Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2021-22 Ohio vs. 2018-19 Buffalo
Bookmark and Share
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
2021-22 Ohio vs. 2018-19 Buffalo
I have started to see some early comparisons to the potential of next year's Ohio season to what UB did in 2018-19.

I believe the Bobcats have the talent and the pieces to make a run of that nature, but I hope Ohio understands this and schedules accordingly in the non-conference season.

UB had the year they had because they beat 13th ranked West Virginia the second game of the season and went on the road and beat Syracuse and their only loss came at nationally-ranked Marquette.

If Ohio wants to make a push for an at-large bid, which we have all talked about would be great for this league, I hope they schedule hard and challenge themselves in non league play.
04-07-2021 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OUVan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
RE: 2021-22 Ohio vs. 2018-19 Buffalo
(04-07-2021 12:00 PM)BullBoy Wrote:  I have started to see some early comparisons to the potential of next year's Ohio season to what UB did in 2018-19.

I believe the Bobcats have the talent and the pieces to make a run of that nature, but I hope Ohio understands this and schedules accordingly in the non-conference season.

UB had the year they had because they beat 13th ranked West Virginia the second game of the season and went on the road and beat Syracuse and their only loss came at nationally-ranked Marquette.

If Ohio wants to make a push for an at-large bid, which we have all talked about would be great for this league, I hope they schedule hard and challenge themselves in non league play.

So many moving pieces in play. It's going to be fascinating to see what the rosters look like when the dust settles. Would love to get some of the big boys early.
04-09-2021 04:19 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: 2021-22 Ohio vs. 2018-19 Buffalo
yeah, i think veteran cohesive teams like OU should frontload the schedule and try and build a tournament resume while other teams are trying to figure out how to integrate lots of new guys.

buffalo had a couple things that OU doesn't. 1) a legit shotblocker (Mcrae) who could play inside on d, but shot the 3 and could space the floor on offense. and 2) a super-versatile and fast 6-7 guy in harris who could play almost any role and create mismatches.

OU has slower big guys, although they have their strengths. I think they need to add another wing or forward who can stretch the floor as a shooter or go over defenses as a leaper and finisher. Preston needs another weapon to occupy the defense and keep them from shading onto him, especially when roderick isn't on the floor. Ou does have a bit more interior depth than that Buffalo team did. UB had more physical lockdown defenders on the perimeter, although OU is trending to be a very good perimeter defense.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021 12:51 AM by pono.)
04-12-2021 12:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.