous that despite our run and tournament appearance, we are outside of the top 144. My sneaky suspicion is that NU will be showing up this week as the last of the CAA members. Hope we make the cut and others too.
08-02-2021 01:35 PM
J.B. Offline

Is there a link to what you're both referring to?
08-02-2021 02:16 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

(08-02-2021 02:16 PM)J.B. Wrote:  Is there a link to what you're both referring to?

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/men...4-previews
08-02-2021 04:48 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

It was in the original post as well JB. It gets updated daily.
08-03-2021 06:25 AM
J.B. Offline

Thanks dan and dfl. I missed the link from before. Appreciate it.
08-03-2021 07:39 AM
Advertisement

Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Northeastern is 94
08-08-2021 03:47 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I have to believe NU is the highest ranked team in the CAA and will be our only top 100 representative. As it stands currently

NU- 94
Elon- 113
JMU- 132

Edit: The actual write up states CAA rank #1, so this is it for the conference. Obviously these writers also thought our run was a fluke. Maybe it was, but it felt different last year and now we return basically the same team. I think we are in line to surprise many.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021 08:28 AM by dan10.)
08-09-2021 08:25 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
(08-09-2021 08:25 AM)dan10 Wrote:  I have to believe NU is the highest ranked team in the CAA and will be our only top 100 representative. As it stands currently

NU- 94
Elon- 113
JMU- 132

Edit: The actual write up states CAA rank #1, so this is it for the conference. Obviously these writers also thought our run was a fluke. Maybe it was, but it felt different last year and now we return basically the same team. I think we are in line to surprise many.

I wouldn't let this preview upset you. Drexel and Delaware could easily replace any of those 3 teams.
08-09-2021 12:39 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

(08-09-2021 12:39 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(08-09-2021 08:25 AM)dan10 Wrote:  I have to believe NU is the highest ranked team in the CAA and will be our only top 100 representative. As it stands currently

NU- 94
Elon- 113
JMU- 132

I wouldn't let this preview upset you. Drexel and Delaware could easily replace any of those 3 teams.

It doesn't for me. I have thought and possibly said all along I think Delaware is the paper favorite and we are likely #2 or #3 with NU and probably JMU rounding out the top 4. Elon is probably 5th or 6th. A jump but nothing that drastic.

I think Hofstra is a near bottom team this coming season, despite much of the historical love they have gotten in polls. Too much lost talent plus a coaching change. Hard to like what they have going on before the ball tips off. At our level there is always a level of uncertainty that any season can bring. There will be many surprises as usual.
08-09-2021 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.