RE: Yahoo: Ball St. loaded
yuck
05-25-2021 07:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
They forget that Miami returns a good chunk from a team with a winning record despite playing teams that finished ranked for two-thirds of our games! Just don't pay mind to the game count...
05-25-2021 09:28 PM
Advertisement

Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State
Great MAC press. There is a solid article by Chris Vannini in the Athletic about Ball State too. Much more in-depth than the normal MAC blurb you normally see.
05-26-2021 10:27 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
I'm still salty about losing to Ball St. last year. WMU beat them in every statistical category, anyone watching the game will tell you WMU outplayed them, and Lester still found a way to lose. 34 to 17 advantage in first downs. 491 to 352 total yards. 37:22 to 22:38 TOP. Half as many penalties. And then Balls rushed the field prematurely at the end and the refs just sort of allowed the game to end.

The 2nd year in a row where WMU was in the driver's seat to win the West, and ended up losing the last game of the season to a team we shouldn't have lost to, allowing some other team to back into the MACC.

Lester's got a lot to prove this year.
05-26-2021 03:44 PM
JHVMU19 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Miami (OH)
(05-26-2021 03:44 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I'm still salty about losing to Ball St. last year. WMU beat them in every statistical category, anyone watching the game will tell you WMU outplayed them, and Lester still found a way to lose. 34 to 17 advantage in first downs. 491 to 352 total yards. 37:22 to 22:38 TOP. Half as many penalties. And then Balls rushed the field prematurely at the end and the refs just sort of allowed the game to end.

The 2nd year in a row where WMU was in the driver's seat to win the West, and ended up losing the last game of the season to a team we shouldn't have lost to, allowing some other team to back into the MACC.

Bummer for sure, BSU is a good team - just ask SJSU and UB, but look at MU - only played 3 games and beat BSU, but lost to UB. 1-1 vs top 25 and 2-1 overall. No bowl and no chance to play in MACC. Sadly, last year was a “could of, should of, would of” year.

Let’s make the MAC awesome in OOC this year.
Best of luck in the OOC season to all (except if you have to play MU).
05-26-2021 10:41 PM
Advertisement

Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

(05-26-2021 03:44 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I'm still salty about losing to Ball St. last year. WMU beat them in every statistical category, anyone watching the game will tell you WMU outplayed them, and Lester still found a way to lose. 34 to 17 advantage in first downs. 491 to 352 total yards. 37:22 to 22:38 TOP. Half as many penalties. And then Balls rushed the field prematurely at the end and the refs just sort of allowed the game to end.

Well, there was the penalty. Western players came onto the field, too. And ‘Well, they were on there first’ isn’t really an argument.
05-27-2021 06:37 AM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(05-27-2021 06:37 AM)Frozenbaugh Wrote:  

Well, there was the penalty. Western players came onto the field, too. And ‘Well, they were on there first’ isn’t really an argument.

will BSU be top 25 heading into week 1? Who was last MAC program ranked going into week 1 and when?
05-27-2021 07:18 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Yes, there would have been a penalty anyway. It would not have been a TD. But you have to admit the entire Ball State team rushed the field before the play was over. Which, if you're familiar with football, is a no-no.
05-27-2021 07:35 AM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

(05-26-2021 10:41 PM)JHVMU19 Wrote:  

Bummer for sure, BSU is a good team - just ask SJSU and UB, but look at MU - only played 3 games and beat BSU, but lost to UB. 1-1 vs top 25 and 2-1 overall. No bowl and no chance to play in MACC. Sadly, last year was a “could of, should of, would of” year.

Let’s make the MAC awesome in OOC this year.
Best of luck in the OOC season to all (except if you have to play MU).

It was a very strange season in a very strange year. I'm itching for a normal football season. I think we all need it. Once the lights come up on football in late August/early September, I feel like we will all be able to take a big sigh of relief and feel a bit of normalcy again.
05-27-2021 07:37 AM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

(05-27-2021 07:18 AM)cmufanatic Wrote:  

will BSU be top 25 heading into week 1? Who was last MAC program ranked going into week 1 and when?

Would be awesome but likely short lived with Penn State in week 2.
05-27-2021 07:49 AM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(05-27-2021 07:49 AM)Frozenbaugh Wrote:  
(05-27-2021 07:18 AM)cmufanatic Wrote:  

Would be awesome but likely short lived with Penn State in week 2.

maybe not, PSU was not good last year and Toledo, OHIO won in Happy Valley, make it 3 for the MAC, we shall see
05-27-2021 08:52 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Without that forward pass flag, coulda been the new Cal-Stanford. The Play II.

Lester will continue to give us 'decent' seasons and I don't think we'll ever have a really "bad" year under him. But I'm rapidly losing faith in Lester getting us to Ford Field.
05-27-2021 03:58 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Hold on. Nothing was worse than the ast 2 minutes of the WMU vs. Toledo game to have a gripe with.
05-27-2021 07:47 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(05-24-2021 06:40 PM)axeme Wrote:  No team more prepared to defend their title than Ball St.

They got hot last year then delivered by winning the bowl game.

One of the arguments of having every conference champ represented in a playoff is who knows about the G5 they could always have a team on fire that contends.

Its becoming like basketball in that regard with mid majors going on a streak to the Final 4.
05-28-2021 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.