Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU Alumni and Basketball
Bookmark and Share
KPJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
EMU Alumni and Basketball
I was intrigued by tonight's 6:30pm game between UW-Milwaukee and Cleveland State.
John Bowler is an Assistant Coach at UW-Milwaukee.
They play in the Horizon League semifinal against Cleveland State, where Tyler Jones is the Deputy Athletic Director.

Which made me wonder....
Where are other EMU alumni at with basketball now.

Charles and Carl Thomas are at Duquesne. Their team lost to A10 top seed, St. Bonaventure.

Earl Boykins is on the staff at Arkansas. They're 21-5 and the #2 in the conference and #8 in the nation. They won't play again until Friday.

Stan Heath is the Head Coach of the Lakeland Magic in the NBA's G-League.

Wendale Farrow is a HIGHLY regarded assistant coach with Women's Basketball at Cal Berkeley.

Lorenzo Neeley has been at Wayne State for SEVENTEEN years.

Milt Barnes is coaching the Boys Basketball program at Jackson High School here in Michigan.

Charles Ramsey is now coaching the Boys Basketball program at Ypsilanti Community High School. He is joined on the staff by former EMU PG LJ Frazier. LJ has filled in for Ramsey the last two games and is 1-1 over that time.

Former football and basketball team member, Travis Lewis is the head coach at St. Francis de Sales High School in Toledo and has been there for a while.

Jake Fosdick is leading the Boys Basketball program at Saline High School.

Mosi Barnes is an AD or coaches in the Indianapolis area and has for a number of years.

And Olivia Fouty is currently on the staff at New Mexico Highlands University with their Women's team.

Who am I missing?
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021 02:48 PM by KPJ.)
03-08-2021 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KPJ Offline
1st String

RE: EMU Alumni and Basketball
Carlos Medlock, Brandon Nazione, and Ray Lee are still playing overseas.

Karrington Ward was playing in a league in Canada, last I knew.

Tim Bond was in the G-League last year, but I'm not sure what's going on this season.

Darrell Combs (sad we lost him) has found success overseas.
03-08-2021 02:46 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Excellent!@
03-08-2021 03:14 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(03-08-2021 02:42 PM)KPJ Wrote:  I was intrigued by tonight's 6:30pm game between UW-Milwaukee and Cleveland State.
They play in the Horizon League semifinal against Cleveland State, where Tyler Jones is the Deputy Athletic Director.

Which made me wonder....

Charles and Carl Thomas are at Duquesne. Their team lost to A10 top seed, St. Bonaventure.

Earl Boykins is on the staff at Arkansas. They're 21-5 and the #2 in the conference and #8 in the nation. They won't play again until Friday.

Wendale Farrow is a HIGHLY regarded assistant coach with Women's Basketball at Cal Berkeley.

Milt Barnes is coaching the Boys Basketball program at Jackson High School here in Michigan.

Charles Ramsey is now coaching the Boys Basketball program at Ypsilanti Community High School. He is joined on the staff by former EMU PG LJ Frazier. LJ has filled in for Ramsey the last two games and is 1-1 over that time.

Former football and basketball team member, Travis Lewis is the head coach at St. Francis de Sales High School in Toledo and has been there for a while.

Mosi Barnes is an AD or coaches in the Indianapolis area and has for a number of years.

And Olivia Fouty is currently on the staff at New Mexico Highlands University with their Women's team.

Who am I missing?

i would like to point out that boykins is an administrator and not a coach
03-08-2021 03:34 PM
KPJ Offline
1st String

(03-08-2021 03:34 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 02:42 PM)KPJ Wrote:  I was intrigued by tonight's 6:30pm game between UW-Milwaukee and Cleveland State.

Which made me wonder....

Who am I missing?

Good point.
That's why it appears as "on staff" and not coaching.
03-08-2021 03:40 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

(03-08-2021 03:40 PM)KPJ Wrote:  

Which made me wonder....

Who am I missing?

Good point.

i just dont want other members of the board jumping in an pointing out he should be nominated for assistant of the year haha
03-08-2021 03:45 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(03-08-2021 02:46 PM)KPJ Wrote:  Carlos Medlock, Brandon Nazione, and Ray Lee are still playing overseas.

Karrington Ward was playing in a league in Canada, last I knew.

Tim Bond was in the G-League last year, but I'm not sure what's going on this season.

Darrell Combs (sad we lost him) has found success overseas.

Not sure is PJ Jackson overseas? Also JTIV and Minnie?
03-08-2021 03:45 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2021 03:45 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  

Which made me wonder....

Who am I missing?

Good point.

i just dont want other members of the board jumping in an pointing out he should be nominated for assistant of the year haha
Why do you feel the need to downgrade an absolute LEGEND at Eastern Michigan University? Anywhere else in the nation, the alumni would have a serious issue with you trying to tarnish his legacy and implying that he is not good enough or whatever else... to coach EMU. It is actually insulting.
03-08-2021 05:19 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-08-2021 05:19 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Which made me wonder....

Who am I missing?

Good point.

Why do you feel the need to downgrade an absolute LEGEND at Eastern Michigan University? Anywhere else in the nation, the alumni would have a serious issue with you trying to tarnish his legacy and implying that he is not good enough or whatever else... to coach EMU. It is actually insulting.

No Bob he was merely being factual, something that apparently disturbs "Bob's World", the land of fantasy where Maxx Crosby is an NFL bust, Sutton Smith by contrast is great and Joey Houser is a NBA draft pick this year.

Earl is not on-court coaching or recruiting for Arkansas, THAT IS FACT! For all we know this may be the choice of Earl himself. Archie Griffin at OSU, another legend, has made a pretty good living in sports administration. He's not recruiting and traveling all over the country begging HS kids to come play at his school. Most administrators as well are not job dependent on the head coach, like Mondro is to Murphy. Perhaps Earl (gasp) actually finds the job of helping athletes achieve their student goals rewarding as well.

Earl's jersey hangs off the rafters at the Convo as it should, his contribution to the University should ALWAYS be revered. That said, the gig he has now is very good and he should be congratulated for it. Maybe we should be looking at him for our future AD position.
03-08-2021 06:52 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I would happily hire Stan Heath.
03-08-2021 07:41 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2021 06:52 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 03:34 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  i would like to point out that boykins is an administrator and not a coach

Good point.

No Bob he was merely being factual, something that apparently disturbs "Bob's World", the land of fantasy where Maxx Crosby is an NFL bust, Sutton Smith by contrast is great and Joey Houser is a NBA draft pick this year.

Earl is not on-court coaching or recruiting for Arkansas, THAT IS FACT! For all we know this may be the choice of Earl himself. Archie Griffin at OSU, another legend, has made a pretty good living in sports administration. He's not recruiting and traveling all over the country begging HS kids to come play at his school. Most administrators as well are not job dependent on the head coach, like Mondro is to Murphy. Perhaps Earl (gasp) actually finds the job of helping athletes achieve their student goals rewarding as well.

Earl's jersey hangs off the rafters at the Convo as it should, his contribution to the University should ALWAYS be revered. That said, the gig he has now is very good and he should be congratulated for it. Maybe we should be looking at him for our future AD position.
Just to make you feel more like a fool, Hauser injured his ankle in December and has struggled to get back to full strength. You feel like a man insulting a student athlete? What a loser. Anyway what a game Sunday!!! Hauser came up big for the Spartans!!! I look for them to make a run in the tourney! Obviously, Hauser is going to come back to Michigan State next season after he rehabs, gets back to 100% and really gets to showcase his talents and I expect a HUGE season out of him! Go student athletes!
03-08-2021 07:50 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2021 07:41 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I would happily hire Stan Heath.
I'd settle for Stan. Not my first choice but he is certainly worthy.
03-08-2021 07:52 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-08-2021 07:50 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 03:40 PM)KPJ Wrote:  Good point.

Just to make you feel more like a fool, Hauser injured his ankle in December and has struggled to get back to full strength. You feel like a man insulting a student athlete? What a loser. Anyway what a game Sunday!!! Hauser came up big for the Spartans!!! I look for them to make a run in the tourney! Obviously, Hauser is going to come back to Michigan State next season after he rehabs, gets back to 100% and really gets to showcase his talents and I expect a HUGE season out of him! Go student athletes!

No NBA next season means $20K to EMU from Wickersham to EMU, that was the bet! "F**k yes, easy money" is what you said. I agree, go student athletes! Also PAY UP, LOUD MOUTHED BOARD WEASEL. When I proposed the bet, I was just enraged that you hijacked the EMU-MSU game post with your love of Houser. $20K does not scare me Bob but I was uneasy proposing such a bet and when you accepted, I was hardly sanguine. That said, I am a respectable man, I WAS prepared to pay up and based on your sports knowledge, I felt comfortable doing so.

Pay up WEASEL, unless you don't have the money. Based on your posts and their lack of intellect, I will understand. You seem to have a whole lot more going on between your nose and chin than you do in your back pocket. Bob, its cool if you don't have the scratch, just admit it and we all will feel fine, although I did indeed stake REAL funds in this bet. "Bob's World" apparently is one of poverty and braggadocio, we all now understand.

You OK with this Eagle King?
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021 06:43 PM by Jerry Weaver.)
03-08-2021 08:50 PM
KPJ Offline
1st String

Jake Fosdick coached Saline to a win over an LJ Frazier led Ypsilanti Grizzlies tonight.
Cleveland State (Tyler Jones as Deputy AD) defeated UWM with assistant coach John Bowler.
03-08-2021 09:12 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2021 08:50 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 03:45 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  i just dont want other members of the board jumping in an pointing out he should be nominated for assistant of the year haha

No NBA next season means $20K to EMU from Wickersham to EMU, that was the bet! "F**k yes, easy money" is what you said. I agree, go student athletes! Also PAY UP, LOUD MOUTHED BOARD WEASELS. When I proposed the bet, I was just enraged that you hijacked the EMU-MSU game post with your love of Houser. $20K does not scare me Bob but I was uneasy proposing such a bet and when you accepted, I was hardly sanguine. That said, I am a respectable man, I WAS prepared to pay up and based on your sports knowledge, I still felt comfortable doing so.

Pay up WEASEL, unless you don't have the money. Based on your posts and their lack of intellect, I will understand. You seem to have a whole lot more going on between your nose and chin than you do in your back pocket. Bob, its cool if you don't have the scratch, just admit it and we all will feel fine, although I did indeed stake REAL funds in this bet. "Bob's World" apparently is one of poverty and braggadocio, we all now understand.

What part of he is not going to make himself available for the draft don't you understand, Earl Weaver? He wasn't injured when I made my assessment. If he decides to enter the draft than the bet is on for next NBA season. If he returns to school it is on for the season after. Sounds like you are afraid to pay up for the following year. 20k to much for you Dream? I totally understand. I can set up an affordable payment plan for you. 03-lmfao
03-08-2021 09:18 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
Jerry and Bob, is there any way to quarantine your conversation to just one thread? this thread is awesome. i'd rather not have it polluted.

KPJ, thanks for pulling this info together!

for anyone looking for where alum are playing overseas, this is the best resource that i know of - https://www.usbasket.com/team/MAC/Easter...490?Page=4
03-09-2021 01:41 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(03-08-2021 09:12 PM)KPJ Wrote:  Jake Fosdick coached Saline to a win over an LJ Frazier led Ypsilanti Grizzlies tonight.
Cleveland State (Tyler Jones as Deputy AD) defeated UWM with assistant coach John Bowler.

I think Tyler had a gig with Ohio State athletic department when Heather was there. Worked with a former Ohio State football player who remembers Heather at Ohio State and Tyler and also played with one of the Hoyings.
03-09-2021 06:41 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

(03-08-2021 09:18 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 08:50 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 05:19 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Why do you feel the need to downgrade an absolute LEGEND at Eastern Michigan University? Anywhere else in the nation, the alumni would have a serious issue with you trying to tarnish his legacy and implying that he is not good enough or whatever else... to coach EMU. It is actually insulting.

No NBA next season means $20K to EMU from Wickersham to EMU, that was the bet! "F**k yes, easy money" is what you said. I agree, go student athletes! Also PAY UP, LOUD MOUTHED BOARD WEASELS. When I proposed the bet, I was just enraged that you hijacked the EMU-MSU game post with your love of Houser. $20K does not scare me Bob but I was uneasy proposing such a bet and when you accepted, I was hardly sanguine. That said, I am a respectable man, I WAS prepared to pay up and based on your sports knowledge, I still felt comfortable doing so.

What part of he is not going to make himself available for the draft don't you understand, Earl Weaver? He wasn't injured when I made my assessment. If he decides to enter the draft than the bet is on for next NBA season. If he returns to school it is on for the season after. Sounds like you are afraid to pay up for the following year. 20k to much for you Dream? I totally understand. I can set up an affordable payment plan for you. 03-lmfao

bob - im not dumping on boykins. im dumping on you.
03-09-2021 07:21 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

(03-09-2021 06:41 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 09:12 PM)KPJ Wrote:  Jake Fosdick coached Saline to a win over an LJ Frazier led Ypsilanti Grizzlies tonight.

I think Tyler had a gig with Ohio State athletic department when Heather was there. Worked with a former Ohio State football player who remembers Heather at Ohio State and Tyler and also played with one of the Hoyings.

You are correct.
Tyler was at OSU for a while before he went to Cleveland State.
03-09-2021 07:21 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-09-2021 01:41 AM)EMUAARON Wrote:  Jerry and Bob, is there any way to quarantine your conversation to just one thread? this thread is awesome. i'd rather not have it polluted.

KPJ, thanks for pulling this info together!

for anyone looking for where alum are playing overseas, this is the best resource that i know of - https://www.usbasket.com/team/MAC/Easter...490?Page=4

That is very good info Aaron!

Your concerns concerning me and big mouth-NO money Weaselsham are duly noted. An empty drum is indeed the most noisy with little yield inside. I was duped and now done.
03-09-2021 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.