Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****W3-FINAL: Troy 47 @ Middle Tennessee 14****
Bookmark and Share
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Exclamation ****W3-FINAL: Troy 47 @ Middle Tennessee 14****
Raiders a dog at home +3.5, a lot of fans are thoroughly disgusted, but our AD seems oblivious or is doing a good job of ignoring the fan base.

ESPN matchup predictor doesn't give MT any better than a 36% chance in any game this season.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020 06:12 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
09-14-2020 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
RE: ****W3: Troy @ Middle Tennessee, 3PM, Saturday, ESPN2****
"Our AD seems oblivious......." Yep! But, the Fish Rots from the Head! We aren't gonna ween ourselves from being "Little Middle" til we get rid of McPhee. Only then, Massaro and Stockstill will follow. What an embarrassment to have the 2nd Largest Enrollment in the state of Tennessee and be so weak in our major sports programs.
09-14-2020 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(09-14-2020 11:55 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  Raiders a dog at home +3.5, a lot of fans are thoroughly disgusted, but our AD seems oblivious or is doing a good job of ignoring the fan base.

ESPN matchup predictor doesn't give MT any better than a 36% chance in any game this season.

We've got a lot of playmakers back and some big transfers, but we still don't know how good our new QB will be... so I'm surprised we're a unanimous favorite.

I feel like the Army game skewed your national perception with odds-pickers. It could be that MT isn't that bad, and Army is just that fantastic.

This game will answer a lot of questions for both MT and Troy.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020 02:17 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
09-14-2020 02:06 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
So thrilled this got moved to ESPN2. Under Stockstill, MT is:

1-10 on ESPN2 and
6-20 on ESPN family national telecasts.

There’s nothing that brings out the shitshow in a Rick Stockstill led team like maximum exposure. We have the market cornered on laying eggs in the bright lights, so sorry for any of you chicken farmers.
09-14-2020 04:59 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

10 freshmen or redshirt freshmen on two deep on offense, same on defense two deep, 20 total out of 44 on the two deep
09-14-2020 07:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Funny thing I noticed in Stockstill's press conference, is that he mentioned Troy's "900 yard rusher" from last season, which was DK Billingsley... but Billingsley isn't even the starter this season. BJ Smith is going to be the starter after missing last year with an injury, and he's the best RB by far. Billingsley simply filled in when Smith got injured.

BJ Smith was preseason Sun Belt POTY last year before getting injured... and Stockstill didn't even mention him returning? Surely Stockstill didn't overlook that? He mentioned all other key players on Troy's team BUT him.

Also, who are the 4 key players for MT that won't be playing this Saturay that Stockstill alluded to?
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020 09:47 AM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
09-15-2020 09:44 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(09-15-2020 09:44 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Funny thing I noticed in Stockstill's press conference, is that he mentioned Troy's "900 yard rusher" from last season, which was DK Billingsley... but Billingsley isn't even the starter this season. BJ Smith is going to be the starter after missing last year with an injury, and he's the best RB by far. Billingsley simply filled in when Smith got injured.

BJ Smith was preseason Sun Belt POTY last year before getting injured... and Stockstill didn't even mention him returning? Surely Stockstill didn't overlook that? He mentioned all other key players on Troy's team BUT him.

Also, who are the 4 key players for MT that won't be playing this Saturay that Stockstill alluded to?

We don't have any key players. We just have a bunch of the same people.

This is Stockstill's way of making excuses for the loss even before the loss happens.
09-15-2020 10:25 AM

(09-15-2020 10:25 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 09:44 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Funny thing I noticed in Stockstill's press conference, is that he mentioned Troy's "900 yard rusher" from last season, which was DK Billingsley... but Billingsley isn't even the starter this season. BJ Smith is going to be the starter after missing last year with an injury, and he's the best RB by far. Billingsley simply filled in when Smith got injured.

This is Stockstill's way of making excuses for the loss even before the loss happens.

He sounded deflated in the whole press conference.
09-15-2020 10:31 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(09-15-2020 10:31 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Sadly that's about the most "energy" you get out of this guy. He should be deflated. Did you see the Army game?
09-15-2020 11:26 AM

(09-15-2020 11:26 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  

Sadly that's about the most "energy" you get out of this guy. He should be deflated. Did you see the Army game?

I'm still surprised that you guys have held on to Stockstill this long. There have been so many up-and-coming young coaches available over the past decade that Massaro has missed out on.

Tony Franklin being OC doesn't help either. He's not an energetic guy. Him trying to sell his "Tony Franklin System" as a side business always seemed counter-productive to his OC mission too.
09-15-2020 11:37 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(09-15-2020 11:37 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

I'm still surprised that you guys have held on to Stockstill this long. There have been so many up-and-coming young coaches available over the past decade that Massaro has missed out on.

Tony Franklin being OC doesn't help either. He's not an energetic guy. Him trying to sell his "Tony Franklin System" as a side business always seemed counter-productive to his OC mission too.

Tony Franklin's career peaked at LA Tech back in 2011 & 2012 with Sonny Dykes. Franklin was very admired when Tech won the WAC in 2011, and was nationally ranked again in 2012. During this 2-year period, LA Tech had road wins over Ole Miss, Virginia, Illinois and Houston. The Dogs also narrowly lost a shootout with Johnny Manzel and Texas A&M in Shreveport, 59-57, which ESPN later ranked as one of its' Top 10 games of the year in 2012. Franklin seems to have struggled since then.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020 11:25 AM by HogDawg.)
09-16-2020 11:19 AM
Advertisement

(09-16-2020 11:19 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 11:37 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 10:25 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  We don't have any key players. We just have a bunch of the same people.

Tony Franklin's career peaked at LA Tech back in 2011 & 2012 with Sonny Dykes. Franklin was very admired when Tech won the WAC in 2011, and was nationally ranked again in 2012. During this 2-year period, LA Tech had road wins over Ole Miss, Virginia, Illinois and Houston. The Dogs also narrowly lost a shootout with Johnny Manzel and Texas A&M in Shreveport, 59-57, which ESPN later ranked as one of its' Top 10 games of the year in 2012. Franklin seems to have struggled since then.

His offense was good and innovative from the time he was an OC between 2000-2012. In those years, his version of the spread offense was more effective, especially for G5's like Troy, La Tech, and MTSU.

But defensive looks/sets have changed over the past decade, and offenses have started involving more running once again. From what I've seen, his spread offense hasn't really evolved with the changes.
09-16-2020 01:27 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Line has moved to Troy -1.5
09-16-2020 07:15 PM
Heisman

People are crazy. Troy should win this one by three or four TD's. I don't bet, because just as soon as I do, Stockstill, Franklin and Co pull one out of their asses.

Most MT fans were laying down big money on Troy to cover at -3
09-16-2020 08:05 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Won't allow myself to even hope for a victory. It's the only way for an MT loyalist to avoid disappointment. Maybe we will get lucky and Troy's Bus will throw a rod on the way to Floyd Stadium.
09-16-2020 09:24 PM

Too much uncertainty on Troy, and one game against Army isn't a good indicator of MT. Too risky IMO.

I am surprised the line moved to Troy -1.5, considering MT announced they'll be without 4 starters because of injuries.
09-16-2020 09:56 PM
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

(09-16-2020 09:56 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Too much uncertainty on Troy, and one game against Army isn't a good indicator of MT. Too risky IMO.

I am surprised the line moved to Troy -1.5, considering MT announced they'll be without 4 starters because of injuries.

The only way MT doesn't get out of the weekend with an "L" is if Troy has a covid breakout before they get tested and get on the bus to the 'boro.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020 10:18 PM by SpaceRaider.)
09-16-2020 10:17 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-16-2020 09:56 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Too much uncertainty on Troy, and one game against Army isn't a good indicator of MT. Too risky IMO.

I am not in any way suggesting Troy is any kind of great team, but I'm a bit surprised as well. MT is without their two major running back transfers and 4 starters. The way they lost to Army does not just imply Army being good, there were coaching decisions and performances by MT that made you wince a few times.

Troy, as of the beginning of the week, is 100% healthy, with no opt outs, and no positive virus results. Troy bringing back nearly 100% of running back and receiver production plus the return of BJ Smith and several additions to the secondary are reasons for optimism. The biggest one, in my opinion, is the addition of Rusty Whitt, but we'll have to see what impact he was able to make during this weird off season.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020 11:35 AM by TroyFootball05.)
09-17-2020 10:29 AM

And we're bringing back the cardinal matte helmets for this game! It's been a few years.

Pretty fitting narration for this season too.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020 11:47 AM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
09-17-2020 11:46 AM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
This is the first game of the season for us and we have a new starting QB. I am not so optimistic.
09-17-2020 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.