Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****W3-FINAL: App State 7 @ Marshall 17****
Bookmark and Share
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Exclamation ****W3-FINAL: App State 7 @ Marshall 17****
After watching today, this should be a good game. I’m going to guess realistically that App will be anywhere from -5.0 to Pick Em. I doubt we will be favored, but we have a pass game and arguably the best OL in CUSA.

SunBelt vs CUSA games have usually been top vs bottom one way or the other. This game should define how even our conferences are...or how far behind one conference is...
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020 06:04 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
09-12-2020 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
RE: ****Might As Well... The OFFICIAL App @ Marshall Game Thread...****
Vegas tends to go in line with Sagarin Predictor for their lines. Today's results haven't been updated yet, but Predictor would have App State -3 at Marshall.

I am much more optimistic about this game having watched today. I recognize the game was in weather and App State has a week to clean up some of the poor play, but I think Marshall will be able to establish a ground game against the App D. App's secondary will be a big step up from what our freshman QB saw last week when our receivers were basically able to separate whenever they needed to. The big unknown is that Marshall's linebacker and front are overhauled in 2020, so this will be the first test of our front 7, but I was impressed with App's run game - #8 showed great clock and game awareness on that last drive. Saw he pulled up at the end, hopefully nothing too serious to overcome.

Doc's teams usually step up and respond to stronger competition - and let down when we aren't supposed to. With the week off and the fact that we've practiced the most of anyone with the original Week 0 start, I think Marshall's going to answer the bell on this one.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020 06:26 PM by CoachMaclid.)
09-12-2020 06:25 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: ****W3: App State @ Marshall, 1:30ET, Sat., CBSSN****
I hope the homefield advantage will help Marshall even with only 12.5k in the stands. Hard to tell how good Marshall is with only one game in v. a middle of the road FCS team.
09-12-2020 06:40 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says marshal wins by 8
09-12-2020 08:02 PM
herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
(09-12-2020 05:32 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  After watching today, this should be a good game. I’m going to guess realistically that App will be anywhere from -5.0 to Pick Em. I doubt we will be favored, but we have a pass game and arguably the best OL in CUSA.

SunBelt vs CUSA games have usually been top vs bottom one way or the other. This game should define how even our conferences are...or how far behind one conference is...
Struck. I want to answer your question about rooting for Appy today. I wanted Appy to come to Huntington undefeated. Too, I have a great deal of respect for their program and their fans as well.
09-12-2020 08:10 PM
Goronic Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Marshall by 3, 31-28
09-12-2020 08:14 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

Hard to get a great read about both teams.

I'm not a betting man, but App State should be a slight favorite.

Probably open at -3...will be a pick em game come game time.
09-12-2020 08:16 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

One team had question marks and answered them last week, finding a legit QB option.

The other looked sloppy and mistake ridden letting a 2.5 TD dog hang around way too long.

App needs to improve quite a bit in the next seven days to best Marshall. I think they can, and having fans in the stands will be huge for our players as well, momentum never really took with the sterile environment.

All these said App will be a 7 or 8 point favorite and the line will settle around 5 or 6 before the game.
09-12-2020 08:25 PM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall, UGA
(09-12-2020 08:25 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  One team had question marks and answered them last week, finding a legit QB option.

The other looked sloppy and mistake ridden letting a 2.5 TD dog hang around way too long.

App needs to improve quite a bit in the next seven days to best Marshall. I think they can, and having fans in the stands will be huge for our players as well, momentum never really took with the sterile environment.

All these said App will be a 7 or 8 point favorite and the line will settle around 5 or 6 before the game.

It should be a a great game against two non-conference teams who know each other very well. Fortunately I get CBSSN, but I'm surprised one of the big networks didn't pick this game up, based on intriguing marquee value.
09-12-2020 08:53 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Marshall O-line dominates and they run for 200 yards and pass for another 200. Win a close one.
98-0
09-12-2020 09:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

(09-12-2020 08:02 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says marshal wins by 8

Also clt:

(04-30-2020 08:41 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says Charlotte is on the rise, appy has peaked and is in decline, and ecu is broke.

We are the only hope.

Michael in Raleigh says clt was dead wrong before and is wrong again.

App by 7.
09-12-2020 09:03 PM
Advertisement

CoachMaclid Offline
All American

The CBS network 3:30 televised game between Army and BYU has now been postponed due to some positive tests on the BYU football team.

App State at Marshall as well as SMU at North Texas are the only two NCAA games on the calendar next week CBS has rights to. I could see App at Marshall getting the promotion to fill the slot on the CBS mothership network.
09-12-2020 09:52 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(09-12-2020 09:52 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  The CBS network 3:30 televised game between Army and BYU has now been postponed due to some positive tests on the BYU football team.

App State at Marshall as well as SMU at North Texas are the only two NCAA games on the calendar next week CBS has rights to. I could see App at Marshall getting the promotion to fill the slot on the CBS mothership network.

That. Would. Be. Amazing.
09-12-2020 09:55 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
Would love to see this game end up on the real CBS. Either way, I'm excited to see how good we really are.
09-12-2020 09:58 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think App is fine on offense in spite of their fans beating themselves up. There's probably going to be a drop-off without their top back and receiver from last year but not much.

I thought the App secondary still looks sharp, but I think the front 7 has regressed. It will be interesting to see how they fare against Marshall's passing game.
09-12-2020 10:02 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

Marshall has a top 10% O-Line.

That's our strength. How is the App State front 7?
09-12-2020 10:04 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

App looked somewhat weaker in the front seven, but losing three players to the NFL will do that.

More concerned about mental mistakes and overall sloppiness today, need to correct unforced penalties like roughing the kicker and jumping offsides on 4th down.

Also Clark’s clock mgmt was bad at the end of the half, first hame as HC so he’ll get better at that.
09-12-2020 10:47 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

APP only gave up 13 points to the 49 offense and I believe around 276 total yds, not exactly “playing on our heels”. I think your looking at the two best OL in their respected conferences so wouldn’t surprise me to see alot of scoring, APPS got to clean up the redzone offense and special teams, but I think both those will be fixed next week, should be a good game.
09-12-2020 10:56 PM
AppYosef Offline
2nd String

I'm just glad you don't have Randy Moss anymore... remember him dominating in Boone vs us when I was a kid... didn't seem fair.
09-12-2020 11:07 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

We made Randy famous when he “high hurdled” our safety on a long td.
09-12-2020 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.