Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Twitch Partner Goes On Insanely Racist Rant, Declares "White Lives Don't Matter"
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Twitch Partner Goes On Insanely Racist Rant, Declares "White Lives Don't Matter"
Quote:The most popular live streaming platform for gaming known as “Twitch” featured one of their partners on their front page who, upon further inspection, had gone on a horrifically racist rant against white people. Now the streamer is claiming that calling him out on his racism is racism itself.

Omega Jones, known by his handle “Critical Bard,” was live streaming on Monday after being highlighted by Twitch itself. Viewers bringing up past public statements he had made where Jones had gone on a “white lives don’t matter” rant where he invalidated the idea that there is even such a thing as “white people.”

Twitch had recently taken down a popular emote due to the person it was based on had made unacceptable comments about the Capitol Hill riot according to Twitter, and had replaced the emote with Jones. When they called both Jones and Twitch out on this, Jones claimed it wasn’t the same.

“Totally not the same,” said Jones during the stream. “I’m not condemning an entire people and defending insurrectionists and people who did some headassery. I’m saying that when you say, “white lives matter” they don’t and I’ll say that again whether I’m a Twitch Partner or not just so you know. “White lives” don’t matter because “white lives” aren’t a thing.”

“You can be proud of being Italian. You can be proud of being Scottish. You cannot be proud of being ‘white’, it’s not a thing,” said Jones.

“On the flip side, black folk have to say, “black lives matter” because we were stolen from a country that we loved and were forced to be here stripped of our heritage and our identities all we know is our ‘blackness’,” he continued. “There’s a difference between saying “black lives matter” and “white lives matter.”

People came to Jones’s defense, claiming that what he was saying wasn’t racist, but tweets brought up from earlier in 2020 prove otherwise. In some of his tweets, he declared that he didn’t care about “white feelings” and that

Jones seems to be proud of his racist stances and tweeted them out in a collage, declaring he stands by them.

Jones seems to think he’s the victim of racist attacks, however. According to him, his words were twisted to make him appear as the villain.

The bottom line is that he is the villain. What Jones said is at worst highly racist and bigoted and at best incredibly hypocritical. His ideas that racism can’t exist against white people is a product of shallow thinking born out of bigotry and taught to people at universities.

Those who subscribe to the belief that you can’t be racist to white people see things through the lens of who is in power. They believe white people hold all the power on Earth and thus any “racism” against white people is just “prejudice.” In order to be racist one must have power and prejudice.

It’s an asinine idea and if you strip away the social justice coat of paint they put over it you’ll see that it’s just an attempt at justifying hatred and bigotry toward a race. Jones is a racist whether he wants to admit it or not.

But Jones is just a fraction of the problem.

The real problem lies with the fact that Twitch had all this information on their hands and still selected him to be highlighted. It’s also highly doubtful that he’ll lose his partner status for this kind of rant. This kind of favoritism is only going to spur more racism as those who hold that kind of bigotry and hate in their heart will only become more emboldened.

Link
01-16-2021 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Twitch Partner Goes On Insanely Racist Rant, Declares "White Lives Don't Matt...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6HO4TO-6ivmGAtklmIRa...p;usqp=CAU]
01-16-2021 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Twitch Partner Goes On Insanely Racist Rant, Declares "White Lives Don't Matt...
Next years helmet sticker

WLDM

Catchy
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2021 12:22 PM by shere khan.)
01-16-2021 12:21 PM
Advertisement

BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB

01-16-2021 12:23 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Twitch Partner Goes On Insanely Racist Rant, Declares "White Lives Don't Matter"
If I cared to I'm sure I could go back to 2008 when I first joined here and find comments I made about equality. They don't want equality, they never did and never will. There's no such thing anyway.
01-16-2021 12:58 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
This is some video game nerd, correct?
01-16-2021 03:18 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-16-2021 03:18 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  This is some video game nerd, correct?

Are you saying video game nerd lives don't matter?
01-16-2021 05:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
RE: Twitch Partner Goes On Insanely Racist Rant, Declares "White Lives Don't Matter"
#healing
01-16-2021 05:54 PM
450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
Who is this clown?
01-16-2021 06:05 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Remember...only Blacks can be racist. And no one better contradict them that they aren't. How many times have you seen racist rants on tv by almost everyone, sports heroes, celebrities, singers, actors, etc. but it's okay but heck if a white person would ever repeat the same things these people say but change the white to black then all hell will break loose (even if I think hell has broken loose already and is all around us).
01-16-2021 06:32 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Somebody needs to take this fool's lunch money and pull his drores over his head and bring him back into reality.
01-16-2021 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.