Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Tourneys
Bookmark and Share
Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
CAA Tourneys
Have the geniuses at the CAA League office explained how they plan on seeding the tourneys if some teams have played a full schedule, while other teams have only played two thirds? Some teams might not play each other at all. Seeding based on win percentage? Seeding based on raw number of wins? Every week has a T/W/TH in it from now till the beginning of March. Reschedule the damn games!
01-18-2021 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: CAA Tourneys
(01-18-2021 10:48 PM)Tribester Wrote:  Have the geniuses at the CAA League office explained how they plan on seeding the tourneys if some teams have played a full schedule, while other teams have only played two thirds? Some teams might not play each other at all. Seeding based on win percentage? Seeding based on raw number of wins? Every week has a T/W/TH in it from now till the beginning of March. Reschedule the damn games!

https://twitter.com/CAASports

jdantonio@caasports.com

smurphy@caasports.com
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021 12:19 AM by WMInTheBurg.)
01-19-2021 12:17 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
I imagine this will be an issue for every conference. Not much can be done other than potentially extending the season to allow games to be made up. Some leagues have a larger disparity in games played than the CAA does. Also, some teams are shutting it down. Both the Duke and UVA women's teams cancelled the remainder of their seasons. So, there is a possibility that a few teams(especially those off to poor starts) just pack it in. Hopefully, that doesn't happen in the CAA(well aside from what Delaware already did).

We could see things improve significantly by April and conference tourneys could be played as well as an NCAA tourney(NIT?). We could have a great second semester for students and staff with low COVID transmission numbers and high percentages of vaccination. But, we could also see the reverse and a lot of panic. The move to Harrisonburg was likely designed to give the league a chance for multiple practice facilities and hopefully a lower level of infection. Also, perhaps some flexibility on the tourney date exists. If the CAA holds its tourney in early March and the postseason tourneys don't start for a month, that would be a long layoff for any postseason teams. Given the number of games already postponed, it would be amazing if the CAA is able to get all 10 tourney games played as scheduled whenever the teams are able to show up.
01-19-2021 09:31 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

OK, so the NCAA currently has a plan to play during the usual March to early April timeframe all within the state of Indiana.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men...ampionship
01-19-2021 10:11 AM
NoBidNation Offline
Water Engineer

Don't think the CAA has released it on their website, but Shane Mettlen from the Daily News-Record in Harrisonburg went over it in a recent article:

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/college...27934.html

From the article: "To be eligible for the CAA championship, teams must play 13 games total, the minimum required by the NCAA to participate in the national tournament.

Seeding for the CAA Tournament is based on winning percentage with teams playing a minimum of eight conference games. A team that plays fewer than eight will have losses added to its record to make up the difference. For example, an 8-0 record would be considered undefeated. A 6-0 record would become 6-2 for seeding purposes.

One caveat is if the average number of conference games played falls below eight, then each team must play no more than two fewer than the average total."
01-19-2021 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wml33t Online
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
(01-19-2021 11:00 AM)NoBidNation Wrote:  Don't think the CAA has released it on their website, but Shane Mettlen from the Daily News-Record in Harrisonburg went over it in a recent article:

From the article: "To be eligible for the CAA championship, teams must play 13 games total, the minimum required by the NCAA to participate in the national tournament.

Seeding for the CAA Tournament is based on winning percentage with teams playing a minimum of eight conference games. A team that plays fewer than eight will have losses added to its record to make up the difference. For example, an 8-0 record would be considered undefeated. A 6-0 record would become 6-2 for seeding purposes.

One caveat is if the average number of conference games played falls below eight, then each team must play no more than two fewer than the average total."

Great detail - thanks NBN!
01-19-2021 12:39 PM
Advertisement

Tribe2011 Offline
2nd String

(01-19-2021 11:00 AM)NoBidNation Wrote:  Don't think the CAA has released it on their website, but Shane Mettlen from the Daily News-Record in Harrisonburg went over it in a recent article:

So it's unlikely to be an issue, but hypothetically if we somehow didn't hit 8 conference games we'd be hit with a loss for the game UD refused to play.
01-19-2021 12:42 PM
Tribal Offline

CAA Tourneys
NCAA may provide a waiver as they did to allow Ohio State to participate in the football playoffs. Of course, we're not Ohio State and I'm not confident our administration would kick up much of a fuss.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021 01:01 PM by Tribal.)
01-19-2021 01:01 PM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(01-19-2021 12:42 PM)Tribe2011 Wrote:  

So it's unlikely to be an issue, but hypothetically if we somehow didn't hit 8 conference games we'd be hit with a loss for the game UD refused to play.

I think that more to the point, Delaware will probably have little incentive to agree to come back to Williamsburg to play the postponed game, and will have snatched a very possible win from our total had the game been played when scheduled. The fact that Covid had no impact on their roster size that day is what irritates the heck out of me.
01-19-2021 01:08 PM
LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ucla
(01-19-2021 01:08 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  

I think that more to the point, Delaware will probably have little incentive to agree to come back to Williamsburg to play the postponed game, and will have snatched a very possible win from our total had the game been played when scheduled. The fact that Covid had no impact on their roster size that day is what irritates the heck out of me.

Your exactly right !!
It more than irritates me, I'm still waiting for an explanation why this was allowed to happen,and who was accountable for it. But like everything else we are not entitled to one,we just pay their salaries.
01-19-2021 02:36 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

It probably bothers me more that a win would have put the Tribe 3-3 right now which is much better than I expected given the early schedule and in a 3rd place tie. We have so many reasons to dislike Delaware's basketball program.

The best scenario would be for the Hens to get totally healthy, return to Williamsburg and have the Tribe beat them again. Then, end the year with another Tribe win over the Hens in the tournament.
01-19-2021 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

CAA Tourneys
We have 4 tough games coming up. Let's focus on CoC & Towson.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
01-19-2021 04:11 PM
LeadBolt Online
All American

March 10, 2014
01-20-2021 08:23 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

(01-20-2021 08:23 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  March 10, 2014

Do you remember how surreal it felt with about 2 minutes left in the game?
01-20-2021 09:05 AM
TribeFan1983 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wm & Mary
(01-20-2021 09:05 AM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  

I mostly remember screaming at the TV during the last two minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbZEfrXYzE
01-20-2021 10:18 AM
Tribester Offline
Banned

Charleston games canceled. Let the two week vacation begin
01-20-2021 10:22 AM
Advertisement

Tribe2011 Offline
2nd String

(01-19-2021 02:36 PM)LION KING Wrote:  
(01-19-2021 01:08 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  

Your exactly right !!
It more than irritates me, I'm still waiting for an explanation why this was allowed to happen,and who was accountable for it. But like everything else we are not entitled to one,we just pay their salaries.

On the flip side, being able to legitimately ridicule a rival for years is priceless.
01-20-2021 10:29 AM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

We were pretty proactive in OOC play about finding replacements, maybe we can get someone else this weekend? Even if it's another OOC game, might as well get in as many reps as we can
01-20-2021 10:30 AM
LeadBolt Online
All American

Yes, I was present and don't think I'll ever fully recover from the absurdity of the ending.

Couldn't believe the missed free throws down the stretch by Omar.

Watching Delaware big man (Baptiste?) twice aggressively push his way to the basket with no offensive foul call.

When Rusthoven came wide open in the lane as Marcus had the ball before the last shot, I thought the game was going to end with a wide open layup.

I was standing up in the aisle ready to go onto the floor.

I can't believe we let them weasel out of the recent game.
01-20-2021 10:34 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

(01-20-2021 10:34 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  

Yes, I was present and don't think I'll ever fully recover from the absurdity of the ending.

Couldn't believe the missed free throws down the stretch by Omar.

Watching Delaware big man (Baptiste?) twice aggressively push his way to the basket with no offensive foul call.

When Rusthoven came wide open in the lane as Marcus had the ball before the last shot, I thought the game was going to end with a wide open layup.

I was standing up in the aisle ready to go onto the floor.

I can't believe we let them weasel out of the recent game.

I was probably standing in the same aisle.
01-20-2021 12:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.