Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BRENT STOCKSTILL to the RESCUE?
Bookmark and Share
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
BRENT STOCKSTILL to the RESCUE?
02-13-banana Baby Boy has returned to MT to save Daddy Stockstill's Bacon. Just hired the former CUSA MVP and all-time MT star QB as Wide Receivers Coach for the Raiders. At least, he has actually been inside a Rutherford County High School. Not sure his dad ever went inside one to recruit anybody. So, maybe recruiting will improve. Brent was the classic overachiever as a ball player. But, not sure it's the best career move for our young hero. 07-coffee3 Check back in a couple of years.
01-09-2021 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagNBran Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: BRENT STOCKSTILL to the RESCUE?
Does he have any experience?
01-09-2021 02:35 PM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
Good question. I'd use the money to hire someone with some actual coaching experience. What the hell is going on at MTSU?
01-09-2021 03:48 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
He is still a Stock(still)
01-09-2021 05:04 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(01-09-2021 02:35 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  Does he have any experience?

Not sure MT cares about the length of experience/ Pretty sure we already have the oldest coaching staff in CUSA and you see how that has worked out for us 03-lmfao

three years combined for FAU and USF? But, I don't know if he has ever coached wide receivers.
01-09-2021 05:15 PM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Hopefully he can avoid injury in a coaching capacity.
01-09-2021 07:43 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
I believe this is an excellent hire. One of the smartest qb’s I’ve seen play. Work for Kiffin. When he was a qb you knew he would be a HC one day.MTSU is lucky to have him
01-09-2021 08:27 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I dont see a problem with a former qb being a WR coach. Who would be better to teach a player where to be or to get to that point than a qb that has to throw the ball to a spot on most throws. A qb has to know and understand all the routes the WRs run.
01-10-2021 12:51 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(01-10-2021 12:51 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  I dont see a problem with a former qb being a WR coach. Who would be better to teach a player where to be or to get to that point than a qb that has to throw the ball to a spot on most throws. A qb has to know and understand all the routes the WRs run.

I don’t think it’s a bad hire, but routes are one thing, technique is another. It’s not like he can’t learn it and teach it, he’s a smart dude.
01-10-2021 01:10 AM
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Someone on gomiddle.com commented, this completes a bucket list item for stock to coach with his son. If that helps get CRS out the door sooner than later, then it is a tolerable distraction. It does nothing to turn this program around. Like Brent a lot, but this is not a wise career move on his part. The nepotism in this damn athletic program is beyond ridiculous.
01-10-2021 06:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
It’s just a WR coach. He didn’t hire him to be the OC or anything. Not that big of deal. I think it’s a good thing to get your son into coaching, there are a lot less accomplished players as position coaches.
01-10-2021 09:58 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-10-2021 06:53 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  The nepotism in this damn athletic program is beyond ridiculous.

This.
01-10-2021 10:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.