Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NU gets a point guard
Bookmark and Share
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
NU gets a point guard
Tyreek Scott-Grayson is a grad transfer from UAB.

He averaged 9.3 ppg, 1.7 assists pg, and 1.2 steals pg.

https://twitter.com/_reekoh/status/13900...39523?s=20

https://twitter.com/WME_Sinclair/status/...82670?s=20

Highlights vs North Alabama and ODU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYE3NIHCm4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSgiivDnUWI
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021 07:13 PM by geewizNU.)
05-05-2021 04:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: NU gets a point guard
I feel better about our stable of ball handlers. Started most of the games he played in for UAB last year and averaged 25 mpg. Not a big assists guy.
05-05-2021 06:37 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

2021-22...

PG Tyreek Scott-Grayson
G Shaq Walters
G Joe Pridgen
F Jason Strong
F Chris Doherty

Bench
F Jahmyl Telfort
F Coleman Stucke
G Nikola Djogo
G Querin Emanga
F Alex Nwagha

That's a pretty athletic and versatile group. I could easily replace Strong with Telfort, but I doubt Coen would do that.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 01:05 AM by geewizNU.)
05-05-2021 09:02 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

It's always fun to project....so I'll try, too. We agree that Doherty will start and you can't leave Prigden out of the starting five. After watching two full UAB games I don't see Tyreek as the starting PG. He's a SG or a SF. I LOVE how athletic he is and how he defends but he never brings the ball upcourt and his game is like Stucke's....except he's a better defender. Shaq is our PG until To takes the spot away from him. That leaves Telfort at the other F spot. He's earned it.

Just my opinion.....

Coaches hesitate to give starting spots to newcomers right away so these aren't game one predictions.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021 11:14 PM by NUGUY.)
05-05-2021 11:08 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(05-05-2021 11:08 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  It's always fun to project....so I'll try, too. We agree that Doherty will start and you can't leave Prigden out of the starting five. After watching two full UAB games I don't see Tyreek as the starting PG. He's a SG or a SF. I LOVE how athletic he is and how he defends but he never brings the ball upcourt and his game is like Stucke's....except he's a better defender. Shaq is our PG until To takes the spot away from him. That leaves Telfort at the other F spot. He's earned it.

Just my opinion.....

Coaches hesitate to give starting spots to newcomers right away so these aren't game one predictions.

He’s not coming off the bench in his graduate season after being a starter for a very good UAB team who plays in C-USA. That’s nuts IMO.

Based on your theory both Tyreek and Djogo are coming off the bench in their grad year? That’s not happening.

He’s a WAY better ball handler than Shaq. I’ve been watching his games too and I don’t know what you’re seeing. Is he Tyson with the rock? No, but he handles it well enough to run a team.

His game is nothing like Stucke. Stucke wasn’t good with the ball in his hands. Stucke isn’t close to being as athletic as Tyreek, but he’s a better shooter than him.

This kid dropped 30 on Kentucky 2 years ago. Shaq can’t do that. Sorry.

To be fair, there will be enough times in games when TSG, Shaq and Pridgen handle the ball and run the offense.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 12:41 AM by geewizNU.)
05-06-2021 12:33 AM
Advertisement

NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

Interesting insights. I'm looking forward to watching a few of his full games over the next few days. I noticed he was #10 in his post, which is Greg's number so I guess one of them will switch. We may be a bit susceptible at the true point guard position but hopefully we have enough ball handlers and athleticism to compensate. For sure, we are deep and athletic as heck. I also like the experience we have brought in to supplement the development of the younger players.

I do think TSG will end up being the PG and Pridgen, Shaq, and Doherty will be starters. That's the only way TSG and Pridgen were coming here. After that, it will be a matter of Telfort or Strong. Telfort will log the big minutes and finish games regardless on most nights I'd guess.
05-06-2021 07:15 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(05-06-2021 12:33 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(05-05-2021 11:08 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  It's always fun to project....so I'll try, too. We agree that Doherty will start and you can't leave Prigden out of the starting five. After watching two full UAB games I don't see Tyreek as the starting PG. He's a SG or a SF. I LOVE how athletic he is and how he defends but he never brings the ball upcourt and his game is like Stucke's....except he's a better defender. Shaq is our PG until To takes the spot away from him. That leaves Telfort at the other F spot. He's earned it.

Just my opinion.....

He’s not coming off the bench in his graduate season after being a starter for a very good UAB team who plays in C-USA. That’s nuts IMO.

Based on your theory both Tyreek and Djogo are coming off the bench in their grad year? That’s not happening.

He’s a WAY better ball handler than Shaq. I’ve been watching his games too and I don’t know what you’re seeing. Is he Tyson with the rock? No, but he handles it well enough to run a team.

His game is nothing like Stucke. Stucke wasn’t good with the ball in his hands. Stucke isn’t close to being as athletic as Tyreek, but he’s a better shooter than him.

To be fair, there will be enough times in games when TSG, Shaq and Pridgen handle the ball and run the offense.

Wiz....we'll have to disagree on Tyreek's point guard's skills. The first game I watched was the game against Charlotte. Early in that game the announcer said that UAB's point guard (Jackson) was out so I hoped to see Tyreek show his ball handling skills. Instead, Ertel and Benjamin brought the ball upcourt and got the offense set up 100% of the time. Tyreek just headed to one of the corners (like Stucke does.)

Walters took over for Tyson when he was injured and probably has the inside track for now. Didn't he have eight or nine assists in one of those games? We don't
know what To can do but I'm back to worrying about being thin at point guard.

In Tyreek we get another athletic type who looks like a strong defender. I see him playing the two. If that makes my opinion "nuts" so be it.
05-06-2021 09:35 AM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(05-06-2021 09:35 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  
(05-06-2021 12:33 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  

Just my opinion.....

Wiz....we'll have to disagree on Tyreek's point guard's skills. The first game I watched was the game against Charlotte. Early in that game the announcer said that UAB's point guard (Jackson) was out so I hoped to see Tyreek show his ball handling skills. Instead, Ertel and Benjamin brought the ball upcourt and got the offense set up 100% of the time. Tyreek just headed to one of the corners (like Stucke does.)

Walters took over for Tyson when he was injured and probably has the inside track for now. Didn't he have eight or nine assists in one of those games? We don't
know what To can do but I'm back to worrying about being thin at point guard.

In Tyreek we get another athletic type who looks like a strong defender. I see him playing the two. If that makes my opinion "nuts" so be it.

You need to look at what I wrote.

I said if you think TSG is coming here to come off the bench, that’s “nuts”.
Not the fact that you think he’s more suited to play 2 guard.

When you said TSG isn’t a starting PG more of a SG or SF, I interpreted that as he’s not one of your starting 5.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 09:59 AM by geewizNU.)
05-06-2021 09:54 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

2021-22...

PG Glen McClintock
G Tyreek Scott-Grayson
G Shaq Walters
G Joe Pridgen
F Jason Strong
F Chris Doherty
(I don't know who doesn't start, IMO Strong would be out)

Bench
F Jahmyl Telfort
F Coleman Stucke
G Nikola Djogo
G Querin Emanga
F Alex Nwagha
G To Randrisalama
05-09-2021 12:47 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(05-09-2021 12:47 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  2021-22...

PG Glen McClintock
G Tyreek Scott-Grayson
G Shaq Walters
G Joe Pridgen
F Jason Strong
F Chris Doherty
(I don't know who doesn't start, IMO Strong would be out)

Bench
F Jahmyl Telfort
F Coleman Stucke
G Nikola Djogo
G Querin Emanga
F Alex Nwagha
G To Randrisalama

The only change I would make is switching Telfort and McClintock.
05-09-2021 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.