Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Drexel Day of Giving
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Drexel Day of Giving
Today is the big donation gathering day. With our change in leadership at the AD level and the success our teams have had this season, I think it is now a great time to make a statement that who is in charge matters. Any little bit counts. New donors and donations with the changing our the guard is a way we can all have a small voice.

Giving link
05-05-2021 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

RE: Drexel Day of Giving
So far so Dragons everywhere are being generous.

388k donated so far with 9 hours remaining. 60% of donations by numbers has gone towards athletics
Womens basketball is #8 overall for number of donors and has gotten just of 26K raised
Mens basketball is #18 overall for number of donors and has gotten just under 9.5K
There have been 73 different schools/programs that have been donated towards for what its worth.

From what I can tell womens basketball is #3 overall in money so far and tops in athletics behind University Priorities (unrestricted) and Co-op Opportunity fund.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021 02:05 PM by dan10.)
05-05-2021 02:02 PM
hiroshimacarp Online
1st String

i gave some money right after we won. i might get season basketball tickets next year if we don't always use them.
05-06-2021 06:58 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

(05-06-2021 06:58 AM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  i gave some money right after we won. i might get season basketball tickets next year if we don't always use them.

Great. More fans need to understand the importance of being a season ticket holder, even if they can't go to every game. This hasn't happened yet since the DAC renovation, but this program needs to get to the point where the only way to get chairback seats is to buy them really early or get season tickets. They don't have that many seats to fill.
05-06-2021 08:48 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I would say yesterday would be considered a success. The goal was 2,750 donors.

5398 donors gave $1,002,665

65% of donors gave towards athletics

Women's basketball ended up in 10th with 181 donors for $33,008
Men's basketball ended up in 19th with 69 donors giving $11,377

Top givers were men's wrestling with 538 donors giving $54,943 followed by men's (461/$9,193) and women's (452/$9,873)crew

Unrestricted athletics finished 17th with 98 donors giving $30,825

Men's squash finished 47 with 15 donors giving $1,130
Women's squash finished 50 with 14 donors giving $940

For bmf: University libraries finished 40 with 21 donors giving $2,046

The big takeaway for me for basketball was students and families. Men's basketball had almost 0 donations from those groups, whereas women's had quite a bit (15-20%). This speaks to building a strong program and how well Denise had done and Amy continues to push forward. Alumni were 75% of the men's donations while only 40-45% for the women.

Regardless this is great for the university and a wonderful turnout overall!
05-06-2021 10:42 AM
hiroshimacarp Online
1st String

i'm hoping somebody is getting the message about the boost we can get from our teams. when i tried unsuccessfully to get on the board of governors last year...that was my platform.

i'd like to see more done to keep the momentum going. we were unlikely to see any type of gathering in the spring...but hopefully they're looking at some type of championship celebration. cut the nets down at the dac, stage a rushing of the court, championship themed giveaway early next season. lots of ways to keep the buzz up.
05-06-2021 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.