Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Actual News: Harsin Pushed Boise to Ditch MWC
CarlSmithCenter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ball So Hard U
Actual News: Harsin Pushed Boise to Ditch MWC
“NOW is the time! The longer it takes the longer we stay in the MW. I am 1000% convinced we need to make this move for football and if that means other sports too in the long run it will be what’s best for this University."

-Bryan Harsin

Football Scoop Article
12-08-2020 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Actual News: Harsin Pushed Boise to Ditch MWC
If Boise could get an Olympic sport deal from the Big Sky they could pursue AAC football only.
12-08-2020 07:06 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
If Boise were to jump to the AAC for football only, I'd be concerned that their recruiting would dry up. If their closest conference opponent is in Texas, those 3 star California kids have way too many better options where family and friends can see them play.
12-08-2020 07:37 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Boise was joining the Big East with SDSU and when the BE lost power status, they said thanks but no thanks. They’re not joining the AAC and I think that ship has also sailed from the AAC side of things.
12-08-2020 07:41 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Boise needs to be in the MWC. Rivalries matter.
12-08-2020 07:46 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
The PAC should've invited them a long time ago.
12-08-2020 07:52 PM
Advertisement

Realignment Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC Trojans
Boise State will not leave the MWC, it doesn't make any sense and they have a decent TV deal.
12-08-2020 07:59 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
If they ever want to win a national championship, they should want to.

Admin's probably content where they're at, tho.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020 08:02 PM by Bronco'14.)
12-08-2020 08:02 PM
46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
I hate to say it I think Boise State football isn't as big of a draw as it was when it was invited to the Big East. I don't think they push the needle enough tv wise to make it worthwhile to invite them to the AAC. Also could they recruit Florida or Texas as they did with California.
12-08-2020 08:08 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
(12-08-2020 07:46 PM)bullet Wrote:  Boise needs to be in the MWC. Rivalries matter.

National game in the year 2020. Houston/UCF vs. Boise is appointment television.
12-08-2020 08:11 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(12-08-2020 07:46 PM)bullet Wrote:  Boise needs to be in the MWC. Rivalries matter.

Their oldest “rivalries” are with Idaho, Fresno, Nevada, Hawaii, SJSU, and Utah St. The old WAC teams. They don’t even play Idaho anymore. They could play Hawaii anytime they wanted to. Maybe some would miss Nevada and Fresno, but when was the last time either of those two were any good? Doubt those teams will be missed. Could play BYU every year and I’m sure most of the teams I mentioned would schedule Boise too.
12-08-2020 09:06 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Harsin didn't mention the AAC. Does (or did) he want Boise State football to be independent?
12-08-2020 09:11 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(12-08-2020 07:41 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Boise was joining the Big East with SDSU and when the BE lost power status, they said thanks but no thanks. They’re not joining the AAC and I think that ship has also sailed from the AAC side of things.

Ehh. Most everyone connected to the 2012 Boise decision making is gone. I think thats one of the few "no brainer" value adding replacement options on the board for the AAC. I mean, if Boise was looking for places to house their olympic sports---they are obviously willing to talk. I think the AAC would make that move in a minute flat.

Add Boise as a football only, add VCU as an olympic member--and the AAC puts the UConn loss behind them--ending up substantially better in football---and shores up the loss of UConn basketball about as well as anyone could realistically expect.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020 09:13 PM by Attackcoog.)
12-08-2020 09:12 PM
Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
My guess is that Boise is going to sit and wait to see what 2024 has in store. If the AAC gets raided and loses its best assets then moving there would be a poor decision.
12-08-2020 09:17 PM
Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
If I'm Boise State then before finding another conference I would want to schedule some Big 12, SEC and Big Ten teams in the out-of-conference portion. I did read that Boise has Michigan State on the docket for 2022-23. However, I don't think playing games against USF, UTEP or Rice would do much for them, other than a possible recruiting haul.

They need to push for a greater mix of P5 opponents and keep the BYU games. Maybe entice the likes of Missouri, Ole Miss or Tennessee to play a series. Heck, why not ask the Domers if they have an opening when they can play?
12-08-2020 09:18 PM
Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
Just realized I’m at 5000 posts—it’s fitting that it would be on yet another conversation about Boise and the AAC.
12-08-2020 09:18 PM
Advertisement

Sicembear11 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Baylor
(12-08-2020 08:08 PM)46566 Wrote:  I hate to say it I think Boise State football isn't as big of a draw as it was when it was invited to the Big East. I don't think they push the needle enough tv wise to make it worthwhile to invite them to the AAC. Also could they recruit Florida or Texas as they did with California.

While this is true and I also think it is better to have two relatively regional major G5’s (one in the east and one in the west) for balance purposes, these conferences and schools see each other as their primary competitor and rival. Boise, or really any of CSU/Air Force/Boise/SDSU leaving the MWC for the AAC is the death knell of the MWC as a the other tweener conference. Instead, you would have a definitive tweener in the AAC and their champion would the presumed favorite for the G5 autobid. This would elevate the AAC to be closer to the P5 and a more attractive tv product, presumably. (Although I still think regional conferences and rivalries is the lifeblood of the sport and the way of the future.)
12-08-2020 09:24 PM
Sicembear11 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Baylor
(12-08-2020 09:12 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-08-2020 07:41 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Boise was joining the Big East with SDSU and when the BE lost power status, they said thanks but no thanks. They’re not joining the AAC and I think that ship has also sailed from the AAC side of things.

Ehh. Most everyone connected to the 2012 Boise decision making is gone. I think thats one of the few "no brainer" value adding replacement options on the board for the AAC. I mean, if Boise was looking for places to house their olympic sports---they are obviously willing to talk. I think the AAC would make that move in a minute flat.

Add Boise as a football only, add VCU as an olympic member--and the AAC puts the UConn loss behind them--ending up substantially better in football---and shores up the loss of UConn basketball about as well as anyone could realistically expect.

Did UConn basketball even contribute in the AAC? I think they won the conference tourney once?
12-08-2020 09:27 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Had Boise St and SDSU remained as part of the Big East/AAC that means that Tulsa and ECU likely never get in.

That also means that with UConn's departure there would be ready room for Air Force or Colorado St as a 12th.

At this point I'm afraid its too late to form a western division of the AAC. Would thin out the TV money.
12-08-2020 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bill dazzle Online
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
(12-08-2020 09:12 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

A Boise/VCU add would be strong. I would fully support. But I don't see it happening.
12-08-2020 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.