Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good game La Tech
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Good game La Tech
I still can't shake the blues over that loss. My honest prediction going in was we'd lose...then the game started and hope reared it's ugly head. I'd rather lose by 30 than lose by 1 point. I had a feeling that stupid 2 pt attempt would come back to hurt us. Anyways, great game. CUSA needs as many good games on national TV as possible.
09-23-2020 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Good game La Tech
That game literally came down to one successful 4th down toe-tap miracle pass reception. An incompletion and USM fans are in heaven, a completion and the Tech fans are in heaven. My crew was walking out of MM Roberts Stadium bitterly disappointed when the replay on the big board showed Hebert's foot was inbounds. I think I pee'ed a little.

It was truly a great game, that went our way this time (FINALLY). Good luck to USM the rest of the season.
09-23-2020 11:45 AM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

It was a great game. It happened to coincide with a family birthday so we had a big group together to watch it. It was a good time.
09-23-2020 01:31 PM
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
(09-23-2020 11:29 AM)TTT Wrote:  I still can't shake the blues over that loss. My honest prediction going in was we'd lose...then the game started and hope reared it's ugly head. I'd rather lose by 30 than lose by 1 point. I had a feeling that stupid 2 pt attempt would come back to hurt us. Anyways, great game. CUSA needs as many good games on national TV as possible.

You have the makings of a good team. Keep your head up and pick up some wins with that up and coming coach. It was an amazing game and we were very lucky to win it.
09-23-2020 02:56 PM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

(09-23-2020 02:56 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  
(09-23-2020 11:29 AM)TTT Wrote:  I still can't shake the blues over that loss. My honest prediction going in was we'd lose...then the game started and hope reared it's ugly head. I'd rather lose by 30 than lose by 1 point. I had a feeling that stupid 2 pt attempt would come back to hurt us. Anyways, great game. CUSA needs as many good games on national TV as possible.

You have the makings of a good team. Keep your head up and pick up some wins with that up and coming coach. It was an amazing game and we were very lucky to win it.

Nah! had 'em all the way, issue was never in doubt 04-jawdrop
09-24-2020 11:47 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Tech did have them all the way....when Allen wasnt the QB. At the end of the season this is going to be a good loss for USM. I would hate for the next hire to come from a wet behind the ears coach that will make mistakes like the 2pt conversion that will cost "my team" 1 to 2 games each year till he grows up. All because he won a few games in a conference that looks like its far and away the worse conference in FBS.

How much of USM offense came because of the young Tech defense? Ten players starting their first game, on the road, with very little practice. Great/fun game to watch but I came away from it not really knowing if Tech can compete for a western division title ...

was both teams defenses that bad? Neither could stop the run and with the GT in the game USM couldnt stop the pass.

The one thing that's been shown in CUSA this season....

lot of really bad defense has been played
Middle
UNT
Western
USM
UTSA
UTEP
Tech's run defense
09-24-2020 12:25 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

(09-24-2020 12:25 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Tech did have them all the way....when Allen wasnt the QB. At the end of the season this is going to be a good loss for USM. I would hate for the next hire to come from a wet behind the ears coach that will make mistakes like the 2pt conversion that will cost "my team" 1 to 2 games each year till he grows up. All because he won a few games in a conference that looks like its far and away the worse conference in FBS.

How much of USM offense came because of the young Tech defense? Ten players starting their first game, on the road, with very little practice. Great/fun game to watch but I came away from it not really knowing if Tech can compete for a western division title ...

was both teams defenses that bad? Neither could stop the run and with the GT in the game USM couldnt stop the pass.

Middle
UNT
Western
USM
UTSA
UTEP
Tech's run defense

We'll find out soon enough. USM of course had several key defenders opt out before the season started. Tech played without 20+ players due to contact tracing and our freshman defenders totaled more tackles than the SR/JR/So classes. We started a true FR and RS-FR at inside LB and the true FR was the national defensive player of the week with 16 tackles. We feel pretty good about where we will be once everyone returns.
09-24-2020 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Eagleholic Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-24-2020 12:25 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Tech did have them all the way....when Allen wasnt the QB. At the end of the season this is going to be a good loss for USM. I would hate for the next hire to come from a wet behind the ears coach that will make mistakes like the 2pt conversion that will cost "my team" 1 to 2 games each year till he grows up. All because he won a few games in a conference that looks like its far and away the worse conference in FBS.

Middle
UNT
Western
USM
UTSA
UTEP
Tech's run defense

USM is very limited defensively right now. With the players that opted out, it left us shorthanded on the DL and at LB. Our best returning CB seems to have disappeared also. Our top 4 or 5 CBs had never taken a D1 snap before the USA game. The same can be said for most of our DL that started and played vs La Tech.

Offensively, when Tim Jones left the game injured vs La Tech, I realized that Southern Miss also did not have any other WRs that had taken any meaningful snaps in a FBS game. The same can be said for 2 of our top 3 RBs.

I expect the offense to get better as the season goes. The weapons are there. They just need some experience and cohesion. The defense is another story. I think the CB play will get better as the year goes, and some of the DEs may progress a good bit also, but I don't see the defense being strong this season if they can't slow down the running game any better than they have so far. And currently, I don't see much reason to expect that to improve much.
09-24-2020 04:14 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech

Middle
UNT
Western
USM
UTSA
UTEP
Tech's run defense

Officially, LA Tech played 19 freshmen in the USM game last Saturday night. I don't recall that ever happening before, and I've been a Tech fan since the 1970's. 9 of the Tech freshmen racked up a combined total of 40 tackles, including 16 tackles from one true freshman LB from New Orleans, Tyler Grubbs (6'1, 221).

https://latechsports.com/news/2020/9/24/...t-usm.aspx
09-25-2020 01:35 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
I will take the good win over a heated rival any day of the week. We were missing a lot of kids but that's the new world we live in. I am glad to see so many freshmen get playing time in what many are calling a free year. That will help us in the future. As far at the game goes, I am not quite sure we really know much about either team right now. There were too many variables missing to really know what Tech has and USM is having to get off of the mat after having a coach quit on them. Only time will tell what happens to these teams in the long run and I am just glad to have meaningful football.
09-25-2020 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.