Clemson (-7.5)
1/1 - ESPN- 8:00pm
This will be the 5th meeting.
Clemson leads series 4-0.

Ole Miss vs.
Indiana (-6.5)
1/2 - ABC - 12:30pm
These two teams have never met.

Best of luck to all the teams playing this year!
12-21-2020 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: Open Thread - Bowl Games
I don't know if it will help but it sure is bulletin board material for Ohio State:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...oll-ballot

Obviously I'd love OSU to win it all but I really want to see them beat Clemson. I don't know if you've been to the ACCBBS board or seen him on the regular boards but IMO the most arrogant, cocky, insulting poster on these boards is a Clemson fan and he needs a big old slice of humble pie.
12-23-2020 12:29 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
(12-23-2020 12:29 PM)schmolik Wrote:  I don't know if it will help but it sure is bulletin board material for Ohio State:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...oll-ballot

Obviously I'd love OSU to win it all but I really want to see them beat Clemson. I don't know if you've been to the ACCBBS board or seen him on the regular boards but IMO the most arrogant, cocky, insulting poster on these boards is a Clemson fan and he needs a big old slice of humble pie.
Dumbo Swinney and his votes have no impact on anything. There is a lot of arrogance, like you said, but until Ohio State beats them I guess it's warrented?

I agree though, the poster you mentioned can be cocky and presumptuous at times.

Quite honestly, I like the Buckeyes chances and their approach right now. I'm really looking forward to this game.

By the way, look up Dumbo and his announcement that he's on tik tok, talk about a tool!
12-23-2020 12:46 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I don't care about conference pride. I'm sick of doing what's best for the conference when all that means is doing what's best for Ohio State. Why was our commissioner advocating for Ohio State over Penn State in the 2016 playoffs then the following year did a complete 180 with his argument in order to support Ohio State to the playoffs? I'm just so over the Big Ten. I was hoping Ohio State would be left out this year but it wasn't meant to be.

Too bad Clemson has this fake "us against the world" mentality when they get the benefit of the doubt for everything. Dabo is so petty and makes it tough to cheer for them. The entire playoff field is so unlikeable I just want to vomit.

Oh well. If OSU wins, fine. If not, even better.
12-23-2020 05:38 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(12-23-2020 05:38 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I don't care about conference pride. I'm sick of doing what's best for the conference when all that means is doing what's best for Ohio State. Why was our commissioner advocating for Ohio State over Penn State in the 2016 playoffs then the following year did a complete 180 with his argument in order to support Ohio State to the playoffs? I'm just so over the Big Ten. I was hoping Ohio State would be left out this year but it wasn't meant to be.

Too bad Clemson has this fake "us against the world" mentality when they get the benefit of the doubt for everything. Dabo is so petty and makes it tough to cheer for them. The entire playoff field is so unlikeable I just want to vomit.

2016- I agree with you on that one.

I'm not a conference pride guy neither. I like Ohio State and all the teams in the west minus Minnesota. After that, I really don't care.

As for Dabo, I liked the guy for a minute, then he started talking too much and simply started sounding like a bi*ch. He definitely can recruit and coach his boys up, I'll give him credit there. Clemson better enjoy their Alabama boy while he's there!
12-23-2020 05:54 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Congratulations Wisconsin!
Beautiful to see Jim Leonhard adjust and totally disrupt the Wake Forest QB. Guy will be a head coach soon.

Loved seeing those former walk ons in the skilled positions step up today. Old-school football at its best!

Congratulations to Wake Forest on a successful season in a jacked up year.
12-30-2020 03:56 PM
Advertisement

wetsu Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MAC schools
Conference pride aside, the Big Ten teams received pretty good matchups with the exception of Ohio State. If ever there was a year to take a dip in the well and try a newcomer this would have been it. Texas A&M, Cincy, someone else.
12-30-2020 06:35 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(12-30-2020 06:35 PM)wetsu Wrote:  Conference pride aside, the Big Ten teams received pretty good matchups with the exception of Ohio State. If ever there was a year to take a dip in the well and try a newcomer this would have been it. Texas A&M, Cincy, someone else.
Matchups are a result of Indiana getting hosed out of a better bowl game this year.
12-30-2020 06:54 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(12-30-2020 06:35 PM)wetsu Wrote:  Conference pride aside, the Big Ten teams received pretty good matchups with the exception of Ohio State. If ever there was a year to take a dip in the well and try a newcomer this would have been it. Texas A&M, Cincy, someone else.
I'm a little slow these days, sorry. What are you referring to in the bold?
12-30-2020 07:01 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(12-30-2020 07:01 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

I don't want to answer for him but I assume he means as someone in the CFP.
12-30-2020 08:36 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(12-30-2020 08:36 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(12-30-2020 07:01 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

I don't want to answer for him but I assume he means as someone in the CFP.
Now I'm on the same page, thank you.

Yes, I've mentioned in other threads that there are a few teams with the legitimate argument to be in the CFP. I would have understood if Ohio State did not get in and one of the others did. I understand that hate directed at Ohio State too, I get it.

Now, what no player on this Buckeye squad will do is apologize for being in the playoff...ever! Nor should they, period. This is a school that fought for a season and never gave in. Players, coaches, staff, parents and so on. They had 3 games cancelled with 2 not being their fault. They played games without their starting offensive line and wide receivers along with coaches absent. This conference has been nothing more than a mess ran by a group of addelpated people.

Again, I can see teams like Cincinnati, Texas A&M and others being pissed that a 6 game team is in the playoff. I can also see both of should/shouldn't in Ohio States case. If tOSU was left out, life goes on. They were included so I'll enjoy the game(s). I'll also respect those that didn't make the playoff and be understanding of their argument.
12-30-2020 09:00 PM
Advertisement

schmolik Offline

(12-23-2020 05:54 PM)cubucks Wrote:  
(12-23-2020 05:38 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I don't care about conference pride. I'm sick of doing what's best for the conference when all that means is doing what's best for Ohio State. Why was our commissioner advocating for Ohio State over Penn State in the 2016 playoffs then the following year did a complete 180 with his argument in order to support Ohio State to the playoffs? I'm just so over the Big Ten. I was hoping Ohio State would be left out this year but it wasn't meant to be.

2016- I agree with you on that one.

I'm not a conference pride guy neither. I like Ohio State and all the teams in the west minus Minnesota. After that, I really don't care.

As for Dabo, I liked the guy for a minute, then he started talking too much and simply started sounding like a bi*ch. He definitely can recruit and coach his boys up, I'll give him credit there. Clemson better enjoy their Alabama boy while he's there!

You're not the only guy who's gotten sick of Dabo Swinney this year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co...079027001/
12-30-2020 09:15 PM
wetsu Offline
Bench Warmer

cubucks-

Sorry for not responding sooner. GE and MTS was correct. I do not hate OSU, far from it, been a fan for as long as I can remember. The whole pandemic thing has thrown a monkey wrench into the season, but had they played a complete season it likely would have boiled down to the four that were selected. I'm puzzled by this team and that is why I could have just as soon see someone else have a shot, but what I think doesn't mean diddly in the big scheme of things. Perhaps they will pleasantly surprise me. It could be worse, it could be three SEC teams and Clemson just like Mickey Mouse wants it.

As I said in another post Dabo probably made the semi-final a lot more interesting. Couple that with the fact that maybe Bama isn't as good as I first thought and anything can happen. The offensive line is going to need to play with a real chip their shoulder and the secondary will need to play better than they have to date. Oklahoma put on a coverage clinic last night so my fingers are crossed that Ohio State can do the same thing. If they can get some pressure rushing four guys that will limit the amount of man coverage they'll have to play. I'm fearful that they will find a mismatch in man.
12-31-2020 10:47 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(12-31-2020 10:47 PM)wetsu Wrote:  cubucks-

Sorry for not responding sooner. GE and MTS was correct. I do not hate OSU, far from it, been a fan for as long as I can remember. The whole pandemic thing has thrown a monkey wrench into the season, but had they played a complete season it likely would have boiled down to the four that were selected. I'm puzzled by this team and that is why I could have just as soon see someone else have a shot, but what I think doesn't mean diddly in the big scheme of things. Perhaps they will pleasantly surprise me. It could be worse, it could be three SEC teams and Clemson just like Mickey Mouse wants it.

As I said in another post Dabo probably made the semi-final a lot more interesting. Couple that with the fact that maybe Bama isn't as good as I first thought and anything can happen. The offensive line is going to need to play with a real chip their shoulder and the secondary will need to play better than they have to date. Oklahoma put on a coverage clinic last night so my fingers are crossed that Ohio State can do the same thing. If they can get some pressure rushing four guys that will limit the amount of man coverage they'll have to play. I'm fearful that they will find a mismatch in man.
Great post and very informative.
I couldn't agree more with everything you're saying. If I had to choose, I would have went with Cincinnati over Ohio State to get in this year. I like this Bearcat team and I'm very excited to see them play in their bowl game.
12-31-2020 11:58 PM
schmolik Offline

This is the big day for Ohio State! Come on Buckeyes! Kick Clemson's butt! I got so sick of that jerk fan from Clemson that kept insulting Penn State that I now ignore his posts. But I'd love to rub it in his face! I actually had bought an Ohio State sweatshirt a while back and am wearing it now. I think today's a statement game for Ohio State and for the Big Ten. Is college football just Alabama and Clemson and everyone else or can Ohio State compete with the Big Two? Is college football really a southern sport or can the north compete (not just Ohio State but Notre Dame as well)? And was this season worth playing for Ohio State if they're just going to lose to Clemson again? Did we all go through a whole season of cancellations and everyone getting COVID-19 just to see another damn Alabama-Clemson national championship game? To me they should've just canceled the season altogether. Did I really need to see my Penn State suck? Heck no! I'm sure James Franklin missed his family. But if Ohio State wins today, then this season would've been worth it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/30/magaz...demic.html
01-01-2021 10:16 AM
schmolik Offline

01-01-2021 10:54 AM
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

schmolik-
I have a ton of respect for the Clemson program, I'm just sick of hearing Dabo's mouth that never stops! They are are great program that is currently a "dynasty" program.

With that said, I hope Ohio State kicks the sh!t out of them today!

Southern sport?
2014 Ohio State...
Cardale Jones - Cleveland, OH
Darryl Baldwin - Solon, OH
Michael Bennett- Centerville, OH
Jacoby Boren- Pickerington, OH
Taylor Decker- Vandalia, OH
Doran Grant- Akron, OH
Marshon Lattimore- Cleveland, OH
Darron Lee- New Albany, OH
Jalin Marshall- Middletown, OH
Steve Miller- Canton, OH
Joshua Perry- Galena, OH
Tyvis Powell- Bedford, OH
Corey Smith- Akron, OH
Antonio Underwood- Shaker Heights, OH
Nick Vannett- Westerville, OH
Adolphus Washington- Cincinnati, OH

Proud of these Ohio boys!
01-01-2021 01:00 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Congratulations Northwestern Widcats! What a great rebound season after last years dismal season.

Congrats to the Auburn Tigers on successfully playing a full season, proving it could be done!
01-01-2021 05:32 PM
GE and MTS Offline

IndyStar: IU football removes Big Ten logo from jersey, helmet ahead of Outback Bowl.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/co...110140001/

Indiana isn't happy with the Big Ten right now. Good for them.
01-01-2021 08:17 PM
wetsu Offline
Bench Warmer

"They’re used to coming into our state and poaching our best high school players, and counting us as a W on their schedules. That’s why they don’t advocate for us.”
-Former AD Zach Osterman

Funny coming from a school that saw their greatest hoops success with Bobby Knight and Scott May. Who's poaching who?

That being stated I'm also on record as loving the style of play the football program has, physical and confident. If this continues they will have earned their stripes aside from simply being a conference member.
01-01-2021 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.