Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#FireKeithGill
Bookmark and Share
AppNation85 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian State
#FireKeithGill
Use the hashtag and tag @SunBelt everytime, email your Athletic Director, chant it at the conference championship from both sides.

I’m done. This ghost of a commissioner needs to go. No communication. Doesn’t fight for exposure or better bowls. Didn’t do anything for App last year and he’s not doing anything for Coastal or Louisiana this year. We’re succeeding despite him not because of him. It’s like we don’t even have a commissioner.
12-15-2020 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppNation85 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian State
#FireKeithGill
This isn’t anything new by the way. When he was the AD at Richmond they basically ran him out of town for the same problems.

“There were also concerns about Gill’s lack of regular interaction with heavily invested UR supporters, and even athletic department staff members.”

https://richmond.com/sports/college/scho...46d46.html
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020 12:38 AM by AppNation85.)
12-15-2020 12:38 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: #FireKeithGill
Real story: Richmond boosters were pissed he wouldn't bend their high academic standards to get players that could win.

Real fact: under Gill's leadership the Sun Belt finished more games than any other conference.

More truth: The Sun Belt needs a better public media team.

Final truth: I don't want a TV clown to be commissioner of an athletic conference.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020 07:31 AM by Yosef Himself.)
12-15-2020 07:30 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Doesn't Gill control the media team?

I don't want a Wizard of Oz behind the curtain.
12-15-2020 08:23 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

Yes he does and it's a legitimate complaint about the Sun Belt in the last 12 months. However, let's not delude ourselves into thinking that all success should be given to the individual institutions while all failure should be given to the commissioner.
12-15-2020 09:11 AM
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian
I am sure there are a lot of "behind the scenes" work that he does, and I can't pretend to know what a commissioner does on a daily bases. I think everyone would be a lot more happy with him if he just poked his head out of his hole once in a while, if he appeared to publicly fight for the conference, if he communicated all of the achievements of the SBC (and yes I know some of this is on the SBC website but who other than SBC fans go on the website).

I just want him to do more media interviews, tout the conference, be a champion for the conference he works for.
12-15-2020 09:36 AM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-15-2020 09:11 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Yes he does and it's a legitimate complaint about the Sun Belt in the last 12 months. However, let's not delude ourselves into thinking that all success should be given to the individual institutions while all failure should be given to the commissioner.

Last 12 months? Try since Karl left.

He has done an average job at some things, nothing exceptional, and a terrible job at others.
12-15-2020 09:38 AM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(12-15-2020 09:11 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Yes he does and it's a legitimate complaint about the Sun Belt in the last 12 months. However, let's not delude ourselves into thinking that all success should be given to the individual institutions while all failure should be given to the commissioner.
+1
12-15-2020 10:27 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

GS hasn't had the success of others to understand the ineptness in lack of PR these past few years.
12-15-2020 11:41 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-15-2020 07:30 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Real story: Richmond boosters were pissed he wouldn't bend their high academic standards to get players that could win.

Real fact: under Gill's leadership the Sun Belt finished more games than any other conference.

Final truth: I don't want a TV clown to be commissioner of an athletic conference.

Why does he get credit for the number of games played? Was our plan to contain outbreaks somehow different than any other leagues?

IMO, with our league we're trying to get as many ESPN games in as we can and help our teams move up the rankings, so we have more incentive to play the games.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020 11:58 AM by EigenEagle.)
12-15-2020 11:57 AM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(12-15-2020 11:57 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 07:30 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Real story: Richmond boosters were pissed he wouldn't bend their high academic standards to get players that could win.

Why does he get credit for the number of games played? Was our plan to contain outbreaks somehow different than any other leagues?

IMO, with our league we're trying to get as many ESPN games in as we can and help our teams move up the rankings, so we have more incentive to play the games.

Didn't Gill want to just play league games, but Presidents/ADs wanted non-conf schedule too?
12-15-2020 12:37 PM
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
From my crystal ball: Louisiana easily handles Coastal this weekend due to a few key injuries. Tulsa takes the AAC and Iowa State wins the Big XII. CFP Committee sends the Cajuns to the Peach Bowl and explicitly states that their defeat of a P5 champ is what sealed the deal for them. Gill, thanks to insider chatter, has known all along that this was the Belt's best shot at the big payout...which is exactly why he insisted on the Troy/CCU game being played. In the end, we realize he was pulling the right strings all along.
12-15-2020 01:18 PM
iStoopify Offline
Special Teams

(12-15-2020 01:18 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  From my crystal ball: Louisiana easily handles Coastal this weekend due to a few key injuries. Tulsa takes the AAC and Iowa State wins the Big XII. CFP Committee sends the Cajuns to the Peach Bowl and explicitly states that their defeat of a P5 champ is what sealed the deal for them. Gill, thanks to insider chatter, has known all along that this was the Belt's best shot at the big payout...which is exactly why he insisted on the Troy/CCU game being played. In the end, we realize he was pulling the right strings all along.

This would make me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.
12-15-2020 01:40 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-15-2020 11:41 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  GS hasn't had the success of others to understand the ineptness in lack of PR these past few years.

Everyone: Yea Gill is doing a terrible job at promoting our conference compared to our previous Commissioner

Saint: GS hasn't had any success to worry about this.

Even in defeat, we're living rent free.
12-15-2020 02:34 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Someone get the plunger, found another clog.
12-15-2020 04:32 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

Someone must read the board at SBCHQ because their twitter feed has been noticeably more focreful in their support of the SBC's strength of schedule, the playing of the full schedule, and the division champions' wins. Taking shots at both the P5 and AAC teams.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020 09:27 AM by Yosef Himself.)
12-17-2020 09:27 AM
Advertisement

eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-17-2020 09:27 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Someone must read the board at SBCHQ because their twitter feed has been noticeably more focreful in their support of the SBC's strength of schedule, the playing of the full schedule, and the division champions' wins. Taking shots at both the P5 and AAC teams.

Dude had a great chance to be in front of a national audience on Gameday to do it.

It's a bit too little, too late.
12-17-2020 09:50 AM
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St
(12-17-2020 09:27 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Someone must read the board at SBCHQ because their twitter feed has been noticeably more focreful in their support of the SBC's strength of schedule, the playing of the full schedule, and the division champions' wins. Taking shots at both the P5 and AAC teams.

I know for a fact they read the board or at least they did years ago. I have had a few emails back and forth about Bubas Cup points over the years and for one reason or another it was mentioned at that point in time that this board was read some to get a sense of the pulse of some of the fans, at least the ones that visit this board. I mentioned the person must have some thick skin and the reply to that comment was a very short reply that was more of less, "Very thick."
12-17-2020 06:22 PM
Apps6920 Offline
2nd String

How many times do we have to try and hear a response from this book worm dud ? Not the response I heard the other day either.. that just solidifies what I think.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020 07:33 PM by Apps6920.)
12-17-2020 07:32 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-15-2020 12:37 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 11:57 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  

Didn't Gill want to just play league games, but Presidents/ADs wanted non-conf schedule too?

He certainly talked about the idea of a league only schedule a lot, but he felt it was inevitable because so few leagues were playing OOC games. As long as CUSA and the AAC allowed 12, we were always going to allow 12. The idea never gained any traction with Presidents.
12-17-2020 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.