Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach Mack throws Kentucky under the bus....
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Coach Mack throws Kentucky under the bus....
So UK called ESPN and tried to get a Louisville ACC game time changed?

09-30-2020 06:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
RE: Coach Mack throws Kentucky under the bus....
[quote='CardinalJim' pid='17018858' dateline='1601466059']
So UK called ESPN and tried to get a Louisville ACC game time changed?

Coach Mack is a little confused about the "best college basket rivalry", other than that, it just shows how slimy the Kentucky program is.

......and we thought South Carolina were CHICKENS!
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2020 07:14 AM by XLance.)
09-30-2020 07:14 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Awww...
[Image: s-l300.jpg]
The Kentucky putty tats widdle feelings might get hurt...
09-30-2020 02:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

(09-30-2020 07:14 AM)XLance Wrote:  So UK called ESPN and tried to get a Louisville ACC game time changed?

Coach Mack is a little confused about the "best college basket rivalry", other than that, it just shows how slimy the Kentucky program is.

You won’t get an argument with me about the rivalry. I happen to believe Duke / UNC is the best rivalry in college basketball. You should see Kentucky fans faces when I tell them that.

I’m still a Christian Laettner fan. He gave me the best birthday present ever when he hit that shot back in ‘92. In 1995 I went out and bought a UNC shirt to wear to work the next day after y’all beat them in the Final Four. 04-cheers
09-30-2020 06:03 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(09-30-2020 06:03 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(09-30-2020 07:14 AM)XLance Wrote:  So UK called ESPN and tried to get a Louisville ACC game time changed?

You won’t get an argument with me about the rivalry. I happen to believe Duke / UNC is the best rivalry in college basketball. You should see Kentucky fans faces when I tell them that.

I’m still a Christian Laettner fan. He gave me the best birthday present ever when he hit that shot back in ‘92. In 1995 I went out and bought a UNC shirt to wear to work the next day after y’all beat them in the Final Four. 04-cheers

I bought a UMBC shirt the day after UVA lost in the round of 64 to them, to wear to my poker game that has a bunch of UVA fans at it. They had the last laugh a year later though.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2020 10:51 PM by ChrisLords.)
09-30-2020 10:50 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
[Image: 4gxcnh.jpg]
10-01-2020 05:57 AM
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova

I wonder if UK-UL would be as big as Duke-UNC if Kentucky and Louisville were in the same conference and they played home and home every season like Duke and Carolina did though. Imagine Senior Night in Lexington or Louisville against each other. IMO it's a complete shame the two aren't in the same conference. Too bad Kentucky won't come to the ACC. Imagine Kentucky not only playing Louisville in the ACC but Duke and Carolina every year.
10-03-2020 05:12 AM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(10-03-2020 05:12 AM)schmolik Wrote:  

I wonder if UK-UL would be as big as Duke-UNC if Kentucky and Louisville were in the same conference and they played home and home every season like Duke and Carolina did though. Imagine Senior Night in Lexington or Louisville against each other. IMO it's a complete shame the two aren't in the same conference. Too bad Kentucky won't come to the ACC. Imagine Kentucky not only playing Louisville in the ACC but Duke and Carolina every year.

With a quick wiki check, I find that Louisville and Kentucky have played a total of 52 times, with Kentucky holding a 37-16 record edge over the Cardinals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky%E...le_rivalry

Interestingly Carolina and Kentucky have played a total of 40 times, with the Tar Heels holding a 24-16 advantage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky%E...ll_rivalry

Duke vs. Carolina has been played a total of 252 times with the Tar Heels holding a all time 139-114 advantage.
The schools are only 8 miles apart, separated by 17 stoplights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina%E...ke_rivalry

Louisville's basketball pedigree has certainly enhanced the ACC's reputation as the best college basketball conference in history. Kentucky playing in the SEC, even though a good basketball conference, has no other conference mate that can match their passion for the game.
Louisville's basketball future is bright in the ACC, while Kentucky like an ageing baseball pitcher, is starting to rely on dirty tricks and throwing junk in an attempt to stay relevant.

Your premise, however, is an interesting one, and should ESPN choose to move either school so that they would end up in the same conference, their rivalry would only be intensified and good for which ever conference they landed in.
10-03-2020 07:50 AM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
The Arkansas-Kentucky games of the 90’s were the best SEC basketball games, probably ever.
10-03-2020 09:29 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(10-03-2020 09:29 AM)esayem Wrote:  The Arkansas-Kentucky games of the 90’s were the best SEC basketball games, probably ever.

Nolan Richardson, and the 40 minutes of.....
10-03-2020 09:54 AM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

Richardson never got the credit he deserved for what he did at Arkansas. JMHO...
10-03-2020 06:44 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Is is really throwing them under the bus if it is all true?

One thing that enhances the UNC-Duke rivalry is that they play 20+ sports plus all the club sports. Those sports may not draw a lot of fans but they get just as intense when they play each other.

Not to get too far off topic but another rivalry I think could be great is Uconn/BC. They both hate each other and are fairly close.
10-04-2020 12:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.