Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Cincinnati Stabbing On Monday, Before Columbus
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Cincinnati Stabbing On Monday, Before Columbus
Quote:Cincinnati, Ohio — A 13-year-old girl, accused of killing another 13-year-old girl, appeared in court for the first time Wednesday. Officials say Janiah Pate fatally stabbed Nyaira Givens with a pocket knife on Monday.

Police responded to the scene on Topridge Place in the city’s Winton Hills neighborhood at 9:08 p.m.

Responding officers found Givens suffering from a stab wound to the right side of her neck. Fire personnel responded and rushed Givens to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center where she later died.

“During a verbal dispute, (the teen) pulled out a pocket knife and cut the victim on the right side of her neck causing her death,” court documents state.

On Tuesday, detectives charged Pate with murder.

The suspected attacker and the victim both attended the same school.

“We are devastated by this tragedy,” Cincinnati Public Schools said in a statement. “Our mental health support teams are actively supporting our school community at this time. We also have additional crisis teams in place to support our students and staff, if needed.”

“A whole lot of people are hurting. Young lady who was a viable part of the community — energetic, friendly — is no longer here,” Pastor Peterson Mingo with GOD Squad with Cincinnati Police Department told WKRC.

“Young lady, 13 years old — you haven’t lived; you haven’t experienced a whole lot. And so now, she won’t experience these things. And then there’s another young lady who’s going to be handicapped in some form or another the test of her life by this same situation,” said Mingo.

Police didn’t say what led up to the stabbing or release further details.

The investigation by the Cincinnati Police Department’s Homicide Unit is ongoing. Anyone with information about this homicide is asked to call the Homicide Unit at (513) 352-3542.

Link
04-21-2021 08:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Cincinnati Stabbing On Monday, Before Columbus
Can I get Conflict Resolution problems for $500, Alex?
04-21-2021 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Just a schoolyard fight. No need to press charges. Thankfully the white man didn’t show up with a gun.
04-21-2021 09:02 PM
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
Where is Black LIES Matter? Oh, that's right...

If they ever want to be taken seriously, they defend all black lives, particularly those taken at the hands of other black lives. Fight the root cause of the problem.
04-21-2021 09:18 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
If BLM would do a “Respect Each other” campaign, I would donate to it. I don’t enjoy the fact that there are dozens of black on black murders every day in this country. I was fought that you can’t expect anyone else to respect you if you don’t show respect. You don’t earn respect with a gun or by killing someone.
04-21-2021 10:42 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I'd like to be able to single out key members of the Black Community for failing to set and demand expectations for school performance, lack of consistent paternal influence, teenage pregnancy rate, and incarceration rate of their males. All of these are fertile ground, but when Cardi B is allowed to perform sex acts at the Grammys, to the applause of all those folks that say Blacks are marginalized and not given a fair shake in the modern world, yet encouraging them to act like animals in public, you can understand my frustration. If you are told you are a victim all of your life, you will likely ultimately believe that premise, even if given the same or better opportunities to rise above it. If you are told (and held accountable) that you are responsible for your actions, and the responsibilities you create, you likely will choose a different and better path. Black liberation, particularly economic liberation, comes from within, and the first step is to refuse to participate in Plantation economics of Democrat handouts and perpetual victimization, and decide and act that you can succeed in this country that offers more opportunity for all races than any other. Until we see progress in this area, I literally don't give a damn that some stupid and misled kid of any color committing a crime and not complying with police finds himself on the wrong end of a gunshot. Play your stupid games and win your stupid prizes.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021 09:40 AM by ODUsmitty.)
04-22-2021 12:48 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(04-22-2021 12:48 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  I'd like to be able to single out key members of the Black Community for failing to set and demand expectations for school performance, lack of consistent paternal influence, teenage pregnancy rate, and incarceration rate of their males. All of these are fertile ground, but when Cardi B is allowed to perform sex acts at the Grammys, to the applause of all those folks that say Blacks are marginalized and not given a fair shake in the modern world, yet encouraging them to act like animals in public, you can understand my frustration. If you are told you are a victim all of your life, you will likely ultimately believe that premise, even if given the same or better opportunities to rise above it. If you are told (and held accountable) that you are responsible for your actions, and the responsibilities you create, you likely will choose a different and better path. Black liberation, particularly economic liberation, comes from within, and the first step is to refuse to participate in Plantation economics of Democrat handouts and perpetual victimization, and decide and act that you can succeed in this country that offers more opportunity for all races than any other. Until we see progress in this area, I literally don't give a damn that some stupid and misled Black kid committing a crime and not complying with police finds himself on the wrong end of a gunshot. Play your stupid games and win your stupid prizes.

I basically agree with you but what we are seeing is not real America. Its the lowest common denominator and also the loudest. But overall it doesnt make up the biggest part of Black America.

I read a article, months ago, posted it on here (not going to take the time to find it) and Black America is out growing White America when it comes to "middle class". It gave a time range (I dont believe it was over 20 years but dont remember exactly) that Black America will pass up White America in the middle class. Not total numbers but each year after.

So a lot of Black America is not buying into victimhood or blaming others. Nope they set their sight on the American dream and going out and getting it. They are teaching their children whats possible if they work for it and set their goals.

That has not reached the intercity ghettos of the largest cities. That is what we are feed night after night and its that way to divide all of us. But you can tell by the number of black votes President Trump got....

more and more black people are seeing this for what it is. Just think about those numbers if the media had not pounded Trump for 4 years. The media is going to influence those black families in 2021 but less and less each year.

At some point when the number of blacks are high enough in the middle class. You will see the black voting block disappear that democrats depend on. At some point when your income is high enough...

you think about these government handouts and now you are paying for it.

You are never going to get rid of those looking for something for free and I'm not just pointing the finger at black people. But that's what this post is about so I want to stay on topic.

The world and this country is changing and some of us might not like it. Another 10 to 20 years you will see another shift where this country is rebuilt and branded by those black and white and brown....

middle class and that is when some of those values also start to shift for what I think will be the better. Making it through the next 10+ years will be the hard problem
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021 02:03 AM by WKUYG.)
04-22-2021 02:00 AM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Lebron? Lebron???
04-22-2021 05:38 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-22-2021 02:00 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 12:48 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  I'd like to be able to single out key members of the Black Community for failing to set and demand expectations for school performance, lack of consistent paternal influence, teenage pregnancy rate, and incarceration rate of their males. All of these are fertile ground, but when Cardi B is allowed to perform sex acts at the Grammys, to the applause of all those folks that say Blacks are marginalized and not given a fair shake in the modern world, yet encouraging them to act like animals in public, you can understand my frustration. If you are told you are a victim all of your life, you will likely ultimately believe that premise, even if given the same or better opportunities to rise above it. If you are told (and held accountable) that you are responsible for your actions, and the responsibilities you create, you likely will choose a different and better path. Black liberation, particularly economic liberation, comes from within, and the first step is to refuse to participate in Plantation economics of Democrat handouts and perpetual victimization, and decide and act that you can succeed in this country that offers more opportunity for all races than any other. Until we see progress in this area, I literally don't give a damn that some stupid and misled Black kid committing a crime and not complying with police finds himself on the wrong end of a gunshot. Play your stupid games and win your stupid prizes.
I basically agree with you but what we are seeing is not real America. Its the lowest common denominator and also the loudest. But overall it doesnt make up the biggest part of Black America.
I read a article, months ago, posted it on here (not going to take the time to find it) and Black America is out growing White America when it comes to "middle class". It gave a time range (I dont believe it was over 20 years but dont remember exactly) that Black America will pass up White America in the middle class. Not total numbers but each year after.
So a lot of Black America is not buying into victimhood or blaming others. Nope they set their sight on the American dream and going out and getting it. They are teaching their children whats possible if they work for it and set their goals.
That has not reached the intercity ghettos of the largest cities. That is what we are feed night after night and it's that way to divide all of us. But you can tell by the number of black votes President Trump got....
more and more black people are seeing this for what it is. Just think about those numbers if the media had not pounded Trump for 4 years. The media is going to influence those black families in 2021 but less and less each year.
At some point when the number of blacks are high enough in the middle class. You will see the black voting block disappear that democrats depend on. At some point when your income is high enough...
You are never going to get rid of those looking for something for free and I'm not just pointing the finger at black people. But that's what this post is about so I want to stay on topic.
The world and this country is changing and some of us might not like it. Another 10 to 20 years you will see another shift where this country is rebuilt and branded by those black and white and brown....
middle class and that is when some of those values also start to shift for what I think will be the better. Making it through the next 10+ years will be the hard problem

So here is my question.

You have described a wave that is cresting, and I tend to agree. Wouldn't it make sense for one political party to embrace that wave? I mean, if one party could lock in the votes of the middle class--red, brown, yellow, black, and white--wouldn't that party tend to dominate for the next century?

Democrats are not going to do that. "Keep 'em dumb, keep 'em poor, keep 'em dependent on handouts, and you'll keep 'em voting democrat." Until you can't keep 'em dumb and poor anymore.

Republicans, I'm looking at you.
04-22-2021 08:19 AM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I agree with Owl and WKUYG, and particularly the point both made that the economics, in my opinion, is much more of a telling factor than skin color, and a coalition of the economically viable would politically be a game-changer. Media really only reports on the inner-city generational morass and the events there, while forgetting significant progress has been made that is undereported and underappreciated.
04-22-2021 08:39 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(04-22-2021 08:19 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 02:00 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
That has not reached the intercity ghettos of the largest cities. That is what we are feed night after night and it's that way to divide all of us. But you can tell by the number of black votes President Trump got....

So here is my question.

You have described a wave that is cresting, and I tend to agree. Wouldn't it make sense for one political party to embrace that wave? I mean, if one party could lock in the votes of the middle class--red, brown, yellow, black, and white--wouldn't that party tend to dominate for the next century?

Democrats are not going to do that. "Keep 'em dumb, keep 'em poor, keep 'em dependent on handouts, and you'll keep 'em voting democrat." Until you can't keep 'em dumb and poor anymore.

Republicans, I'm looking at you.

Interesting that the Democratic strategy is the same as Marx' strategy.
04-22-2021 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.