Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Golf gets 9 seed
Bookmark and Share
Proff Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW
Men's Golf gets 9 seed
at the Noblesville, IN regional. Well done guys! Play well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
05-05-2021 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
RE: Men's Golf gets 9 seed
If any of you come out here to watch them (highly doubtful), Noblesville is very nice. Some great golf courses on the north side of Indy
05-06-2021 11:26 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
Final Round of Regionals today. UNCW in 6th place (top 5 advance)....but lots 9 strokes behind 5th place North Florida.

UNCW's Blake McShea is tied for first place individually

http://results.golfstat.com//public/lead...&tid=22936
05-19-2021 07:33 AM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

Will Blake advance on an individual level?
05-19-2021 07:50 AM
triangleseahawk919 Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-19-2021 07:50 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Will Blake advance on an individual level?

He has a chance. I believe if I remember correctly, it's the top individual on a team outside of the top-5 that advances.
05-19-2021 08:01 AM
Advertisement

70shawk Offline
All American

(05-19-2021 07:50 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Will Blake advance on an individual level?

My understanding is that the top five teams advance, plus the top individual not on one of those teams advance from the regional to the finals.

So he should advance if he keeps his lead. A guy from West Virginia (also not in top five teams) is only a couple of strokes back....so stay tuned
05-19-2021 08:06 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

Hawks finished 9th in the Regional. Had a less than stellar 13 over par 3rd and final round.

McShea finished tied for 10th.
05-19-2021 06:12 PM
Advertisement

SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

(05-19-2021 06:12 PM)70shawk Wrote:  Hawks finished 9th in the Regional. Had a less than stellar 13 over par 3rd and final round.

McShea finished tied for 10th.

For whatever difference it makes, they finished 8th.
05-19-2021 06:33 PM
Big Alpha Hawk Offline
Bench Warmer

It would be nice if they could eventually break through and advance one year. Golf is one sport we could make some noise on national level.
The sport we should throw money at is Men's soccer . Aiden is best coach at school and we have seen what schools like Akron and Marshal can do, win national championships. Give them the resources and see what happens. Our facilities are so poor compared to most programs we also need to build a nice facility.
05-20-2021 08:24 AM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2021 08:24 AM)Big Alpha Hawk Wrote:  It would be nice if they could eventually break through and advance one year. Golf is one sport we could make some noise on national level.
The sport we should throw money at is Men's soccer . Aiden is best coach at school and we have seen what schools like Akron and Marshal can do, win national championships. Give them the resources and see what happens. Our facilities are so poor compared to most programs we also need to build a nice facility.

Agreed!

Soccer is a sport that could draw a crowd too

The Hammerheads showed their is interest in soccer in this community
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021 08:27 AM by solohawks.)
05-20-2021 08:27 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2021 08:27 AM)solohawks Wrote:  
(05-20-2021 08:24 AM)Big Alpha Hawk Wrote:  It would be nice if they could eventually break through and advance one year. Golf is one sport we could make some noise on national level.

Agreed!

Agree about Soccer. Also, you'd think with world class golf everywhere we could get that program better than it's been. One thing that has always baffled me is our seemingly sub par beach volleyball
05-20-2021 08:42 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2021 08:42 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(05-20-2021 08:27 AM)solohawks Wrote:  

Agreed!

Agree about Soccer. Also, you'd think with world class golf everywhere we could get that program better than it's been. One thing that has always baffled me is our seemingly sub par beach volleyball

Beach Volleyball was added in for Title IX reasons when the plans where different and other sports were on the chopping block. When those plans changed, beach volleyball was still added because killing a government program, even a University sport, is very political and very difficult.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021 09:12 AM by solohawks.)
05-20-2021 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.