Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall football
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Marshall football
Stirring the pot, we rocket fans, at least I am, are hating to see Marshall on TV playing football, while the Rockets are not playing. We will see how everything pans out with covid. Those teams that are playing, face no significant covid problems, and complete their season, the MAC will be kicking themselves in the ass.

I personally think, with limited attendance, UT and others in the MAC should be playing football.
09-05-2020 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Marshall football
(09-05-2020 01:36 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Stirring the pot, we rocket fans, at least I am, are hating to see Marshall on TV playing football, while the Rockets are not playing. We will see how everything pans out with covid. Those teams that are playing, face no significant covid problems, and complete their season, the MAC will be kicking themselves in the ass.

I personally think, with limited attendance, UT and others in the MAC should be playing football.

I would like to see the MAC evaluate fall sports after the second or third week of football. It would give time to see what is happening at other schools and possibly start playing maybe the second week in October. Who knows? Saw that Tennessee had 44 players out of a cancelled scrimmage today with either covid cases or contact tracing.
09-05-2020 03:51 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Although I'm not sure if any of this is safe, and pretty much 100% of the liability is OFF for MAC schools regarding their football team... Do the positives out weigh the negatives for coming back? If high school can do it. Can colleges? Obviously they're trying. Successful or not will only be known after this season, if everyone survives, including budgets and revenue generators.
09-06-2020 06:41 AM
Advertisement

utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I don't know the answer, but if colleges can't afford the testing or protocol for the safety of players how can high schools? How much/often are high schools testing athletes and coaches? At least college players can be somewhat separated from other students through online classes and athletic dorms. I would think high schools would be taking a greater risk with community transmission as kids go home every night.
09-06-2020 07:57 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
I noticed the high school I went to, the players at halftime did not go into the locker rooms. It was a shorter half time show as well. The band play 2 songs , one was the fight song, that was it. Players took to the field for warm ups. What Fans in the stands were distance apart.
09-07-2020 04:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.