Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Its a big fat lie
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
Its a big fat lie
I realize this is captain obvious stuff for some here, but it bears repeating many times.

Trump did NOT incite violence on the capital, he told his people to go and peacefully protest and make their voices heard.

Trump has every right to tell his people to "fight" for their country and peacefully protect at the capital, the left uses FAR harsher language than that all the time and it has routinely led to violence.

I don't agree with him giving his voters false hope like he did, and I don't agree with how he did Mike Pence. And I am glad Pence stood up to him on it.

But the charge that Trump incited violence is just a big fat lie.

And they are using that LIE to enact fascist nazi behavior againt Trump, anyone who has worked for him and millions of his voters and supporters.

If theses things go unchecked and unchallenged, then dark days are ahead for America because just like that was are a fascist nation with half the public in full support of it.

In other words we are already checkmated by the Marxists. Its over.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 07:44 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
01-14-2021 07:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Its a big fat lie
(01-14-2021 07:41 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  I realize this is captain obvious stuff for some here, but it bears repeating many times.

Trump did NOT incite violence on the capital, he told his people to go and peacefully protest and make their voices heard.

Trump has every right to tell his people to "fight" for their country and peacefully protect at the capital, the left uses FAR harsher language than that all the time and it has routinely led to violence.

I don't agree with him giving his voters false hope like he did, and I don't agree with how he did Mike Pence. And I am glad Pence stood up to him on it.

And they are using that LIE to enact fascist nazi behavior againt Trump, anyone who has worked for him and millions of his voters and supporters.

If theses things go unchecked and unchallenged, then dark days are ahead for America because just like that was are a fascist nation with half the public in full support of it.

I do not think that is the case. These people probably have an upper hand right now in terms of who can call the shots, but far too many people who do not agree with this still remain silent. Rational people (which are the vast majority) see the ebbs and flows of all of this and choose not to over react to the moment.

Those extreme left/right are getting all the attention because they are making all the noise. Both sides can and will be suffocated if there is a real effectual change to our American way of life.

For example:
- If the reality of taking away of our right to arms was really going to happen, there would be massive pushback
- If real live censorship was to come to pass, there would be massive pushback
- Real tax increases would have massive push back; My annual tax rate is not much different now than it was 10 years ago, it is just different calculations to get there.
- China sucks, but they make all the cool schidt we like to use and do not really care how much it costs. If that pipeline was truly shut off, people would be pissed and push back.

All of this political grandstanding and chest pumping is just that. Most are smart enough to read through the rhetoric to not get riled up and therefore remain silent. It is fund to banter on this board about this stuff, but frankly my life has not really changed much for the worse in 10 years.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 08:34 AM by Eldonabe.)
01-14-2021 08:34 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(01-14-2021 08:34 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(01-14-2021 07:41 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  I realize this is captain obvious stuff for some here, but it bears repeating many times.

I do not think that is the case. These people probably have an upper hand right now in terms of who can call the shots, but far too many people who do not agree with this still remain silent. Rational people (which are the vast majority) see the ebbs and flows of all of this and choose not to over react to the moment.

Those extreme left/right are getting all the attention because they are making all the noise. Both sides can and will be suffocated if there is a real effectual change to our American way of life.

For example:
- If the reality of taking away of our right to arms was really going to happen, there would be massive pushback
- If real live censorship was to come to pass, there would be massive pushback
- Real tax increases would have massive push back; My annual tax rate is not much different now than it was 10 years ago, it is just different calculations to get there.
- China sucks, but they make all the cool schidt we like to use and do not really care how much it costs. If that pipeline was truly shut off, people would be pissed and push back.

All of this political grandstanding and chest pumping is just that. Most are smart enough to read through the rhetoric to not get riled up and therefore remain silent. It is fund to banter on this board about this stuff, but frankly my life has not really changed much for the worse in 10 years.

There is no denying the fascist attacks via cancel culture that have followed since Jan 6th. Its not something that is even debatable

The question is will the the media begin to push back against it.

If they don't the big corporations will be emboldened and double down on the current wave.

Every single country in history that has fallen to this stuff has gone down this same path, with most of the public in total denial that it can happen or is happening at all, but its does happen and by the time they realize it its too late.
01-14-2021 08:59 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I would just say lets go get 'em next time, but they flat out stole this election and there is no accountability for it. Not in the media, not in the courts, not with the sellouts in congress already.

So what do we do? If they stole this one, they'll steal the next one. They have all the power.

I'm not optimistic. Not at all.
01-14-2021 09:11 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
01-14-2021 09:31 AM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
They do NOT have all the power. They have a very slim advantage in each house. You only need to sway a few opinions on any given subject.
01-14-2021 09:32 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

They are overstepping. They will likely lose the House and Senate in 2022.

Its disturbing we have so many Republicans who aren't adults in DC and won't speak the truth.
01-14-2021 09:34 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-14-2021 09:11 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I would just say lets go get 'em next time, but they flat out stole this election and there is no accountability for it. Not in the media, not in the courts, not with the sellouts in congress already.

So what do we do? If they stole this one, they'll steal the next one. They have all the power.

Don't the GOP control most of the state houses? How about you enact some voting process reforms that should have been done years ago. Do it now so it can get through the courts before November 2022.
01-14-2021 09:57 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(01-14-2021 09:57 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(01-14-2021 09:11 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I would just say lets go get 'em next time, but they flat out stole this election and there is no accountability for it. Not in the media, not in the courts, not with the sellouts in congress already.

Don't the GOP control most of the state houses? How about you enact some voting process reforms that should have been done years ago. Do it now so it can get through the courts before November 2022.

Yes, they do. And many of those states also control the governor's office. Some even have super majorities like Tennessee.

And yet they get absolutely nothing done. Education still sucks from the previous 140 years of Democrat control.
01-14-2021 10:00 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-14-2021 08:34 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  - China sucks, but they make all the cool schidt we like to use and do not really care how much it costs. If that pipeline was truly shut off, people would be pissed and push back.

China pipeline could be replaced. There are millions with similar demographics in Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and India. We could reprise Truman's 1940s bribing up an alliance to contain China. We give you military protection against China's adventurism, and we relocate jobs from China to you, and in exchange you play on our team.
01-14-2021 10:41 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

Its a really stunning place we are in. Though its an obvious lie, everyone is too scared or dishonest to call it out.

We are already in a place where dissent is being silenced by intimidation and threats of retaliation through the biggest corporations in the world.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 10:57 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
01-14-2021 10:56 AM
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(01-14-2021 08:59 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  There is no denying the fascist attacks via cancel culture that have followed since Jan 6th. Its not something that is even debatable

The question is will the the media begin to push back against it.

If they don't the big corporations will be emboldened and double down on the current wave.

Every single country in history that has fallen to this stuff has gone down this same path, with most of the public in total denial that it can happen or is happening at all, but its does happen and by the time they realize it its too late.

Why would the media push back, they're complicit in the lies. They are run by the left.
01-14-2021 11:39 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

This will all play out in the Senate and various courts of law around the nation. However, Trump invited them to DC. Why? What did he want them to do? He asked them to "fight like hell", for what? Who were they fighting?
01-14-2021 11:40 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(01-14-2021 11:40 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  This will all play out in the Senate and various courts of law around the nation. However, Trump invited them to DC. Why? What did he want them to do? He asked them to "fight like hell", for what? Who were they fighting?

He told them specially to engage in a peaceful protest.
01-14-2021 11:43 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
But I thought all those people were Antifa. The only lie I remember is the one trump told when he said he would walk with them. And the video doesn't show a peaceful group. They were ready to hang pence. Why do you need restraints, guns and armor for a peaceful demonstration.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 11:58 AM by cb4029.)
01-14-2021 11:58 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(01-14-2021 11:58 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  But I thought all those people were Antifa. The only lie I remember is the one trump told when he said he would walk with them. And the video doesn't show a peaceful group. They were ready to hang pence. Why do you need restraints, guns and armor for a peaceful demonstration.

99% of the protesters were peaceful. It was a tiny percentage who were not and there is no excusing their behavior no matter if they were antifa or Trump supporters.

But the fact remains that its a total lie that Trump induced a riot.

He was very specific that he was asking for a peaceful protest.
01-14-2021 12:03 PM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(01-14-2021 11:43 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(01-14-2021 11:40 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  This will all play out in the Senate and various courts of law around the nation. However, Trump invited them to DC. Why? What did he want them to do? He asked them to "fight like hell", for what? Who were they fighting?

Not at the rally before they rioted. He did after it was over and he was safe inside the Oval Office.
01-14-2021 12:08 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(01-14-2021 12:03 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(01-14-2021 11:58 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  But I thought all those people were Antifa. The only lie I remember is the one trump told when he said he would walk with them. And the video doesn't show a peaceful group. They were ready to hang pence. Why do you need restraints, guns and armor for a peaceful demonstration.

99% of the protesters were peaceful. It was a tiny percentage who were not and there is no excusing their behavior no matter if they were antifa or Trump supporters.

But the fact remains that its a total lie that Trump induced a riot.

He was very specific that he was asking for a peaceful protest.

-He lied to them for 2 months about voter fraud that he could never prove.
-He invited them (via Twitter) to DC on January 6th.
-He and others riled up the crowd with incendiary words.
-The rioters who committed crimes specifically said that they were doing it because DJT told them to.

I'm sure that a court will sort it out but he's probably got some liability.
01-14-2021 12:11 PM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(01-14-2021 11:43 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

To Democrats, a peaceful protest means to burn, loot, riot, and murder. It's only a "violent riot" when it's not a Democrat approved gathering. The funny thing is, of the number of people who gathered in DC only a very small minority acted out, yet the whole group was labeled as violent extremists and "white supremacists," and by extension any of us who are not kissing Biden's pinky ring. The vast majority of those in attendance were peaceful.
01-14-2021 12:15 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-14-2021 09:57 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

That's where people need to focus.
01-14-2021 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.