Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Several posts around the U.S. this week about possible Boise/SDSU move to AAC
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Several posts around the U.S. this week about possible Boise/SDSU move to AAC
I came across this story on one of Temple's message boards and found it popping up on numerous other message boards as well:

"You can tell it's almost summer, because here come the realignment rumors.
Boise State, SDSU and UNLV in talks to join the American conference. Per sports radio

Would give the American 14 football teams and 14 basketball schools with Wichita State hoops-only and Navy football-only.

Would be nice for the guaranteed G5 slot, but the Sun Belt teams did pretty well last year as well. Tough to always be the best out of 5 conferences.

Matt @KySportsRadio Sources confirm meetings between Mountain West and AAC. Boise State along with San Diego State and UNLV to AAC. Air Force was also in discussions but AAC didn’t want a 2nd military academy.
— Lloyd Woosley (@ColonelGator) May 5, 2021

https://twitter.com/ColonelGator/status/...5619093505

Heads Up: This morning from BTM - The Source.

“Boise St is on the AAC’s doorstep. Expect at least one partner in San Diego St to make move together. Up to two more additional schools could be added to the flow. The heavy push to seal it up is between now and start of July.”
?
— Greg Flugaur (@flugempire) May 5, 2021

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag...&tab=top10

More speculation of BSU to AAC "rumors"

The only question for Boise State and SDSU is where will the Olympic sports go? That looks like the Big West, based on Boise State emailing the league steadily the past year. As for the third, BYU is in a "move it or lose it" situation without any route of its own to an NY6 Bowl. https://t.co/rOypAGQU7q— C. Austin Cox (@CAustinCox) May 5, 2021

I didn’t receive much extra info. Timing before start of July seems significant. Where the Olympic sports go I don’t know. I didn’t receive any other university names beyond Boise St and San Diego St.— Greg Flugaur (@flugempire) May 5, 2021

https://247sports.com/college/boise-stat...165065474/

Rafter17 avatar
Posted on May 6th, 8:21 PM, , User Since 223 months ago, User Post Count: 66712

May 6th, 8:21 PM
223 months

#DoneDeal

Rafter17 - STAFF

I can confirm meetings between Mountain West schools and the AAC. Sources are saying Boise State will be moving to the American conference along with San Diego State and UNLV. Air Force was also in discussions but the American didn’t want to add a second military academy.
May 5, 2021

https://247sports.com/college/boise-stat...74/?page=2
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021 12:35 AM by jedclampett.)
05-08-2021 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jedclampett Offline
All American

RE: Several posts around the nation about possible Boise/SDSU move to AAC

These are just rumors, but they're being discussed on the BYU and Boise State message boards.

Some of the sources seem to be a bit "sketchy," but apparently, "BTM" refers to a source (a website, radio station, blog?) associated with the Big Ten in some way.

The only solid or serious lead suggesting any confirmation of the story would seem to be the post referring to Matt @KySportsRadio.

The question is whether this is just idle speculation, or whether there is something to it.

They say that "where there is smoke, there's fire"... ...but not always.

Yet, even if they are just rumors, they are at least consistent with a few fairly recent posts on this message board suggesting that there have probably been continuing talks between the AAC, Boise, and at least one or two other western schools.

05-08-2021 11:57 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: Several posts around the U.S. this week about possible Boise/SDSU move to AAC
05-09-2021 05:09 AM
Advertisement

jedclampett Offline
All American

RE: Several posts around the U.S. this week about possible Boise/SDSU move to AAC

Just more grist for the mill, that's all.

05-09-2021 06:57 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(05-09-2021 05:09 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  What part of THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS did we miss here?

None. Every item here is fully addressed in the megathread.

Not more grist. Exact same grist.

Thanks coastaljuan
05-09-2021 07:37 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Flugaur is not a legit source. During the Big 12 chase back in 2016, he got almost every single thing wrong. Most of his stuff was the opposite of what was happening at various schools. I think he just makes stuff up.

I think he's the one who started the rumors this cycle. If not, he certainly fanned them.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021 07:54 AM by TripleA.)
05-09-2021 07:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.