Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marquette MBB Coach fired
Bookmark and Share
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, wasn't our beloved Coach K on their staff previously? Just sayin..
03-19-2021 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Marquette MBB Coach fired
(03-19-2021 07:43 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but, wasn't our beloved Coach K on their staff previously? Just sayin..

Marquette has some very high standards.
03-19-2021 07:50 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(03-19-2021 07:43 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but, wasn't our beloved Coach K on their staff previously? Just sayin..

I believe TK was on Crean's staff. That's before the last two HC's.
03-19-2021 08:33 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(03-19-2021 08:33 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

I believe TK was on Crean's staff. That's before the last two HC's.

Yes he was when DeWayne Wade was there. This is one of the 2 places I was always figured he would have interest in moving up to. This would make a lot of people on this board happy if he takes this job but I am not one of them. First thing he would do it bring Ryan Rollins with him.
03-20-2021 07:26 AM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Certainly can see why Marquette would be a nice place for TK to want to finish his career, for a variety of reasons. If we had the Big Dance this season I think he’d be a candidate of interest to them; heck, if we’d made a little run in the NIT (or at least had beaten a Richmond team playing without its 2 leading scorers), I think his name would have some traction. But I wonder if the MU fan base would be all that excited about TK given his post-season troubles/record.
03-20-2021 07:55 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Not sure TK is actually a candidate for this. Not included on any of the rumors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-20-2021 11:46 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(03-20-2021 11:46 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  Not sure TK is actually a candidate for this. Not included on any of the rumors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked at article had 5 coaches listed Coach K not one of them.
03-22-2021 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Screwball Offline
All American

Looks like a deal with Shaka Smart of Texas is almost final. So Coach K isn't going there.
03-26-2021 10:58 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

Smart to Marquette? Great news for UT. I hope Coach K stays for a long time. I think this year was some of his best coaching yet. I mean we were a #6 Pre-season pick in The MAC. We ended up regular season Champs with season ending devastating injuries and a 9 man rotation. Didn't we end up with 22 wins? Not too shabby I say.
03-26-2021 12:40 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
smart to marquette is interesting. i always thought texas was a strange fit for him. there was a lot of buzz about porter moser heading there (marquette) after the tournament. my hope is TK stays as long as possible and keeps improving his coaching abilities and staff which has been the trajectory. will also be interesting to see what happens at indiana. that's a great and terrible job that's derailed a lot of careers in the post knight years.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021 01:33 PM by pono.)
03-26-2021 01:33 PM
Advertisement

nworocket Offline
Water Engineer

(03-26-2021 12:40 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  I hope Coach K stays for a long time.

When does TK have to get a team over the hump and into the NCAA Tournament? Five years, 10 years?
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021 08:05 PM by nworocket.)
03-26-2021 08:05 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

(03-26-2021 08:05 PM)nworocket Wrote:  
(03-26-2021 12:40 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  I hope Coach K stays for a long time.

When does TK have to get a team over the hump and into the NCAA Tournament? Five years, 10 years?

This year should show us how difficult that is.

The MAC is a 1 bid league, and probably should be.

And as we've witnessed, it's not easy to win the MAC title to get there.
03-26-2021 08:14 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
the MAC is on the cusp of being a 2 bid league, perpetually so, it seems. once every 3 or 4 years there's an at large caliber team but then they win the tourney and we don't get a second bid. really hard to predict next season as the transfers and extra year of eligibility things play out. tough year to make predictions. the thing with TK is the focus to improve. we saw the program move in the right direction this year, no doubt. we got good talent in the program with multiple years of eligibility ahead of them. next year's team probably gets a pass for the first third of the season to figure things out without leaders like spencer and marreon. then, you figure a mix of toughness and talent and coaching molds them into a contender for the regular season title. TK has to continue to develop his system, his best players, recruit well, and get the most out the talents of the staff, and maintain the culture and academic excellence of the program. lot to do, and most of it is being done well. i'm positive in that there are a bunch of talented, tough and athletic guys in the program; rollins, milner, edu, moss, saunders, shumate is a great core. and the recruits and hill add a lot of promise. plus, sooner or later the injury odds will tilt back in our favor. i also really want to make the tourney. i really like that we regularly put out a good team that's fun to watch and has some youthful cohesion and integrity. i mean you could have grown up an EMU fan when they knocked duke out of the tourney, won multiple mac titles, went to the sweet 16, sent 3 guys on 1 team to the NBA. and then, bamn, 20 plus years of total mediocrity. or ball state that had top 25 teams, went sweet 16, beat ucla and kansas back to back in the maui classic, had a lottery pick and then 20 years of mediocrity. for a mac program we're doing well.
03-26-2021 09:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.