Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis vs Houston football game on Friday postponed after Tigers' COVID-19 outbreak
Bookmark and Share
ucjim1968 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Memphis vs Houston football game on Friday postponed after Tigers' COVID-19 outbreak

09-13-2020 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoachFickFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats , Heat
RE: Memphis vs Houston football game on Friday postponed after Tigers' COVID-19 outbreak
SMU at TCU and Tulsa at OkSU were postponed last week. These OOC games are big for the Bearcats and the AAC because there aren't a lot of OOC games.

In Saturday's big upset ArkSU over K-State, nine ArkState starters did not play and five on K-State's two deep did not play.

Coaches are not in to announcing who isn't playing that Saturday.
It is definitely a secret for who is or who is not playing.

Before games, assistant coaches are going to scan for missing opponent players before the kickoff.

Managing COVID is a big headache for coaches, players, staff, and everyone around the team. Everyone gets tested three times a week.
I think they also get tested for antibodies. They also do contact tracing which means if you have contact with a COVID pos you might be quarantined yourself. Bearcats have done an outstanding job managing COVID, but I think the MAC isn't playing now because to fight COVID it takes a lot of time, money, and organization that they just don't have.

09-13-2020 01:39 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Memphis vs Houston football game on Friday postponed after Tigers' COVID-19 outbreak
Correction...

It's a positive test outbreak.

The Memphis people are reporting that everyone involved is asymptomatic.

So we have more sick people who aren't sick. Yet everyone's still crapping their drawers over a bunch of test results, most of which you can't even trust to be accurate.

09-13-2020 03:23 PM
CoachFickFan Offline
Bench Warmer

This is fast!

Houston plays at Baylor on Saturday.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-s...66983.php:

"On Friday night, Holgorsen had conversations with Chris Pezman, UH’s vice president for athletics, to discuss a contingency plan if the Memphis game were postponed. Holgorsen had brought up Baylor a few weeks earlier after the Bears’ nonconference games against Mississippi and Louisiana Tech were scrapped.

"“I just knew (Baylor) needed a game,” Holgorsen said.

"Late Saturday, UH and Memphis mutually agreed to postpone their game. Three hours later, UH and Baylor announced Saturday’s game in Waco, part of an agreement that includes a home-and-home series that will be played in future years.

'“When we had an opportunity to get this thing going, we jumped on it,” Holgorsen said. “It made sense to us, and it made sense to Baylor. So let’s get us scheduled and make it happen.”'

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020 09:31 PM by CoachFickFan.)
09-14-2020 09:30 PM
CoachFickFan Offline
Bench Warmer

BATTLE OF THE AAC TEAMS SATURDAY AT NOON
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Tulsa at #11 Oklahoma State ESPN 12:00
Austin Peay at #13 Cincinnati ESPN+ 12:00
Houston at Baylor FOX 12:00
3 hours after Houston at Memphis was postponed, Houston agreed to play at Baylor.

Navy at Tulane ABC 12:00
USF at Notre Dame USA (not NBC) 2:30
#13 UCF at Georgia Tech ABC 3:30
SMU at North Texas CBSSN 6:00

The feature game is #17 MiamiFL at #18 Lousiville ABC 7:30

For reference only, the only other ESPN+ game is Central Arkansas
at Arkansas State 7:00 from beautiful Jonesboro, Arkansas.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020 01:04 PM by CoachFickFan.)
09-15-2020 12:58 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(09-13-2020 03:23 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Correction...

It's a positive test outbreak.

The Memphis people are reporting that everyone involved is asymptomatic.

So we have more sick people who aren't sick. Yet everyone's still crapping their drawers over a bunch of test results, most of which you can't even trust to be accurate.

FYI...

This whole story has been proven to be yet another hoax. Of course.

09-17-2020 06:47 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Memphis vs Houston football game o
(09-15-2020 12:58 PM)CoachFickFan Wrote:  BATTLE OF THE AAC TEAMS SATURDAY AT NOON
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Tulsa at #11 Oklahoma State ESPN 12:00
Austin Peay at #13 Cincinnati ESPN+ 12:00
Houston at Baylor FOX 12:00
3 hours after Houston at Memphis was postponed, Houston agreed to play at Baylor.

Navy at Tulane ABC 12:00
USF at Notre Dame USA (not NBC) 2:30
#13 UCF at Georgia Tech ABC 3:30
SMU at North Texas CBSSN 6:00

The feature game is #17 MiamiFL at #18 Lousiville ABC 7:30

For reference only, the only other ESPN+ game is Central Arkansas
at Arkansas State 7:00 from beautiful Jonesboro, Arkansas.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule

Bolded, disappointing for UC to lose this prime spot to a Navy team that was destroyed in week #1, visiting New Orleans to play a team that has historically been second tier at best in the American. At least no one can complain about the lack of attendance for that game this year.

I'll humor myself by believing this is a ploy to sell ESPN+ subscriptions in the Cincinnati market given all the love UC has received pre-season. Here's hoping the Army game a week from Saturday gets the ABC slot. When the B10 resumes, some of these higher profile TV slots the American is enjoying now will disappear.

09-17-2020 07:49 AM
AZBCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(09-14-2020 09:30 PM)CoachFickFan Wrote:  This is fast!

"On Friday night, Holgorsen had conversations with Chris Pezman, UH’s vice president for athletics, to discuss a contingency plan if the Memphis game were postponed. Holgorsen had brought up Baylor a few weeks earlier after the Bears’ nonconference games against Mississippi and Louisiana Tech were scrapped.

"Late Saturday, UH and Memphis mutually agreed to postpone their game. Three hours later, UH and Baylor announced Saturday’s game in Waco, part of an agreement that includes a home-and-home series that will be played in future years.

'“When we had an opportunity to get this thing going, we jumped on it,” Holgorsen said. “It made sense to us, and it made sense to Baylor. So let’s get us scheduled and make it happen.”'

Annnnd that game cancelled too (Baylor this time).

09-18-2020 02:35 PM
cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
(09-18-2020 02:35 PM)AZBCAT Wrote:  
(09-14-2020 09:30 PM)CoachFickFan Wrote:  This is fast!

Annnnd that game cancelled too (Baylor this time).

Baylor-Houston Match-Up Postponed

Quote:WACO, Texas – The highly sought-after match-up between Baylor and Houston has been postponed, and will not be played on Sept. 19. This decision comes as a result of Baylor not meeting the Big 12 Conference COVID-19 game cancellation thresholds. Both Baylor and Houston have agreed to honor the future home and home schedule, as well as monitor dates for future scheduling opportunities.

09-18-2020 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.