Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charleston
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Charleston
We tip off shortly against the cougars. We are 2 point underdogs. CofC is struggling at 3-6 but favored. Our long lay off will certainly give us a slow start. But this is a team we have got to beat. At worst get a split, but I would really like to see us come out and take care of business.

Drexel- 72
CofC- 70

Drexel- 76
CofC- 68
01-09-2021 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

RE: Charleston
Video on Flo Hoops isn't working. This really sucks.
01-09-2021 01:11 PM
J.B. Offline

Here is the audio link, but I'm pissed that the CAA forces us into a pay service and the video isn't working. Drexel leads 13-4 in the game nobody can watch.

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/in...lSign=WTMZ
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021 01:19 PM by J.B..)
01-09-2021 01:18 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(01-09-2021 01:18 PM)J.B. Wrote:  Here is the audio link, but I'm pissed that the CAA forces us into a pay service and the video isn't working. Drexel leads 13-4 in the game nobody can watch.

Thanks for confirming the Flosports failure. I was beginning to wonder if it was me.

Plus how can you tell if the game is men or women (other than today which is obvious).
01-09-2021 01:25 PM
J.B. Offline

(01-09-2021 01:25 PM)Timer Wrote:  
(01-09-2021 01:18 PM)J.B. Wrote:  Here is the audio link, but I'm pissed that the CAA forces us into a pay service and the video isn't working. Drexel leads 13-4 in the game nobody can watch.

Thanks for confirming the Flosports failure. I was beginning to wonder if it was me.

Plus how can you tell if the game is men or women (other than today which is obvious).

You can't and it's really annoying. At least today's Drexel Women's game is on TV today. I DVR'd the women's game and planned to watch it later, but I might just watch it at 2 if there's no video for MBB.
01-09-2021 01:27 PM
J.B. Offline

This on the Drexel Basketball Facebook Page.

"Due to technical difficulties, there will be no audio or video feed for today's Drexel Men's Basketball game against the College of Charleston."
01-09-2021 01:30 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

There is audio through CofC website and ESPN radio. Cam having a rough day. First half went well but its getting away from us as we go back and forth down the stretch.
01-09-2021 02:48 PM
J.B. Offline

Drexel fouls on a 3 point shot .2 seconds left with Drexel up 60-58. Strategy to foul before the shot didn't work. Jasper makes 1st shot. Drexel takes timeout to freeze him.
01-09-2021 03:05 PM
J.B. Offline

Dan,
I deleted your post my mistake when I wanted to reply. Strategy was to foul before the shot.
01-09-2021 03:06 PM
J.B. Offline

Jasper makes all 3 and Drexel down by 1 with .6 left. Looking like a devastating defeat barring a total miracle.
01-09-2021 03:07 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

brutal loss
01-09-2021 03:08 PM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

Terrible loss since Drexel 61-60 since Drexel controlled the game in the first half. The Spiker Dragons find yet another way to lose a CAA road game.
01-09-2021 03:09 PM
J.B. Offline

So let's discuss the strategy here.

Drexel had fouls to give and were trying to foul before shooting to make it impossible for CoC to get off a good shot with just a second or so left. The worst case scenario took place where Juric tried to foul but Jasper managed to get off the 3 point shot anyway. It didn't work out, but was it the right strategy? Or just let Jasper take the shot and hope he misses?
01-09-2021 03:12 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(01-09-2021 03:12 PM)J.B. Wrote:  So let's discuss the strategy here.

Drexel had fouls to give and were trying to foul before shooting to make it impossible for CoC to get off a good shot with just a second or so left. The worst case scenario took place where Juric tried to foul but Jasper managed to get off the 3 point shot anyway. It didn't work out, but was it the right strategy? Or just let Jasper take the shot and hope he misses?

Can't really say since none of us actually saw how things transpired.
01-09-2021 09:52 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

With 2.3 remaining fouling only make sense if they are facing or going away from the basket. Otherwise it is not the right strategy. Using those fouls would have only been in play coming up the court to make sure time was in our favor. As Timer said we didnt see it so its hard to say he was fouling on purpose and the audio didnt make heads or tails of it so hard to make judgement. Regardless have to know situation and cant be playing that tight on the man where a foul could be called
01-10-2021 08:11 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

But now we need to show resolve and show that we can lose brutally and bounce back for victory the next day against the same team.

Todays spread is a pick em
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021 08:24 AM by dan10.)
01-10-2021 08:21 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

Drexel lead by 10 at halftime and 12 early in the 2nd half, but then a 19-2 COC run did them in and we're headed to another CAA road disaster. 69-60 COC leads with 2:46 to go. 3 point shooting is the difference in this game thus far, along with letting Brendon Tucker just destroy them.
01-10-2021 02:44 PM
J.B. Offline

73-68 is the final. Brenden Tucker torches the Dragons for 35 today.
Drexel's was 15-15 from the line today, shot 45% from the field and 33% from 3. Not terrible numbers. But the key was lack of defense, especially in the 2nd half. COC shot 55% for the game and 61% in the 2nd half.

Drexel falls to 5-4 and 0-2 in the CAA. I will continue to emphasize this record. Drexel now falls to 4-34 in CAA road games in the Spiker Era. This absolutely brutal trend continues.
01-10-2021 03:00 PM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

watched the second half today while titans-ravens was at halftime.

congrats dan by the way.

i still have issues with our lineups especially at the end of games. our five when we were down 9 with less than 4 minutes was wynter, butler, walton, okros, and jurich. i'll give you the first three. okros and jurich can't be on the floor in that situation. i'm not a huge walton fan either since i feel like you don't know what side of him you're going to get. i was surprised to see he scored 17 points because he didn't do anything after i put the game on.

play the younger players. they're our future and actually have a chance to take us somewhere. bickerstaff has to be out there. 13 minutes for oden and 6 for bell isn't enough. we're going to struggle with these back to backs if we keep asking wynter to play 38 and 36 minutes.

if you have the analytic bs to prove me wrong...i'd like to see it. that lineup got us a couple air balls from three when we had a few possessions down 6.
01-10-2021 04:37 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

End of game struggles are a problem and yesterdays finish was reflective to what we have been seeing. That is a shame because it means we have not progressed much at all. CofC is not a good team and likely will be a middle of the road CAA team this season. Dropping both is highly disappointing. I didnt have video for either game (nobody did for Saturdays) but they shut Cam down. When Cam struggles, we struggle. We have to find ways to score and stay competitive when he isnt scoring.
01-11-2021 07:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.