Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Radford vs JMU
Bookmark and Share
JMUNation Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
Radford vs JMU
Do the Dukes bounce back from their first loss of the season or do they lose to another out of conference low major program at home?

Here is my starting five if the three players are sitting out:

Lewis
Morse
Jacobs
Amadi
Wooden

Dukes should look to play the inside out game. Wooden, Amadi and Jacobs need to hit the offensive boards hard using their athleticism to get close range shots and put backs. When Radford brings more bodies into the paint to help, the bigs dish it back out to Lewis and Morse for open 3s.

Dukes win big with this strategy.
11-29-2020 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bill Offline
1st String

RE: Radford vs JMU
Dukes open at -2.5, should be another close game. Dukes pull it out if they can avoid a 5 minute meltdown at the end of the game.
11-29-2020 10:16 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
This should be an interesting game given Radford trounced us 94-71 last year and Mike Jones was said to be in the mix for our opening.

I see this as an early benchmark / barometer of where the team is developmentally. Would love to see a W or at least a close game today.

While I think Coach B can get us to the top of the CAA, we are not there yet. First couple games have shown some promise, but also still rough around the edges.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020 10:56 AM by JMURocks.)
11-29-2020 10:53 AM
dukes13 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes of JMU
Unrelated/slightly related...MEAC Coppin State gave #9 Duke a game yesterday, in single digits pretty much whole game. Norfolk State was trouncing Radford yesterday but Radford fought back, missed a 3 at the buzzer to tie it. 57-54 NSU
11-29-2020 11:21 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Need to win this one. Radford lost all 5 starters from last year and just lost an ugly 57-54 game to Norfolk State yesterday. JMU has a day of rest and is playing at home.
Nobody will be impressed if JMU wins, but we may have some of the fanbase tune out Quickly during the holiday season if JMU loses and starts 0-2 at home in the $100 million Purple Palace. Of course, attendance won’t be impacted during the pandemic but the Remaining fanbase is very fragile and the initial year of the AUBC simply cannot be a failure. Win by 1 or win by 20. Just win.

Dukie, I don’t see Coach By changing his ways and going with a large, interior based lineup. A Leopard usually doesn’t change his spots after 7 years and he prefers small ball, although I agree that getting at least a couple of bigs in the lineup together helps tremendously on both ends of the court. 4 guards works on offense if you have a boatload of good 3pt shooters and players willing to share the ball, but can also be a sieve on defense especially on the boards.
11-29-2020 11:24 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't mind our 3 point attempts today come from a little closer to the line. We chucked quite a few from 27 feet or so.
11-29-2020 12:11 PM
Advertisement

Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

I find this game appealing because I was firmly in the Mike Jones camp for the head coaching search and was disappointed to learn he wanted the job when we hired Boyington. I support our new coach and will rally around him, his staff, and our Dukes but only time will tell if JB and CK finally made a good men’s basketball head coach hire. For the sake of the program and school I sure hope they did. For this reason I find this game extremely interesting.
11-29-2020 12:49 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(11-29-2020 12:49 PM)Rock House Duke Wrote:  I find this game appealing because I was firmly in the Mike Jones camp for the head coaching search and was disappointed to learn he wanted the job when we hired Boyington. I support our new coach and will rally around him, his staff, and our Dukes but only time will tell if JB and CK finally made a good men’s basketball head coach hire. For the sake of the program and school I sure hope they did. For this reason I find this game extremely interesting.

We will feel the same way at UNCW when we play you guys. A whole lot of people wanted Byington to come back and coach UNCW. Should create a lot of interest when Siddle and Byington square off in Wilmington. Both were critical to our two best periods in UNCW basketball history.
11-29-2020 02:31 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukes need this win, but I’m not feeling confident about today’s game. Hope Coach B has the team focused and ready to play aggressive.
11-29-2020 03:15 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU, Boston Col

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020 06:02 PM by Anders.)
11-29-2020 05:58 PM
UofRfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Richmond
2020 in a nutshell
11-29-2020 06:31 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Nice win today Spidey fan!
11-29-2020 06:40 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

So are we thinking a 9:00 start time if they have committed to playing tonight?
11-29-2020 06:45 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

11-29-2020 08:25 PM
Halz87 Offline
1st String

Radford vs JMU
How does Mensah Miss under the rim from 5’ . Assuming early nerves . Squad looking good and playing with confidence . Hope they keep the gas on and don’t have any major lapses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-29-2020 09:02 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

Shane answered what I was wondering about Mensah. Hope he gets more comfortable but also want to see more Jacobs in the post. Radford’s big man looks like he’s a huge presence in rebounding right now.

Vado has some crazy, unorthodox shots but they go in so keep shooting!
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020 09:05 PM by Anders.)
11-29-2020 09:05 PM
Advertisement

Halz87 Offline
1st String

Radford vs JMU
Being an optimist , I’m hoping we start doing a better job of slashing to the rim and finishing once we get there . I’m assuming that’s the goal of Coach B. Shot selection could be a little better and we have missed a few in the paint .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-29-2020 09:21 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

I’m not a ref complainer but holy smokes some of these calls are bad.
11-29-2020 09:29 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

It certainly was not poetry in motion, but at least the Dukes have a 9 point lead. Both teams look like it’s their first game instead of their 3rd game. Ugly

Vado has a couple of accidental bank shots from The top of the key which has helped keep the Dukes leading the entire half.
11-29-2020 09:31 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Up 34-25. Played fairly solid for the first 12 minutes and were up 28-12. Then we got rather sloppy and kept getting called for fouls. Those last 8 minutes were some ugly basketball. Our rebounding has been bad.

Morse has 11 points, Wooden 10, Lewis 6 and Edwards 4.
Amadi has 3 fouls, Wooden, Strickland and Jacobs all have 2.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020 09:53 PM by olddawg.)
11-29-2020 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.