Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News White People Can Help BLM by Holding Racist Relatives ‘to Account’ at Thanksgiving
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
White People Can Help BLM by Holding Racist Relatives ‘to Account’ at Thanksgiving
Quote:Vanderbilt University professor Michael Eric Dyson suggested Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Deadline” that white people could help the Black Lives Matter movement by holding their racist relatives “to account” at family gatherings such as Thanksgiving.

In a video, a man on the street told a reporter he Googled, “What can a white person do to help Black Lives Matter?”

Wallace asked, “Professor, you want to try to answer that for him? What can a white person do to help Black Lives Matter? ”

Dyson said, “There are many things that white brothers and sisters can do. First of all, they can operate within their own sphere, within their own comfort zones. When you go home for Thanksgiving, and you know that there are some nasty viewpoints being expressed and you know that there are some vituperative expressions being made against Black people, you got to hold your family to account.”

He continued, “Not nastily. Now eat your Thanksgiving first, get the turkey and your stuffing and dressing and your pumpkin pie, don’t be silly. But after you consume the beverages and you have frivolity, speak to them in your own circle, not nastily but directly, also at your own place of business. What are you doing to make sure that different voices are heard, different bodies are there, different perspectives are had? In your own institutions of higher education, are you making sure that people studying this as a measure of studying what happened in America as American history? What is the history of race?”

He added, “If you can get the grits together enough to have curiosity about the world — to Google it, yes, important but also have interactions with other people of color, with Black and Brown and Asian brothers and sisters. Talk to Indigenous people. Not just one. Don’t just have one black friend. You have to have a circle of people who can help you form opinions, direct your own study, satisfy curiosity and then start you on the road toward growth, toward engagement, and toward learning. Then read books, read articles, interact with those who know what they’re talking about. Go to lectures. Go to the library. These are some of the things that I think you can do to make a difference as a white person concerned about our culture and committed to racial justice.”

Link

I don't want to invite my Liberal Lefty Democrat relatives to thanksgiving!
04-21-2021 06:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: White People Can Help BLM by Holding Racist Relatives ‘to Account’ at Thanksgiving
Will be a lot of hungry ass honkies at Tgiving because you know none of those sorry phuckers know how to cook a turkey much less have a space larger than their bedroom to host a dinner. I could see my old man telling one of my kids or nieces/nephews "you get your ass out of here with that pshit and put that phuckin plate down on your way out".
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2021 06:54 PM by Eagleaidaholic.)
04-21-2021 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: White People Can Help BLM by Holding Racist Relatives ‘to Account’ at Thanksgiving
Come to my house and talk that trash and get your azz tossed.
04-21-2021 07:24 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
[03-lmfao

Frickin lunatics
04-21-2021 07:31 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
LMAO!!!! Sure, like I have nothing better to do at family gatherings than to talk about BLM or any other BS propaganda talking points of the Democratic Party. Newsflash Idiots we catch on old times and actually enjoy each other’s company. The last thing I’m concerned with is PC world during the holidays. You should try it too you may actually enjoy yours. That is if you can stop being a SJW for a couple of days. Must be miserable to be this guy always looking for fault in others. No thanks, I’ll pass.
04-21-2021 07:47 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Uhhh, that's a hard pass for the Smith family
04-21-2021 09:51 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
What if you dont have any libtard relatives? Can ol' Mike Dyson tell us what to do in that situation?
04-22-2021 07:44 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
It's one thing to call out someone if they are dropping the N word around Thanksgiving. But you if you try and support that BLM bullshti you gotta another thing coming. And to be honest, I'm pretty sure what these elitists' morons think takes place at Thanksgiving is much different than what actually takes place. Most white people are just eating, drinking, and watching football - not planning a KKK rally.
04-22-2021 08:22 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
This won’t be a problem in my household. We are all unified. We loathe BLM and all of their Progressive butt buddies.

No one in my family is racist and we have never used the n word. BLM and progressives have no idea what white families are really like. Just like most progressives only have their ideas of what black families are like.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021 08:31 AM by No Bull.)
04-22-2021 08:29 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I would like to think that most of us would correct a relative who said something blatantly racist at a family function.
04-22-2021 08:37 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(04-22-2021 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I would like to think that most of us would correct a relative who said something blatantly racist at a family function.

Correct? Seriously? I might disagree with their opinion, but I always respect that someone might have a different opinion than me. I don't force my opinion on anyone and I expect the same courtesy. I certainly am not going to "correct" someone like they're a child that misbehaved.

I understand social justice warriors can't relate to ideas like this.
04-22-2021 08:59 AM
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
I ain't gonna tell Uncle Larry anything especially when he starts getting drunk.
04-22-2021 09:02 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-22-2021 08:59 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I would like to think that most of us would correct a relative who said something blatantly racist at a family function.

Correct? Seriously? I might disagree with their opinion, but I always respect that someone might have a different opinion than me. I don't force my opinion on anyone and I expect the same courtesy. I certainly am not going to "correct" someone like they're a child that misbehaved.

I understand social justice warriors can't relate to ideas like this.

Uncle Mort, your opinion (which you are entitled to have) is wrong. My opinion, which I too am entitled to have, is correct! pass the yams....
04-22-2021 09:15 AM
49RFootballNow Online
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I would LOVE for the 2 or 3 people in my extended family who vote for the Commiecrats to open their mouths at a family event.

I'd record that **** and put it on YT.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021 11:29 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
04-22-2021 11:29 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-22-2021 09:02 AM)Danforth Wrote:  I ain't gonna tell Uncle Larry anything especially when he starts getting drunk.

We all have a crazy uncle.
04-22-2021 11:35 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Maybe I'll say something while we're having our thanksgiving family knife fights.
04-22-2021 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-22-2021 11:36 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Maybe I'll say something while we're having our thanksgiving family knife fights.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

+2
04-22-2021 11:38 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
If there is talk about BLM around my house, it will be about Bacon Letter ‘Mater sandwiches.
04-22-2021 11:42 AM
Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
I for one am proud of our friends on the left for admitting that we can go back to having Thanksgiving, instead of treating it as a day to huddle up at home with your mask on and prepare for Black Friday doorbusters.
04-22-2021 11:57 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU

If you tried this condescending action at most family gatherings you can expect the volume and room temperature to go up. Since you can’t choose your relatives you might want to take some advice. When my relatives bring up uncomfortable subjects I just give them a look like I’m taken back don’t respond and then abruptly change the subject.

Unfortunately for you SJWs out there in all my years of Holidays racial justice just doesn’t make the topic list. Guess most people have their own set of problems that are of a bigger concern of theirs.
04-22-2021 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.