Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Acunzo Transferring
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB Acunzo Transferring
Reported by Verbal Commits. That's certainly not the one that was expected or hoped for. That hurts.
03-19-2021 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

RE: Acunzo Transferring
Wow didn’t expect that one at all
03-19-2021 10:58 AM
PrettyGoodRocket Offline
Special Teams

This is a bad loss. Was a steadily improving forward throughout the year.
03-19-2021 10:58 AM
PrettyGoodRocket Offline
Special Teams

Komagum is also gone.
03-19-2021 10:59 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Komagum hopefully to a D2 where he can contribute a lot. Acunzo was getting time here and was growing. He would have been stuck in post though, do not see him starting at forward over Milner or Shumate. I hope this was for personal reasons but if not, wish him well also. Both will be missed by teammates.
03-19-2021 11:04 AM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Disappointed to lose Acunzo. Hopefully, TK can take the talent level up. UT has been needing to make some moves.
03-19-2021 11:05 AM
Advertisement

FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(03-19-2021 10:54 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Reported by Verbal Commits. That's certainly not the one that was expected or hoped for. That hurts.

Went to HS in the Philly area. Possibly wanted to be closer to home, even though he is from Italy...
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021 01:39 PM by FMRocket.)
03-19-2021 11:32 AM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

Sorry to see that both of them are leaving. Despite some deficiencies in their low post offense and defense they both played important roles this season and I was hoping for improvement next year. Kowalczyk has some important decisions to make right now about style of play and the roster for next year. At this moment Edu, Maranka and Shumate provide all the size and strength. Richmond took over the game Wed. by dominating the boards and pounding the ball inside. Hopefully K has a line on some tough, experienced, skilled bigs transferring into the program
03-19-2021 11:43 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
So UT spends tens of thousands of dollars repairing his screwed up foot and he leaves after one season.
03-19-2021 11:46 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Hate to see them go. Wouldn't be surprised that Coach K has a line on a impact big.
03-19-2021 11:46 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Apparently he knows something we don't??

UT gave Acunzo a ton of playing time his redshirt freshman season, a year after investing a ton of money into his injury as DetroitRocket mentions. What gives?
03-19-2021 12:13 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Acunzo Transferring
Like everyone else. This one is a head scratcher for me. As mentioned we stuck with him last year, he got significant playing time this year and I saw him as being a cornerstone for the next three. His arrow was pointing up. Disappointed on this one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
03-19-2021 12:32 PM
WHRocket Offline
2nd String

If I remember right, Acunzo played little or none in the second half of either of our last 2 games.
03-19-2021 12:59 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

TK said throughout the season on his Radio Show that they are actively searching the Transfer Portal as with the new waiver rules, those players can make immediate impacts unlike your standard high school recruits With that said, I would love for them to find if available a player like Ohio’s 6-8 Dwight Wilson III who filled a huge need for the Bobcats this season as they signed him late last recruiting season as basically a “one year rental” kind of like what Toledo did with T. Fletcher. Both players were obviously huge additions. It is obvious with the loss of Acunzo and Komagum, we need immediate help on the interior as was glaringly evident in our tournament losses to Ohio U and Richmond.
03-19-2021 01:03 PM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

Meanwhile in Indiana -
Senior standouts Trey Kaufman-Renn and Kooper Jacobi combined for 59 points and 24 rebounds to lead Creek, which claimed its 18th sectional title overall... Jacobi, meanwhile, netted 29 points. The 6-6 forward, a Toledo-signee, also grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/bo...3cdc7.html
03-19-2021 01:22 PM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

(03-19-2021 01:03 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  TK said throughout the season on his Radio Show that they are actively searching the Transfer Portal as with the new waiver rules, those players can make immediate impacts unlike your standard high school recruits With that said, I would love for them to find if available a player like Ohio’s 6-8 Dwight Wilson III who filled a huge need for the Bobcats this season as they signed him late last recruiting season as basically a “one year rental” kind of like what Toledo did with T. Fletcher. Both players were obviously huge additions. It is obvious with the loss of Acunzo and Komagum, we need immediate help on the interior as was glaringly evident in our tournament losses to Ohio U and Richmond.

Raise your hand if anyone thought Acunzo would transfer. I figured Komagum or Maranka, possible both. Acunzo with strength and low post defensive work could have helped. Maybe Acunzo sees himself as a perimeter player only. Acunzo will have some major defensive issues at this level guarding wing players though. Would think Emmanuel Little the 6’6” transfer from Southern Indiana DII is one. TK is setting himself up for roster issues if that’s the only Big he brings in as Milner, And Shumate will be gone after next year. I just saw Maranka is gone too. Sounds like we have more room for guards now.
03-19-2021 01:27 PM
Advertisement

WHRocket Offline
2nd String

(03-19-2021 01:22 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Meanwhile in Indiana -
Senior standouts Trey Kaufman-Renn and Kooper Jacobi combined for 59 points and 24 rebounds to lead Creek, which claimed its 18th sectional title overall... Jacobi, meanwhile, netted 29 points. The 6-6 forward, a Toledo-signee, also grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/bo...3cdc7.html

Kooper Jacoby’s team, Silver Creek, won their Regional last weekend. Jacoby scored 10 & 9 in two low scoring games.
03-19-2021 01:39 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

Wow, three guys gone. What's up with that?
03-19-2021 01:47 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

For those worried that we will not be able to replace the 3 transfers, there are multiple Centers and Power Forwards in the Transfer Portal that will have immediate eligibility next season. Now TK has to figure out which players will fit his style of play on the court and culture off the court. I throw out one name that I've seen play several times and that is Western Michigan Soph. 6-8, 250lb. Center/Power Forward Titus Wright who just put his name into the Transfer Portal after averaging 8.7ppg. and 5.4rpg while shooting 56% from the field. I am not sure what happened at Western Michigan and how he would fit in with Toledo, but I would think the coaches would do their due diligence as he is definitely someone that could help Toledo on the interior. He is from Georgia so maybe he'll want to go back closer to home.
03-19-2021 02:03 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2021 02:03 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  For those worried that we will not be able to replace the 3 transfers, there are multiple Centers and Power Forwards in the Transfer Portal that will have immediate eligibility next season. Now TK has to figure out which players will fit his style of play on the court and culture off the court. I throw out one name that I've seen play several times and that is Western Michigan Soph. 6-8, 250lb. Center/Power Forward Titus Wright who just put his name into the Transfer Portal after averaging 8.7ppg. and 5.4rpg while shooting 56% from the field. I am not sure what happened at Western Michigan and how he would fit in with Toledo, but I would think the coaches would do their due diligence as he is definitely someone that could help Toledo on the interior. He is from Georgia so maybe he'll want to go back closer to home.

That will have to learn the system. Update the dynamic not just for them but those already here who thought they knew their role....

The transfer game should never be first option. I think Maranka and Komagum can find better playing options but if forced out, I wouldn't mind coach going too. We should never consider an athlete as anything but here to go to school. Forcing a kid out forces them to change their academics. On their own, sure. Helping them find a landing spot if they wish to consider the option of leaving. Fine. But out into empty space should never happen. Let's hope it is never the latter case here.
03-19-2021 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.