Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Times Square Olive Garden losing $300G each week because of coronavirus restrictions
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Times Square Olive Garden losing $300G each week because of coronavirus restrictions
Well, gee. You’re a big-ass company. I’ll bet you got some lawyers on retainer. How’s about suing the city and state over this unconstitutional abuse of power?

Quote:Olive Garden is losing hundreds of thousands of dollars every week from just one location in New York City because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Times Square Olive Garden typically brings in $15 million a year, but now it’s losing $300,000 a week. That’s because of state restrictions on indoor dining, said Gene Lee, the CEO of Olive Garden’s parent company Darden Restaurants, on a Thursday call to investors.

“We start every single week $300,000 in the hole from a comp store basis,” Lee said about the Times Square location.

In fact, he said that location alone is costing the chain “50 basis points in comps.”

“That’s our best restaurant in the Olive Garden system,” he said. “We do over $15 million there and now we’re doing, you know, $2,500 a day.”

On Thursday, Darden Restaurants reported that Olive Garden’s same-restaurant sales were down 28.2 percent.

The Olive Garden locations that performed better during the quarter were restaurants that were allowed to offer indoor dining, Lee said.

Link
09-25-2020 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: Times Square Olive Garden losing $300G each week because of coronavirus restrictions
Sorry.. Been to NY.. There's better Italian joints to eat than a f'n Olive Garden.
09-25-2020 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Times Square Olive Garden losing $300G each week because of coronavirus restrictions
(09-25-2020 01:11 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Sorry.. Been to NY.. There's better Italian joints to eat than a f'n Olive Garden.

You mean toy don't like cigar shaped dough rolls with garlic salt on them?
09-25-2020 01:19 PM
banker Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
$15MM in sales for an Olive Garden is insane. I’m sure the real estate costs are also mind boggling, but 3-4 times what the locations in most of our markets do and they all are busy most of the time.
09-25-2020 01:23 PM
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
Breadsticks sound really good right now.
09-25-2020 01:25 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-25-2020 01:25 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  Breadsticks sound really good right now.

their breadsticks were Epstein's sex toys...no thx...
09-25-2020 01:36 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
IF you can find a good authentic place, the garlic knots is where it's at.
09-25-2020 01:37 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
So, that's about 20 meals? Been there done that, once. That place is crazy expensive for what it is. Having said that, feel bad for the NYC restaurants, especially with winter approaching.
09-25-2020 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.