Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are we going to Vegas, or nah?
Bookmark and Share
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
MyBB Are we going to Vegas, or nah?
Since I have sufficiently harassed the conference, commissioner, and on-air talent this afternoon with no reply, I figured I'd turn to my friends here and see if anyone has word on whether or not fans are actually going to be permitted to attend the WAC tournament in Vegas?

I haven't heard a word, but presume the WAC would be taking a bath on the arena and room blocks if fans are not allowed. By the second week of March, surely there will be some individuals outside of the teams themselves who have been fully vaccinated and willing to attend (i.e. PAY TO GO) the tournament. I'm just curious if you guys are hearing anything.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021 08:09 PM by gleadley.)
02-02-2021 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

RE: Are we going to Vegas, or nah?
We have an answer directly from the Commish himself (lest anyone try to convince you in 3 days that their "sources" told them the exact same information).
02-02-2021 09:41 PM
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
(02-02-2021 09:41 PM)gleadley Wrote:  We have an answer directly from the Commish himself (lest anyone try to convince you in 3 days that their "sources" told them the exact same information).

Good work Gabe Leadley. I'd like to head out there for the tourney.
02-03-2021 09:33 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(02-03-2021 09:33 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(02-02-2021 09:41 PM)gleadley Wrote:  We have an answer directly from the Commish himself (lest anyone try to convince you in 3 days that their "sources" told them the exact same information).

Good work Gabe Leadley. I'd like to head out there for the tourney.

Same. And since the cancellation of the WAC tournament was the first time this pandemic personally impacted many of us, it'd be nice to return a year later (obviously socially distanced and all necessary safety precautions in place) to enjoy some basketball with friends and strangers (but ALL WAC brethren) in our new societal normal.

For what it's worth, I looked at the Clark County, NV COVID numbers and they are in decent decline. If that keeps up for a couple weeks, there may be hope that the WAC can welcome more fans than it appears they could under current guidelines.

Anyone can click here to read a helpful article from September that a buddy of mine found, but based on the Orleans Arena's 9500 capacity number, it appears the WAC would only be able to have max attendance of 950 people spread out into 4 separate zones of the arena with no more than 250 individuals socially distanced within each zone. Additionally, each zone would also need to have it's own entrance, exit, and staffing.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021 10:26 AM by gleadley.)
02-03-2021 10:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.