Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFBS had Bearcats is a team that impressed this weekend
Bookmark and Share
Oldfan68 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ohio State
Love reading about how Luke Fickell is doing. With wins against Memphis and SMU, the Bearcats are closer to making the playoff. Could be a big year in Cincinnati.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/college-footbal...t-31-2020/

11-04-2020 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cal1362 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
DonatorsDonators
I love it! CLF had these guys rolling

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11-05-2020 06:15 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: CFBS had Bearcats is a team that impressed this weekend
(11-04-2020 03:49 PM)Oldfan68 Wrote:  Love reading about how Luke Fickell is doing. With wins against Memphis and SMU, the Bearcats are closer to making the playoff. Could be a big year in Cincinnati.

Certainly by our standards, it's already a big year. But with decisive wins over two of the best conference foes, it's shaping up as a historic season for UC.

Fickell and his coaching staff seem to be able to keep the players focused each week which I'm sure becomes increasingly difficult as the national media buzz continues to escalate. Luke Fickell is a class act for sure. Thanks for posting and sharing this link.

11-05-2020 08:28 AM
Advertisement

eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
(11-05-2020 08:28 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(11-04-2020 03:49 PM)Oldfan68 Wrote:  Love reading about how Luke Fickell is doing. With wins against Memphis and SMU, the Bearcats are closer to making the playoff. Could be a big year in Cincinnati.

Certainly by our standards, it's already a big year. But with decisive wins over two of the best conference foes, it's shaping up as a historic season for UC.

Fickell and his coaching staff seem to be able to keep the players focused each week which I'm sure becomes increasingly difficult as the national media buzz continues to escalate. Luke Fickell is a class act for sure. Thanks for posting and sharing this link.

i would agree in the sense that social media reaches players in a way that didn't exist previously and is difficult to control by the coaching staff. But social media aside, i think it's pretty easy to stay focused for two reasons:

1) As the AAC's only top 10 ranked team and clear favorite for conference champ, likely NY6 bowl invitee and sleeper pick for a playoff spot, we are the show in the AAC. Everyone is going to want to knock us off. i doubt this is lost on any of the players

2) We had an early example of what happens when a highly ranked non-p5 loses when UCF lost to Tulsa. While i believe Cincy has far more respect than UCF and may not drop entirely outside of the top 25, we will drop like a stone. Again, also likely not lost on the players.

This is a veteran team that has taken on the personality of its coaching staff. They know what's at stake. They know the consequences for failure. i think they are laser-focused in spite of the distractions.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020 09:03 AM by eroc.)
11-05-2020 09:00 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Seems like a good spot for this:

11-05-2020 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.