Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for ECU Fans...
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
Question for ECU Fans...
Any recommendations on RV Parks near ECU?

We are going to drive up our RV to Blue Ridge Parkway earlier in the week and then make our way East for our October 28th, Thursday night game.

Thx in advance!
05-31-2021 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DownEastPirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Question for ECU Fans...
No RV'er but I think Tranters Creek Campground has a pretty good repport. About 25 minutes from the football stadium and 10 minutes from Washington waterfront with some good restaurants.
05-31-2021 09:58 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
This may help.

https://ecupirates.com/sports/2016/7/7/f...-html.aspx

Overnight RV Parking
Overnight parking for RVs is permitted for Friday evenings after 6 p.m. in the designated area. All vehicles must be self-contained; no electrical hook-ups are available. For specific recreational vehicle parking information contact Scott Lane. General RV parking passes will be available at the beginning of August.

https://ecupirates.com/sports/2016/7/8/f...ation.aspx

GENERAL PUBLIC RV PARKING
Recreational vehicle parking is available in the Carol Belk Building lot. The parking fee is $100 per RV and advance reservation is required. No day of game RVs will be allowed without advance reservation. Please contact Scott Lane to make arrangements for general public RV parking space.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021 11:48 AM by pcm0103.)
05-31-2021 11:43 AM
covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
I hope that you have a thick skin. I’ve never traveled to ECU, but other Tiger fans who travel to a lot of away games tell me they have some of the nastiest fans they have ever seen, in their attitude toward visiting fans. I have been to Cincy, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston, UCF, and SMU in our conference and never had any problems. I’ve also been to non-conference games at Louisville, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, UAB, and Kansas, and have never experienced hostility such as our fans reportedly got from the ECU folks.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021 04:36 PM by covingtontiger.)
05-31-2021 04:35 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(05-31-2021 08:24 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  Any recommendations on RV Parks near ECU?

We are going to drive up our RV to Blue Ridge Parkway earlier in the week and then make our way East for our October 28th, Thursday night game.

Thx in advance!

Man that’s awesome! I wish you guys would’ve traveled up 10 years ago though, when you’d see a P5 stadium atmosphere with the attendance and tail gate party atmosphere...ECU is in a true college atmosphere. But I’m glad you are going. Better late than never. I loved my time in Greenville
05-31-2021 07:44 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(05-31-2021 04:35 PM)covingtontiger Wrote:  I hope that you have a thick skin. I’ve never traveled to ECU, but other Tiger fans who travel to a lot of away games tell me they have some of the nastiest fans they have ever seen, in their attitude toward visiting fans. I have been to Cincy, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston, UCF, and SMU in our conference and never had any problems. I’ve also been to non-conference games at Louisville, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, UAB, and Kansas, and have never experienced hostility such as our fans reportedly got from the ECU folks.

You can say that about every school because every school has a couple of douche bag fans. Don't let that very small number of douche bags represent the majority of fans of that school. I have traveled to Memphis, UCF, VaTech, UVA, Penn State, UNC, NC State, and USC-South and have come across bad fans at all those schools. But I also encountered tons of good fans at those schools. Tell those Tiger fans that the next time they come, go to the Media lot and we can share a cold one. Most fans from other schools pass through on their way to the stadium if they park by Epps Middle School or park on Elm Street.
05-31-2021 08:04 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(05-31-2021 04:35 PM)covingtontiger Wrote:  I hope that you have a thick skin. I’ve never traveled to ECU, but other Tiger fans who travel to a lot of away games tell me they have some of the nastiest fans they have ever seen, in their attitude toward visiting fans. I have been to Cincy, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston, UCF, and SMU in our conference and never had any problems. I’ve also been to non-conference games at Louisville, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, UAB, and Kansas, and have never experienced hostility such as our fans reportedly got from the ECU folks.

I would hope this was a rare occurrence. While every school has drunken idiots, I feel like we are a pretty welcoming school.
05-31-2021 10:11 PM
oipirate Offline
Water Engineer

(05-31-2021 10:11 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

I would hope this was a rare occurrence. While every school has drunken idiots, I feel like we are a pretty welcoming school.

Thursday night game at ECU vs Temple. We had a pretty good crowd for our tailgate, made a low country boil for the day (shrimp, crab legs, corn, sausage etc.). Two Temple fans walked by and I said, “Hey Owls.... come on over get some food and beer!” They looked at each other, talked about it for a minute, it didn’t seem like they were going to take me up on my offer so I yelled them again to come over. So they finally joined us and said that they weren’t sure if they should or not, no one from Philly would ever do something like invite visiting fans to their tailgate (I’m sure there are exceptions).
06-01-2021 07:05 AM
ballantyneapp Offline
All American

I Root For: App
(05-31-2021 08:24 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  Any recommendations on RV Parks near ECU?

Thx in advance!

sounds like the game is the main event for you so it may not matter, but you'll be a few weeks past "peak" leaf season on the parkway, except for lower elevations. usually 1st-2nd week of Oct is the best time for parkway driving.

As mentioned earlier, you might want to look at Washington and New Bern NC for parking, especially if you're going to be there for longer than the game. New Bern is nicer but a longer drive to Greenville.
06-01-2021 07:51 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

Hmmm... that doesn't sound right.

ECU fans are passionate, sure. But we love showing off our stadium and our traditions... I don't think we're a hostile bunch at all. Granted, the past several seasons have likely mellowed us out a bit.
06-01-2021 08:03 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(06-01-2021 08:03 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

ECU fans are passionate, sure. But we love showing off our stadium and our traditions... I don't think we're a hostile bunch at all. Granted, the past several seasons have likely mellowed us out a bit.

Yea it sounded a little fabricated to me as well. My season tickets are in section 13 which is right beside the visitors section and I have never seen any of our fans get hostile with another school, not even when we play UNCCheat and the wolf puppies. Now trash talking is a different story but it never gets hostile. We're certainly not throwing batteries at fans like WVU fans.
06-01-2021 08:37 AM
Advertisement

liquidshade Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: East Carolina

I've never been to a away game in Memphis but I've heard from my sisters boyfriends cousin best friend that Memphis fans are the worst in the AAC. Don't take it from me I've never been to Memphis for a game but I can speak about the subject even though I know nothing about the subject. I hate when people give secondhand reports about something they know nothing about.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021 09:37 AM by liquidshade.)
06-01-2021 09:35 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army

Second this. “Major” big time programs have been coming to ECU for years. Majority of the ACC schools. A Big 12 school, an SEC school because it’s a REAL college football experience. Big stadium with knowledge fans. This ain’t Temple or Tampa. BYU fans even gushed about it after getting spanked In Greenville a few years back. I suspect if the Memphis fan had ever actually visited he’d have a much different opinion.
06-01-2021 09:38 AM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(06-01-2021 07:05 AM)oipirate Wrote:  
(05-31-2021 10:11 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

Thursday night game at ECU vs Temple. We had a pretty good crowd for our tailgate, made a low country boil for the day (shrimp, crab legs, corn, sausage etc.). Two Temple fans walked by and I said, “Hey Owls.... come on over get some food and beer!” They looked at each other, talked about it for a minute, it didn’t seem like they were going to take me up on my offer so I yelled them again to come over. So they finally joined us and said that they weren’t sure if they should or not, no one from Philly would ever do something like invite visiting fans to their tailgate (I’m sure there are exceptions).

I used to have season tickets for UNLV games (business purposes). When Wisconsin played us in Las Vegas, they probably had around 10,000 fans there. They set up a stage just north of the stadium for tailgating. My business partner and I were wearing our UNLV gear when we asked some fans by the entrance if we could go in and take a look around. Within two minutes they were jamming beers and bratwursts down our throat. Best folks you'd ever meet.
06-01-2021 10:07 AM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
(06-01-2021 08:37 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  

Yea it sounded a little fabricated to me as well. My season tickets are in section 13 which is right beside the visitors section and I have never seen any of our fans get hostile with another school, not even when we play UNCCheat and the wolf puppies. Now trash talking is a different story but it never gets hostile. We're certainly not throwing batteries at fans like WVU fans.

Doesn't sound right to me either. My season tix are in the first row of 214 just above that. We've had these same seats for 20 years and I've never seen anything like that happen inside the stadium. Before we started going to the alumni tailgate at the soccer stadium we tailgated at the school across the street and would invite visiting fans to hang out, have a beer, and talk football. Others around us did the same. It just sounds very out of character for us as a fanbase.
06-01-2021 10:30 AM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I think it is luck of the draw. We went to an ECU game back in our old C-USA days and had a great time and everyone was friendly.

Every school has its idiots. The worst away game I have attend was the USF-Miami game in the Orange Bowl and the Georgia Southern game back in the early days of USF football. Georgia Southern put visiting fans in front of their band...and the fans in the adjacent section was outright ugly during the game. Tailgaiting wasn't much better, which was really unexpected b/c we tailgating near their alumni sections and not students.
06-01-2021 02:43 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(06-01-2021 07:51 AM)ballantyneapp Wrote:  

Thx in advance!

sounds like the game is the main event for you so it may not matter, but you'll be a few weeks past "peak" leaf season on the parkway, except for lower elevations. usually 1st-2nd week of Oct is the best time for parkway driving.

As mentioned earlier, you might want to look at Washington and New Bern NC for parking, especially if you're going to be there for longer than the game. New Bern is nicer but a longer drive to Greenville.

Thanks...and yes, the game is the primary driver for the trip and a chance to do some hiking while getting away from the Florida heat. We've been up to Asheville in mid-to-late October several times (my birthday 'week':) and it was still beautiful. I've lived in Florida since the 1980s and still miss the changing of the seasons.

12 Saturdays until college football season starts!!!
06-01-2021 02:48 PM
muckdawg24 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
I don't think I've been to a school for an away game where i was ever treated poorly, even USF and our fans are def not nice to them sometimes. A few bad apples stains the experience. Not sure why people can't just trash talk in good fun and drink some cold ones and eat some BBQ like normal people.
06-04-2021 08:30 AM
oipirate Offline
Water Engineer

(06-04-2021 08:30 AM)muckdawg24 Wrote:  I don't think I've been to a school for an away game where i was ever treated poorly, even USF and our fans are def not nice to them sometimes. A few bad apples stains the experience. Not sure why people can't just trash talk in good fun and drink some cold ones and eat some BBQ like normal people.

Only place I ever truly felt uncomfortable was at West Virginia. Walking through a parking lot with my fiancé was told to GTFO twice, challenged to a fight twice and asked to bring my girl over once before making it to the end of the parking lot lol. I’ve heard that since joining the Big 12 they have made a concerted effort to clean that up and that it’s gotten much better but I haven’t been back since.
06-04-2021 09:48 AM
ballantyneapp Offline
All American

I Root For: App
(06-01-2021 02:48 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(06-01-2021 07:51 AM)ballantyneapp Wrote:  

Thx in advance!

Thanks...and yes, the game is the primary driver for the trip and a chance to do some hiking while getting away from the Florida heat. We've been up to Asheville in mid-to-late October several times (my birthday 'week':) and it was still beautiful. I've lived in Florida since the 1980s and still miss the changing of the seasons.

12 Saturdays until college football season starts!!!

its never a bad time to drive down the parkway. Enjoy your time, hopefully all the breweries will be back open (Sierra Nevada is STILL closed 03-banghead )
06-04-2021 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.