Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****W3-POSTPONED: FAU @ GaSo, 3:30ET, Sat., ESPN****
Bookmark and Share
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
Exclamation ****W3-POSTPONED: FAU @ GaSo, 3:30ET, Sat., ESPN****
FAU opens the season against a 1-0 Georgia Southern (Sunbelt Conference). I do not know how COVID may yet influence this fixture. I hope - not so much.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020 06:14 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
09-13-2020 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
RE: **** W3: FAU @ GaSo, 3:30ET, Sat., ESPN ****
I'm just hoping you guys don't totally crush us on national TV. While we had a lot of players out last game it didn't excuse how poorly we played and the chronic mistakes that keep being made. I dont see our defense bailing us out like they have been for the last couple years.

If i was your coach I'd just throw deep on offense and stack the line and force us to throw. Our OC is stubborn and will try to force the dive into a brick wall.

Hopefully we can make it a good game and both teams come our healthy.
09-13-2020 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goliath74 Offline

(09-13-2020 05:14 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  I'm just hoping you guys don't totally crush us on national TV. While we had a lot of players out last game it didn't excuse how poorly we played and the chronic mistakes that keep being made. I dont see our defense bailing us out like they have been for the last couple years.

If i was your coach I'd just throw deep on offense and stack the line and force us to throw. Our OC is stubborn and will try to force the dive into a brick wall.

It's going to be our first game. I do not yet know what we look like. And, yes, I hope no health issues arise from the game.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020 06:02 PM by goliath74.)
09-13-2020 06:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seminowl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FSU & FAU
(09-13-2020 05:14 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  I'm just hoping you guys don't totally crush us on national TV. While we had a lot of players out last game it didn't excuse how poorly we played and the chronic mistakes that keep being made. I dont see our defense bailing us out like they have been for the last couple years.

We have a lot of freshman and sophomores playing. Opt outs/transfers killed our secondary, we are missing our best LB, and our stud QB is no longer with the team.

That being said our team is arguably the most talented of any G5 team outside the AAC. I would’ve loved to see a full powered team take on Minnesota. It would’ve been nice to open with a P5 team that isn’t Alabama/Ohio State/ Oklahoma.

A new QB always makes a game unpredictable. We went from CUSA Champs to sitting home watching bowl games our last QB transition.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020 10:09 PM by Seminowl.)
09-13-2020 10:05 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
We should have at least some of the 33 players who were out last Saturday back, but whether or not it makes a difference is hard to say. On the other side, this will be the first time we see FAU under Taggart's regime and missing their star QB. Hard to predict all the way around. My heart says we win in a tight, competitive game. My head just hopes we don't get completely embarrassed on national tv.
09-14-2020 07:47 AM
Seminowl Offline
Special Teams

RE: ****W3: FAU @ GaSo, 3:30ET, Sat., ESPN****
(09-14-2020 07:47 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  We should have at least some of the 33 players who were out last Saturday back, but whether or not it makes a difference is hard to say. On the other side, this will be the first time we see FAU under Taggart's regime and missing their star QB. Hard to predict all the way around. My heart says we win in a tight, competitive game. My head just hopes we don't get completely embarrassed on national tv.

No disrespect but my heart wants us pick up where we left off last year. We have the talent to be a G5 powerhouse and we are hungry for respect. A few sunbelt squads have earned their respect and hopefully it’s our turn to show what we got.

I still think Georgia Southern is a great program with great fans. You guys have been nothing but classy all offseason. Much better than the SMU smacktalkers we dealt with last bowl season.
09-14-2020 10:11 AM
Advertisement

Goronic Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(09-14-2020 10:11 AM)Seminowl Wrote:  I still think Georgia Southern is a great program with great fans. You guys have been nothing but classy all offseason. Much better than the SMU smacktalkers we dealt with last bowl season.

Don't let that fool you... I am with Dude on this one:

09-14-2020 04:40 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
09-15-2020 01:08 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Really hoping this game is postponed/canceled.

If you can field a team then let's play ball. I'm sure GS will still be down a lot of players.
09-15-2020 03:21 PM
Seminowl Offline
Special Teams

(09-15-2020 01:08 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  

I hate COVID.
09-15-2020 03:23 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

09-15-2020 03:55 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(09-15-2020 03:21 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Really hoping this game is postponed/canceled.

If you can field a team then let's play ball. I'm sure GS will still be down a lot of players.

Lunsford is expecting to have several impact players back for this game.
09-15-2020 03:57 PM
Seminowl Offline
Special Teams

(09-15-2020 03:57 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 03:21 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Really hoping this game is postponed/canceled.

Lunsford is expecting to have several impact players back for this game.

Hopefully we aren’t losing impact players to positive COVID tests.
09-15-2020 05:13 PM
StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
(09-14-2020 04:40 PM)Goronic Wrote:  
(09-14-2020 10:11 AM)Seminowl Wrote:  I still think Georgia Southern is a great program with great fans. You guys have been nothing but classy all offseason. Much better than the SMU smacktalkers we dealt with last bowl season.

Don't let that fool you... I am with Dude on this one:

05-mafia Get outta here hillbilly!
09-15-2020 06:22 PM
goliath74 Offline

11 people in FAU football program have tested positive for COVID. It is unclear how many players. They're doing contact tracing right now.
09-16-2020 06:11 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
"FAU contacted me Monday night and indicated they might not be able to come to Statesboro for our game due to COVID-related reasons with their team. After completing additional testing and contact tracing, FAU contacted us again today to confirm they will not be playing tomorrow," Benko said. "We're beyond disappointed we won't be able to play this home game, but this is an evolving situation that changes week to week, day to day. We know first-hand how hard it is to play a game with a large number of players unavailable."

Both schools will work toward finding a common date to reschedule for later this season and Georgia Southern will continue to assess scheduling possibilities throughout the year. The team will now turn its attention to the Sept. 26 game at No. 19 Louisiana.

https://gseagles.com/news/2020/9/18/flor...thern.aspx

Seriously.. you guy's waited till today to do this?
09-18-2020 09:41 AM
Advertisement

goliath74 Offline

We were hoping, until the very end, that we could play.
09-18-2020 09:44 AM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(09-18-2020 09:41 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  "FAU contacted me Monday night and indicated they might not be able to come to Statesboro for our game due to COVID-related reasons with their team. After completing additional testing and contact tracing, FAU contacted us again today to confirm they will not be playing tomorrow," Benko said. "We're beyond disappointed we won't be able to play this home game, but this is an evolving situation that changes week to week, day to day. We know first-hand how hard it is to play a game with a large number of players unavailable."

Both schools will work toward finding a common date to reschedule for later this season and Georgia Southern will continue to assess scheduling possibilities throughout the year. The team will now turn its attention to the Sept. 26 game at No. 19 Louisiana.

You think they wanted this to happen? The second round of testing apparently did not go well. Truth is you should be happy we’re not coming.
09-18-2020 09:48 AM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(09-18-2020 09:41 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  "FAU contacted me Monday night and indicated they might not be able to come to Statesboro for our game due to COVID-related reasons with their team. After completing additional testing and contact tracing, FAU contacted us again today to confirm they will not be playing tomorrow," Benko said. "We're beyond disappointed we won't be able to play this home game, but this is an evolving situation that changes week to week, day to day. We know first-hand how hard it is to play a game with a large number of players unavailable."

We could have cancelled in August? Stupid comment. I think it showed we wanted to play the game and we waited until it was time to go to the airport.
09-18-2020 10:00 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Nahh.. it just shows me a mismanaged program. I'm not surprised by this when I realize you have Willie Taggart.
09-18-2020 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.